Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 51

Thread: SEXY Cosplayers!

  1. #21
    Is Only Half Evil BleachAnimeFreak1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    San Antonio, Tx
    Posts
    27
    I love compliments and hugs and such. So if someone tells me I'm sexy I would feel flattered. However while dressed in my Kon costume cute would be better, lol. Seriously though, everyone has a different opinion on this. You're best bet is watch body language and keep the comments to things along the lines of things such as "you look cute" or " I really like your costume". Keep it toned down. And as said before watch for body language.
    "I do not envy the headache that you will have when you awake, but till then, sleep well and dream of large women."

  2. #22
    Professional Zombie Killer SweetlyDemented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    421
    Compliments and such other things are fine... But I would never tolerate crude catcalls or perverted remarks and whistles directed at me. That's when it just gets downright creepy. As long as it stays on the 'cute' side of things, it's fine with me. On Saturday I was a raver girl, and this guy (couldn't have been older than 15) came up to me saying how beautiful I was. He even asked for a kiss on the cheek! I'm fine with things like these, but anything past that... Yeah no.
    C O S P L A Y _ L I S T _ C O M I N G _ E V E N T U A L L Y

  3. #23
    achieving awesomeness since day 1 alycan16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    5,240
    im just going to say, you reep what you sow >.>

    Arriety - 100% done
    Parasoul from Skullgirls- 100% done
    Usagi Tsukino- 100% done
    Princess Peach Masquerade 90% done

  4. #24
    Is Only Half Evil BleachAnimeFreak1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    San Antonio, Tx
    Posts
    27
    I wouldn't go as far as telling cosplayer's that they "reap what they sow". You shouldn't be looked down upon for wanting to cosplay your favorite anime, tv, game or movie character.
    "I do not envy the headache that you will have when you awake, but till then, sleep well and dream of large women."

  5. #25
    Past 10 Posts SexyNeoWolfBoy99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Dian_eiri View Post
    How do you feel about being hit on? For those of us that find you/your cosplay/both very attractive, would you like to be told? and asked for pictures?
    I was actually asked to do a yaoi picture in my wolf cosplay, and i honestly dont think i would have minded very much :P

  6. #26
    Past 10 Posts SexyNeoWolfBoy99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    25

    Cool

    I was told only once flat out i was a sexy hott wolf boy by a girl and i was very flattered, i also heard peoples comments that were similar about me behind my back and again I was flattered. But i feel people take it to far when they would just grab my tail, i honestly almost round housed this one person for doing that cause it startled me, and you can ask Latin19, its not a good idea to startle me from behind lol :P

    Guys, dont be creeps, period. same goes for the ladies.we are all people and therefore should be treated as such

  7. #27
    Amazon muscle lattin12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Portales, NM
    Posts
    2,359
    Quote Originally Posted by SexyNeoWolfBoy99 View Post
    I was told only once flat out i was a sexy hott wolf boy by a girl and i was very flattered, i also heard peoples comments that were similar about me behind my back and again I was flattered. But i feel people take it to far when they would just grab my tail, i honestly almost round housed this one person for doing that cause it startled me, and you can ask Latin19, its not a good idea to startle me from behind lol :P

    Guys, dont be creeps, period. same goes for the ladies.we are all people and therefore should be treated as such
    Neo, im lattin12 not lattin19 but yes I kno what you mean...
    crazy things have happened and were still here....
    SJ 7:Cana (Fairytail)= 100%
    Daphne (scooby-doo)= 100%
    Penny(Big Bang Theory)=100%
    Arrietty(Secret Life of Arrietty)=85%
    Katara (Avatar the Last Airbender)= 100%

  8. #28
    Professional Zombie Killer SweetlyDemented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    421
    Quote Originally Posted by BleachAnimeFreak1980 View Post
    I wouldn't go as far as telling cosplayer's that they "reap what they sow". You shouldn't be looked down upon for wanting to cosplay your favorite anime, tv, game or movie character.
    Yeah, this.
    C O S P L A Y _ L I S T _ C O M I N G _ E V E N T U A L L Y

  9. #29
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by alycan16 View Post
    im just going to say, you reep what you sow >.>
    You mean "reap".

