Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ikkicon 2011

City on the River which flows through the land of Fire and Ice

Ikkicon 2011

Pre-reged and all that. Anyone else headed that way?
    Facebook
    Deviantart
    SJ 6 Cosplays: Pimpachu, Grunkle Stan (Gravity Falls), & HitPony!
    Avi by Ubisoft, edited by http://kyo4kusanagi.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d53j3hw

IS THIS THE REALITY YOU WANTED?! minimoni96's Avatar
    i haven't pre-registered yet, but i am going this year.
    ~J-chan's Cosplay Plans for San Japan Mach 5~
    Sandplay Singing of the Dragon!Megurine Luka - VOCALOID
    Serah Farron - Final Fantasy XIII
    Aqua - Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
    Ukraine - Axis Powers Hetalia

Forever shall support SerahxSnow, MikuxLen, UkrainexCanada, and LukaxGakupo. <3

Time Lord Notorious KittyAnne7152's Avatar
    I... just don't know. I'll be home on winter break, and it'd be nice to go to a con, but after last year I swore it was the last time I was going to give the con a chance. A conumdrum indeed.
    Meh, maybe I'll just go, say hi to people and stuff.

SJ Mach V, tentative ideas.
    Idris, the TARDIS- Doctor Who | Pip Bernadotte- Hellsing Ultimate |The Tenth Doctor- Doctor Who

Just going for Saturday to enter my little sister in the cosplay contest as a Gatherer/Grunt from Amnesia that I'm working on for her. I'll just watch her the whole Saturday and let her do what she wants at the convention.

If I don't finish her Gatherer/Grunt cosplay in time, we're not attending.
    San-Japan 7
    Pete - South Park
    Kevin - Welcome to Desert Bluffs
    Miles Edgeworth - Ace Attorney
    Thorin Oakenshielf - The Hobbit

I haven't been to one yet, and I don't really plan on going to this one either.

SJ has my heart. ;p
    San Japan Main Gopher and Karaoke Coordinator
    "If something happens, I get blamed."

Check out my Work! Come, buy things!
    --> SelectionsX <--

^ Agreed. Hard to attend other conventions when you've been to San-Japan and know how awesome cons can be.
    San-Japan 7
    Pete - South Park

Commander of the Rabbit Army happygoldfish's Avatar
    Heads up, apparently no "realistic" weapon props allowed at all this year because of the new location it's at. Yeeeaaah.... that sucks pretty bad. Ah, well, it makes San Japan seem all the more awesome.
    Cosplays in the works:
    That one guy from that show and the character from that movie that came out a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by happygoldfish View Post
    Heads up, apparently no "realistic" weapon props allowed at all this year because of the new location it's at. Yeeeaaah.... that sucks pretty bad. Ah, well, it makes San Japan seem all the more awesome.
    Well, Pip certainly will be weaponless then. XD

Idris, the TARDIS- Doctor Who | Pip Bernadotte- Hellsing Ultimate |The Tenth Doctor- Doctor Who

Ikkicon sure isn't doing themselves any favors....
    Cosplays in the works:
    That one guy from that show and the character from that movie that came out a few years ago.

Honestly, they never learn...

Ehhh...guess I can't bring a few things I've been working on if they won't allow "realistic-looking" weapons.
    San-Japan 7
    Pete - South Park

From what I gather, this information was not posted on their site yet, but was sent to someone who had a weapons question. I'll post the info they received:

Unfortunately the ATT Conference does not tolerate any weapons, or weapon facsimiles. being located on the University of Texas campus. We understand this may be a bit of a inconvenience, however it is a necessary precaution on behalf of UT.

If your weapon is *obviously* not real, it shouldn't be an issue. Anything that can be mistaken for a real weapon at a long distance will not be allowed.

I recommend bringing the weapon with you that is in question. Our weapons check will let you know if it will be allowed or not.

