Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SEXY Cosplayers!

somebody was following me and i wasnt even dressed sexy. it didnt last long though just the 10 minutes i was in the dealers room. He waived at me i waived back and he left. I guess he was just a fan of the character i was dressed as.

I don't mind compliments, or even the "you're sexy." I give out hugs, pose for pictures and take pictures with anyone that asks. What I don't like is stealth glompers, people that mess with the costume, or grab me (without asking first ).
    I was Sesshomaru and about 4 times during the con girls pulled on the momoko (the fuzzy thing on the right shoulder). It is a very difficult piece of the costume to wear, and it takes a while to get right. Everytime someone pulled on it I had to stop and readjust it so it didn't fall off. They always gave a "it's so furry" or "you look hot" comment, but taking me by surprise like that just might earn them an elbow to the face (not really, but that's my first impulse). Many other ladies ASKED me if they could touch/pet it and I'm cool with that.
    In other cons I've been to, like one where I cosplayed as Kenshin (the only Kenshin with REAL, natural red hair I've ever seen) girls were calling me sexy and grabbing my ponytail (which was real, so it hurt) and other... areas. That was completely inappropriate and I made sure they knew it.
    I also practice what I preach. Regardless of how "sexy" or attractive a girl might look, I'm always a gentleman and I'm aware of the fact that in all likelyhood they didn't wear that costume to attract me, and they aren't looking to use the costume to hook up. I compliment them, maybe ask for a picture, and always respect their space.
    If you like how someone looks, pay them a mature compliment, ask them for a picture if you want, and move along. Whistles, catcalls, groping, lude remarks, out-of-the-blue pickup lines, etc. are just a sign of immaturity and will NEVER get a positive reaction from the cosplayer.

Just remember, DO NOT TAKE PHOTOS OF PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT DRESSED UP. It's creepy, frankly.

Iffy

Most people have said it, but personally, it really does depend on what/how you say something. I have no problem being complimented, but I don't appreciate advances made toward me in the first few minutes of conversation.

Bad Ex: Last year I was waiting for the elevator and a boy approached me saying he like my outfit (I wasn't cosplaying, but I was dressed up a bit- nothing revealing mind you). I said thank you, and he continue the conversation. Then not more than 3 minutes after we had been talking he asked if he could have my cell number, I declined saying I don't give my number to strangers and he was kinda persistent. He asked me about my room, and invited me to his, asked me if I was going to the rave... All that made me uncomfortable, I didn't mind that he made advances just that it was too soon-fast and I think I mentioned I was engaged and he still didn't really take the hint.

Good ex: "Hey you look really nice, I like your cosplay!" "Do mind if I take a picture?" And then if you discuss anything further keep it friendly and casual, you just met this person you don't need to put the moves on them. If you spend the con together great, but pay attention to what they are saying and body language. If someone is telling you to take a hike, give'em their space.

Besides a lot of the attendees are under 18, they don't need to be told they're sexy.

I think there is a huge difference between giving a compliment and being lecherous. Going up to an attractive cosplayer and saying something like, "Wow, you look amazing! I love your costume!" is totally acceptable, and definitely welcome in my opinion. But I have had people come up to me, staring in a pervy way. and say VERY inappropriate things. When I was cosplaying Selphie a couple years ago, I had a guy come up to me and ask if my zipper was functioning and if he could test it out (In case you don't know the costume, there is a zipper that runs down the front of the dress). It was just creepy O_o
    Check me out on Twitter!!

San Japan 2012 cosplays:
    Friday: Rarity - My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
    Saturday: Rikku - Final Fantasy X-2
    Sunday: Gothic Steampunk

Most people are nice. Some... cross the line. This usually happens in comments on cosplays that I post on my DA and whatnot. It's not an invitation to be all creepy and say that I have a nice ass. Another thing I can't stand is if they take a picture with me and they put they're hand on my waist/hip. That's just a gesture that's too intimate for complete strangers.

Every time I cosplayed I was with my girlfriend the majority of the time so I didn't really have a problem (not that I'm the most attractive thing out there).
    Nooby Competitive Gamer: Pokemon, Soul cal 5, and maybe persona 4 UA

Cosplays:

Done:
    Aladdin (Disney's aladdin.)

I agree with every bodies comments, but if I were truly in that kind of situation (being stalked/harassed) I won't be nice in return, I might even punch them in the face (while that would feel good, it's not the best choice to make) Saying crude things is disrespectful and uncalled for in any type of setting/situation. It's best people keep their dirty little thoughts inside their dirty little brains.
    Cosplays

Friday: Rainbow Dash in a kimono (no wings)
    Saturday: Goth Rainbow Dash
    Sunday: Rave Rainbow Dash

San Antonio's Male Stripper ThePlayboyBunny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by INVEESABLE View Post
    It's best people keep their dirty little thoughts inside their dirty little brains.
    I'm an advice-giver, listener, and psychiatrist by day
    and a wild, party-starting, life-of-the-party male entertainer by night
    I exist to explain dreams
    And then I aim to fulfill them
    I am here to keep it classy
    And then I am here to party

i see someone being sexy as a positive thing, so if i tell someone that they are sexy and they take it the wrong way than that is their problem as far as i am concerned i just payed them a honest to goodness compliment!

San Antonio's Male Stripper ThePlayboyBunny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mr12345 View Post
    i see someone being sexy as a positive thing, so if i tell someone that they are sexy and they take it the wrong way than that is their problem as far as i am concerned i just payed them a honest to goodness compliment!
    I think what they're taking issue with here isn't being called sexy so much as it is the context. I mean...it's a bit out-of-place in the con atmosphere to many in general, but it's more of a "I know my costume is/I am attractive, but let's try to respect the art of dress-up and not the perversion you get out of it." It's kind of like how you're supposed to look at nude art maturely and as a piece of art, not as...you know, a drawing of a person that posed nude.

That said, though, if you're uncomfortable with stares or potential comments, you might want to reconsider how you go about your Mai Shiranui, Yoko from Gurren Lagann, etc etc.
    I'm an advice-giver, listener, and psychiatrist by day
    and a wild, party-starting, life-of-the-party male entertainer by night
    I exist to explain dreams
    And then I aim to fulfill them
    I am here to keep it classy
    And then I am here to party