Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cosplay Feedback

Commander of the Rabbit Army happygoldfish's Avatar
    I hope he sees this thread >.>
    Cosplays in the works:
    That one guy from that show and the character from that movie that came out a few years ago.

Does anyone know who was Nightcrawler (Kurt Wagner)

I am looking for the cosplayer for X-men Evolution Kurt Wagner, image inducer off. I had a question for them, and i can't seem to find out who it was. Any ideas?

Hit me up at my email or sumfink please.
    C'mon White. Its playtime.

I didnt get to personally see the cosplay show this year but I just watched a video of it and maaaaybe it was the camera but I had a few problems with the show.
    My BIG problem was the lighting. ---Again this could be the cameras fault but from what I saw those colored lights really through off a lot of costumes for me and I had trouble really appreciating them. Colored lights are a BAD idea when you are doing a show designed to show the world craftsmanship. It was also dark on stage despite the lighting.

Second-- Was there like a tape X on stage to show walk-ons where the middle was? From the video I saw almost EVERYONE posed on the far right side of the stage and then ran off, they should have been directed before the show to make it out to the middle.

Lastly--- Maybe a new MC. I'm sure she is on here and I'm POSITIVE she is a very nice girl but she isn't the greatest announcer. Someone with more comfort talking on stage in the heat of the moment? She also had a tendency to repeat "And now I have.." and I could only take that about 50 times before I just started fast forwarding her.

I'd like to repeat I was not at the show I just watched the 2 hour youtube video and a lot of my issues could probably be blamed on poor camera quality.

Quote Originally Posted by porkchops_and_applesause View Post
    I didnt get to personally see the cosplay show this year but I just watched a video of it and maaaaybe it was the camera but I had a few problems with the show.
    My BIG problem was the lighting. ---Again this could be the cameras fault but from what I saw those colored lights really through off a lot of costumes for me and I had trouble really appreciating them. Colored lights are a BAD idea when you are doing a show designed to show the world craftsmanship. It was also dark on stage despite the lighting.

Second-- Was there like a tape X on stage to show walk-ons where the middle was? From the video I saw almost EVERYONE posed on the far right side of the stage and then ran off, they should have been directed before the show to make it out to the middle.

Lastly--- Maybe a new MC. I'm sure she is on here and I'm POSITIVE she is a very nice girl but she isn't the greatest announcer. Someone with more comfort talking on stage in the heat of the moment? She also had a tendency to repeat "And now I have.." and I could only take that about 50 times before I just started fast forwarding her.

I'd like to repeat I was not at the show I just watched the 2 hour youtube video and a lot of my issues could probably be blamed on poor camera quality.
    Point the First: I told them to keep the lightning neutral, and for the most part, they did. But the lighting was only truly neutral in the center of the stage. We'll work on this next year.

Point the Second: This was brought up at the feedback panel and we will definitely be marking the stage next year.

Point the Third: I have no intention of replacing the MC. It was her first show, and not only did she do a good job in my opinion, but she actually bothered to ask entrees about pronunciation and had a winning attitude the entire time we worked with her, never once coming off as entitled or bossy. She did what she did for the show, not for herself. This is a VAST improvement over previous MCs, and something I want to keep.

His Little White Kitten DezzyDiamond's Avatar
    Overall it was very well run. I have competed since SJ 2.x and as usual you guys run an amazing show. Congrats and keep it up!
    I will be selling at Mizuumi-con and Guesting