    Secondly, this is absolutely wrong on so many levels. I've said it before, I'll say it again, the onus is NOT on the person wearing the outfit to just not... wear it. It's on the other person not to be a creepy douche.

    No outfit, regardless of how provocative, gives any person a right to make the person wearing that outfit feel uncomfortable with unwanted words or gestures. Period.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by thegearproject View Post
    You mean "reap".

    Secondly, this is absolutely wrong on so many levels. I've said it before, I'll say it again, the onus is NOT on the person wearing the outfit to just not... wear it. It's on the other person not to be a creepy douche.

    No outfit, regardless of how provocative, gives any person a right to make the person wearing that outfit feel uncomfortable with unwanted words or gestures. Period.
    I wasn't gonna post here, but I've gotta ask... you mean 'unwanted' as in 'call me sexy at all in any way and you are instantly a creeper' or as in 'if you make a comment like that and I respond negatively you are supposed to stop?' Because the latter is reasonable, but if you choose a skimpy cosplay, I'm willing to bet there's a good chance the character wears such a costume to BE provocative/sexy, and if you don't want to represent that, it would make more sense to wear it. It would be like a prude cosplaying PSG or something.

  11. #31
    Amazon muscle lattin12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Portales, NM
    Posts
    2,359
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Sebastian View Post
    I wasn't gonna post here, but I've gotta ask... you mean 'unwanted' as in 'call me sexy at all in any way and you are instantly a creeper' or as in 'if you make a comment like that and I respond negatively you are supposed to stop?' Because the latter is reasonable, but if you choose a skimpy cosplay, I'm willing to bet there's a good chance the character wears such a costume to BE provocative/sexy, and if you don't want to represent that, it would make more sense to wear it. It would be like a prude cosplaying PSG or something.
    In my eyes, callin a person sexy isn't creepy it's stalkin the person, or gropin the person after they polietely say thank you and move on... Most people who wear the sexy cosplay usually kno and accepted the cosplay as sexy but if someone does somethin to you in the cosplay that is unwanted by the person, then it's not a good thing.
    crazy things have happened and were still here....
    SJ 7:Cana (Fairytail)= 100%
    Daphne (scooby-doo)= 100%
    Penny(Big Bang Theory)=100%
    Arrietty(Secret Life of Arrietty)=85%
    Katara (Avatar the Last Airbender)= 100%

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by lattin12 View Post
    In my eyes, callin a person sexy isn't creepy it's stalkin the person, or gropin the person after they polietely say thank you and move on... Most people who wear the sexy cosplay usually kno and accepted the cosplay as sexy but if someone does somethin to you in the cosplay that is unwanted by the person, then it's not a good thing.
    Well yes, obviously there are actions that are inappropriate no matter what, like groping.

  13. #33
    Amazon muscle lattin12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Portales, NM
    Posts
    2,359
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Sebastian View Post
    Well yes, obviously there are actions that are inappropriate no matter what, like groping.
    Agreed. In my opinion I get really flattered if someone calls me sexy, but there is a level as the actions that get creeped out and pissy...
    crazy things have happened and were still here....
    SJ 7:Cana (Fairytail)= 100%
    Daphne (scooby-doo)= 100%
    Penny(Big Bang Theory)=100%
    Arrietty(Secret Life of Arrietty)=85%
    Katara (Avatar the Last Airbender)= 100%

  14. #34
    Past 10 Posts Maple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    27
    I have to agree with everyone on here. Getting compliments is wonderful, and getting asked for a picture with someone is very flattering. Thankfully, everyone I met at San Japan were wonderful and very polite, but at the Snowcone Social? Completely different story.

    This one guy would not stop following me and my friend. At first we thought it was coincidence, but when it got to the point he followed us to the bathroom? Nuh uh. And then he asked our names, age and where we were going after wards, which we promptly shut him down. But when we left, he was following us out. We went inside a dress store to wait until he would leave, but he was literally doing laps waiting for us to come out. We eventually got a mall cop to escort us to our car. I was a little afraid to go to San Japan in case I met him again there, and luckily I didn't.

    I don't understand what people think when they act a way that's clearly offensive, and just plain creepy. It's not like anyone will be all, "Oh, you like my ass? What a kind thing to say! Of course I'll go back to your room, you sweet thing, you!"

    Likewise, as a girl I won't cling onto a guy in a costume, or a random con-goer. If I want a hug, I'll ask. I expect people to do the same for me.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Maple View Post
    Likewise, as a girl I won't cling onto a guy in a costume, or a random con-goer. If I want a hug, I'll ask. I expect people to do the same for me.
    Exactly this, and everyone will get along just fine. Even necessarily beyond the realm of being sexy, I posted a con story somewhat about this in the thread for them, and I've heard from so many people who don't like being randomly grabbed/touched/etc. that it just makes sense to, y'know... NOT do that.

  16. #36
    Past 10 Posts Maple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Sebastian View Post
    Exactly this, and everyone will get along just fine. Even necessarily beyond the realm of being sexy, I posted a con story somewhat about this in the thread for them, and I've heard from so many people who don't like being randomly grabbed/touched/etc. that it just makes sense to, y'know... NOT do that.

    Exactly! I know when I went to Ikkicon, my boyfriend went as Ling Yao and a girl basically foot ball tackled him. He was surprised to say the least, and it pulled out his pony tail that took me forever tie in. We weren't like, "HNNG DON'T DO THAT" or anything, but it would just make more sense to ask for a hug if you need one THAT badly.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Maple View Post
    Exactly! I know when I went to Ikkicon, my boyfriend went as Ling Yao and a girl basically foot ball tackled him. He was surprised to say the least, and it pulled out his pony tail that took me forever tie in. We weren't like, "HNNG DON'T DO THAT" or anything, but it would just make more sense to ask for a hug if you need one THAT badly.
    Thankfully I was only ever tackled once, but I didn't react as well because it was my first con and I wasn't so initiated. But yeah, dude broke my costume. No more Ryu that convention.

    More on topic, at least I would hope, anyone have any problem with floor games at photoshoots getting a little 'heavy?'

  18. #38
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Sebastian View Post
    I wasn't gonna post here, but I've gotta ask... you mean 'unwanted' as in 'call me sexy at all in any way and you are instantly a creeper' or as in 'if you make a comment like that and I respond negatively you are supposed to stop?' Because the latter is reasonable, but if you choose a skimpy cosplay, I'm willing to bet there's a good chance the character wears such a costume to BE provocative/sexy, and if you don't want to represent that, it would make more sense to wear it. It would be like a prude cosplaying PSG or something.
    It's a mix of both, actually. Because not all ways of calling someone "sexy" are at all appropriate. You can't paint it all with the same brush. But, really, the attitude that "it's your fault you are being harassed because you dressed provocatively" is disgustingly sexist. And that is something I will, personally, not tolerate on a forum I am a moderator for.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by thegearproject View Post
    It's a mix of both, actually. Because not all ways of calling someone "sexy" are at all appropriate. You can't paint it all with the same brush. But, really, the attitude that "it's your fault you are being harassed because you dressed provocatively" is disgustingly sexist. And that is something I will, personally, not tolerate on a forum I am a moderator for.
    Well obviously I didn't mean the "it's your fault" thing, but like I said, if you don't want to be called sexy in even the most innocuous of ways, then it only makes sense not to dress as a character designed to fit that adjective.

  20. #40
    ZOMBIE Panelist RedeadDie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    1,463
    Someone called me a sexy grandpa while I was dressed as a wrinkled old man this weekend.

    It happened again. O.o
    San-Japan 7
    Pete - South Park
    Kevin - Welcome to Desert Bluffs
    Miles Edgeworth - Ace Attorney
    Thorin Oakenshielf - The Hobbit

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •