Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A reminder on The CONVENTION Prop and Weapon Thread

Hay~ I've got two airsoft pistols that are filled in with hot glue. The barrel is filled, the trigger space is filled, and the cartridge is glued shut. I think I broke the opening mechanism trying to make sure the cartridge won't pop out. Is that enough? And of course, the appropriate painting will be done on them.
    Cosplays for San Japan Sinister Six:
    Lilypad Princess Tiana- Princess and the Frog
    Twilight Sparkle/Rave Sparkle- My Little Pony
    Breeder- Pokemon

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by teru_no_hime View Post
    Hay~ I've got two airsoft pistols that are filled in with hot glue. The barrel is filled, the trigger space is filled, and the cartridge is glued shut. I think I broke the opening mechanism trying to make sure the cartridge won't pop out. Is that enough? And of course, the appropriate painting will be done on them.
    Absolutly! Make sure to check em in. Thanks./doc

Lets Be Friends Luna-Starbright's Avatar
    I know this is late in the game, and it's just my luck to find this information about my character yesterday...

My character can wield a golf club. I don't plan on swinging it at all (just carrying over my shoulder for photoshoots and posing, and I only plan on carrying it for a portion of the day, and and it's good to lean on while in a line :B)...and it's a graphite shaft club. I'm not sure about the head of it...but like I said...I don't plan on being reckless with it at all.

Would I be allowed to walk around with it for a portion of the convention, or should I just leave it at home?

Thank you, sorry about being so last second!
    -Luna
    -----------------------
    (Copy / Pasted from original post in the wrong thread)

Just my luck to find this information out a day before the convention..but if anyone staff related can get me information on my question, it would be most appreciated!

The character I'm cosplaying as can wield a golf club. I know the rules said no live steel, but I didn't know if this constituted as that. It is a graphite club, and I'm willing to possibly cover parts in foam in order to be able carry it around the convention.

If I'm able to bring it, I will of course get it checked with security...but I wanted to make sure that I would even be allowed to bring it, before bringing it and finding out I have to go put it back in my vehicle

Once again, any info would be great!

-Luna
    (GO SAN JAPAN COSPLAY!)
    Known as Red Fem!Heavy and Red Demoman~

San Japan Mach 5
    -Vinyl Scratch
    -Gala Pinkie Pie
    -Boy Skylark
    -Tavros Nitram

Quote Originally Posted by Luna-Starbright View Post
    If I'm able to bring it, I will of course get it checked with security...but I wanted to make sure that I would even be allowed to bring it, before bringing it and finding out I have to go put it back in my vehicle

Once again, any info would be great!

-Luna
    (GO SAN JAPAN COSPLAY!)
    You're gonna have to check at the con. The main staffers of safety are already at the hotel so they can't check the forums or answer emails.
    In Charge Of The Chaos

Lets Be Friends Luna-Starbright's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Proz View Post
    You're gonna have to check at the con. The main staffers of safety are already at the hotel so they can't check the forums or answer emails.
    Alright, thanks Proz.
    I examined the club a bit more, and I realized that the club part of the golf club is graphite, for the exception of part of the bottom, and the actual striking edge which is metal; The rest is hollow and graphite based. I'm going to cover the metal with some EVA craft foam, and hope that cosplay staff will be cool with me carrying it around for photo ops
    Known as Red Fem!Heavy and Red Demoman~

San Japan Mach 5
    -Vinyl Scratch
    -Gala Pinkie Pie
    -Boy Skylark
    -Tavros Nitram