Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SEXY Cosplayers!

SEXY Cosplayers!

How do you feel about being hit on? For those of us that find you/your cosplay/both very attractive, would you like to be told? and asked for pictures?

I dnt mind being told a nice compliment that i look cute or even sexy and give a hug if i dnt mind and or a pic or two. But i dnt like when it gets out of hand like a guy stalking you throughout the con or being over touchy feely with me. That is my opinion for how i feel ^^
    PyramidHeadGirl+Illusion007=PH7 (Haters Gonna Hate)

IS THIS THE REALITY YOU WANTED?! minimoni96's Avatar
    i have to agree with pyramidheadgirl, since i'm not a huge fan of someone being too touchy/feely of my cosplay as well. however, i don't mind being told that my cosplay is sexy(though i doubt that'll happen) and i'd love to be asked for pictures. ^^
    ~J-chan's Cosplay Plans for San Japan Mach 5~
    Sandplay Singing of the Dragon!Megurine Luka - VOCALOID
    Serah Farron - Final Fantasy XIII
    Aqua - Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
    Ukraine - Axis Powers Hetalia

Forever shall support SerahxSnow, MikuxLen, UkrainexCanada, and LukaxGakupo. <3

City on the River which flows through the land of Fire and Ice

The Scale

"oh look, cosplay' --> "Nice costume." --> "Can I get a photo?" --> "May I get a photo with you?" --> "Damnnnnnn." --> Security: "Take him out back."
    Facebook
    Deviantart
    SJ 6 Cosplays: Pimpachu, Grunkle Stan (Gravity Falls), & HitPony!
    Avi by Ubisoft, edited by http://kyo4kusanagi.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d53j3hw

Why do I get the feeling I'm going to need to lock this thread?

Let's put it this way; It's generally not a good idea to tell strangers how sexy you think they are no matter how they're dressed. You can say they look good and compliment the costume, but if your comments become more about they're body, then you need to check yourself before you wreck yourself.

if you call ppl sexy and they didnt want you calling them sexy it can be taken as sexual harassment and you could get into very serious trouble. I knew i guy from HS he told a girl she had pretty eyes and then three days later the cops came into the class room and arrested him for harrassment just because of the comment he made.i know that sounds silly but it does happen. so just becarful with your words.

CudaŽ
    Well, I personally wouldn't mind being told that, but I do understand with females it isn't the same story.

I do think that the female should be straightforward and decline and stop the advance if she is not interested, then if it still escalates, get others involved. Just my $0.02, feel free to disagree.

Of course, if someone is being totally creepy, just go to a staffer or security, readily available at SJ and let them know.

Just don't arrest me for saying you look beautiful/wonderful/gorgeous. And guys, remember to be a gentleman and always be respectful to a persons boundaries. You won't get far if you are coming on too strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Totakeke View Post

I do think that the female should be straightforward and decline and stop the advance if she is not interested, then if it still escalates, get others involved. Just my $0.02, feel free to disagree.

The onus should not be on a female to inform a male when he's gone too far, it should be on the male to know where too far is. It is not okay to cat call people. Period.

CudaŽ
    Well, I do agree to an extent, cat calls and straight up dirty comments and such, but if I made a genuine compliment and it makes a woman uncomfortable, well, I would like to be told versus an unexpected visit from authorities.

Everyone has a different threshold, and it is in your best interest to disarm the situation. I have had men and women make advancements at me in poor taste and a few were outright creepy. Ignoring them didn't help, but when I made it clear where I drew the line, it was all it took to end that.

Time Lord Notorious KittyAnne7152's Avatar
    The direction this conversation has gone in reminds me of a PSA I saw once:

Obviously, we aren't talking rape here, but the point still stands. Women should speak up for themselves, yes, but men have to realize too that just because they are dressed a certain way does not mean a woman wants the attention. Now, on to my own experience.
    I rarely get told that I'm sexy in cosplay by those of the opposite gender, it's more women telling me I'm sexy because they mistakenly think that I am a man. That is more amusing than anything else honestly, but there are times when it has gotten slightly out of hand. Girls can get very possessive of attractive men they've met seconds ago, as I've come to find out. They will throw their arms around you, and not let you go.
    My personal space bubble does not like this at all.
    Generally, I just tell them to please let go, because I have a bad back, and then break it to them gently that I'm actually a girl. Then they apologize profusely, I laugh it off and walk away... I haven't had any really scary fangirls, honestly, and I hope I never do.

SJ Mach V, tentative ideas.
    Idris, the TARDIS- Doctor Who | Pip Bernadotte- Hellsing Ultimate |The Tenth Doctor- Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by KittyAnne7152 View Post
    Women should speak up for themselves, yes, but men have to realize too that just because they are dressed a certain way does not mean a woman wants the attention.
    Pretty much the exact point I was trying to make, ha ha. Thank you. It's a point more men would do well to listen to.

We, unfortunately, live in a society where women are taught to be on the defensive, not where men are taught not to be offensive in the first place.

I have to admit I dont mind being complimented on an outfit but how i am complimented still stands as if I was not in cosplay. I have a personal bubble and I dont mind if someone asks me to give me a hug but any unwanted touchin will result in my temper and bubble rising. Happily I never had an encounter as such at any SJ, mostly everyone here knows how to behave
    crazy things have happened and were still here....
    SJ 7:Cana (Fairytail)= 100%
    Daphne (scooby-doo)= 100%
    Penny(Big Bang Theory)=100%
    Arrietty(Secret Life of Arrietty)=85%
    Katara (Avatar the Last Airbender)= 100%

I'm defensive when someone seriously tells me I'm "sexy" and I'm dressed as an old man.

I guess some people like old guys?
    San-Japan 7
    Pete - South Park
    Kevin - Welcome to Desert Bluffs
    Miles Edgeworth - Ace Attorney
    Thorin Oakenshielf - The Hobbit

Quote Originally Posted by RedeadDie View Post
    I'm defensive when someone seriously tells me I'm "sexy" and I'm dressed as an old man.

I guess some people like old guys?
    I guess... uggg I just had a horrible mental image of 12 year olds fawnin over an old man blah

Ew....get the image out of my head!
    San-Japan 7
    Pete - South Park
    Kevin - Welcome to Desert Bluffs
    Miles Edgeworth - Ace Attorney
    Thorin Oakenshielf - The Hobbit

I think it's flattering to be told I'm attractive, but to be considered "sexy"? When I'm dressed as a Sailor Scout, or some other costume? I think it fetishizes a culture and I'm not cool with that. I think it says more about the eye of the beholder's proclivities than the be-costumed subject.

And in any regards, would same beholder consider subject sexy out of costume, un wigged and made-up?

EDIT: I'm gonna leave this here. It's a Feminist take on Comic-Con. I feel it's relevant to the situation and poses some good questions.
    http://msmagazine.com/blog/blog/2011...its-comic-con/
    Last edited by SquidgyGal; 07-27-2011 at 05:00 PM.

whats probably worse is all the other things that people are saying in their minds that you dont hear after they just say "nice costume"
    muahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by miau View Post
    whats probably worse is all the other things that people are saying in their minds that you dont hear after they just say "nice costume"
    muahahaha
    lol yeah but thats when ya just retort "Thanks but here's your level and here's mine... *shows the levels* See this? I'm waaaayyy to high to associate to people in your league." (Happily I never had to be that mean cuz I just glare at them, in a come-near-me-and-you-won't-be-walking look XD

I love being hit on, but not to the stalker extent. I like cat calls and whistles and all that, but I have a very skewed look on reality. I'm also kind of a cruel person. People should just play it safe, don't glomp, don't stalk, be friendly, not freaky.
    Cosplays for San Japan Sinister Six:
    Lilypad Princess Tiana- Princess and the Frog
    Twilight Sparkle/Rave Sparkle- My Little Pony
    Breeder- Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by teru_no_hime View Post
    I love being hit on, but not to the stalker extent. I like cat calls and whistles and all that, but I have a very skewed look on reality. I'm also kind of a cruel person. People should just play it safe, don't glomp, don't stalk, be friendly, not freaky.
    I second that