So, if your weapons are not super real looking, you *might* get away with them. I plan to make a few emails myself, as it just seems silly to eliminate all weapon props that look real (which is in of itself, going to be stupid because I'm sure everyone has a different idea of what "realistic" is). I had a cosplay for the show planned that involved weapons as a necessary part of the costume; I guess not now though.
    Cosplays in the works:

Dezzy's rabid badger ezio auditore da firenze's Avatar

Meh

I'll go, but ikki-con really needs to step it up, I was pretty unimpressed with how things were handled last convention not to mention the best part.... It was on new years.... And it was an upper scale hotel which apparently is a f$&@/!g Mecca for every rich snob in Texas...... Sooooo myself and pretty much every other damned attendee for the convention got trolled the whole time by those "insert swear word here" people who would rather look down their noses at us than pretend that.... Oh i don't know.... Maybe we are people too? I know that must be a stretch for them, but if anything like that happens again I'm done with ikki-con(besides I think we all know that San japan is the one con that really has their sh#t together).
    -When I said "deadly neurotoxin," the "deadly" was in massive sarcasm quotes. I could take a bath in this stuff. Put it on cereal, rub it right into my eyes... honestly, it's not deadly at all... to *me*. You, on the other hand, are going to find its deadliness... a lot less funny. - GlaDOS, Portal

ezio auditore da firenze x dezzy diamond= dezzio??

His Little White Kitten DezzyDiamond's Avatar
    yeah well our anime club is going cuz the school wotn provide transportation even though they are supposed to >_>
    I will be selling at Mizuumi-con and Guesting

Quote Originally Posted by ezio auditore da firenze View Post
    (besides I think we all know that San japan is the one con that really has their sh#t together).
    No matter how many times I see this, I'm always thinking, "It can be done better and this is how.."

I will admit that Ikkicon has greatly improved upon having new management within the convention. When you move to a new place, you're sometimes given BS location rules that you have to deal with. The best option is to try to plan for it and try to let attendees know about it (but have to presume that most don't know until they get there and prepare for it). A good example for us is the Rivercenter Mall with their cosplay prop rules.

We run into issues like this with every place that we've moved into.
    In Charge Of The Chaos

CospPopProductions Member Valizougon Kick's Avatar
    uuah i can never seem to tell things apart but there is a good chance that mai group and i will attend again ... or not usually find these things out in a meeting that is month or two before the con (as to work on cosplay )

however being that we went the last two (3?) years possibly but i don't see any reason to go other than that ...unless we come up with an awesome costume .....then i think i might debut it there and then improve it for SJ : D

evenso i do think SJ has better people (in area and con )

Dezzy's rabid badger ezio auditore da firenze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Proz View Post
    No matter how many times I see this, I'm always thinking, "It can be done better and this is how.."

I will admit that Ikkicon has greatly improved upon having new management within the convention. When you move to a new place, you're sometimes given BS location rules that you have to deal with. The best option is to try to plan for it and try to let attendees know about it (but have to presume that most don't know until they get there and prepare for it). A good example for us is the Rivercenter Mall with their cosplay prop rules.

We run into issues like this with every place that we've moved into.
    Well I didnt mean to sound like the annoying ass fanboy, but I really do think you guys are well above the rest of the conventions here in Texas. Say we go as far as to look at preperation and organization via the internets, the san japan site and forums had things rolling before the beginning of the new year in a very clear and easy to understand manner, Ikki-con however still has a website that is a clusterf#@k of information and as of yet have not posted any kind of schedule, now I understand that these things are far easier said than done, and this isn't just an all out attack on ikkicon, all I'm saying is the san-japan staff know what to do and how to get it done quick.
    -When I said "deadly neurotoxin," the "deadly" was in massive sarcasm quotes. I could take a bath in this stuff. Put it on cereal, rub it right into my eyes... honestly, it's not deadly at all... to *me*. You, on the other hand, are going to find its deadliness... a lot less funny. - GlaDOS, Portal

ezio auditore da firenze x dezzy diamond= dezzio??

City on the River which flows through the land of Fire and Ice

Ride?

Is there anyone going I can hitch a ride with?
    Facebook
    Deviantart
    SJ 6 Cosplays: Pimpachu, Grunkle Stan (Gravity Falls), & HitPony!
    Avi by Ubisoft, edited by http://kyo4kusanagi.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d53j3hw

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by happygoldfish View Post
    Especially since next year we can really relax the weapons and prop policy as well as the costume policy! Re-write is already in progress./DOC

^ WIN.
    I love you guys so much ^.^
    Cosplays in the works: