Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What was good, what was bad

We're fully aware of the issues that people have with our Safety this year and the lack of space which is why we're moving to a new location but it would be a big help to hear why your father was considering us "unorganized". We need more details.

Compared to SJ1.5 / 2008, we've grown leaps & bounds to be nearly double in size based on attendance. We've made many improvements since then in scheduling and trying to streamline the convention but also experiencing a lot of growing pains along with it.

Idea: Would putting up posters every 20 feet to remind people about not sitting down in the narrow hallways (this will be the case again at the HBG Conv. Center) be helpful at all?
    In Charge Of The Chaos

Shogun Candidate #000 YoSoyJaponesa~'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Proz View Post
    Idea: Would putting up posters every 20 feet to remind people about not sitting down in the narrow hallways (this will be the case again at the HBG Conv. Center) be helpful at all?
    How about "No Loitering" signs IN said areas? Makes more sense, IMHO.

IMHO Having those kinda signs would be give off the wrong kind of feel for the con. We are very chill. I think just going back to training our Safety team and teaching them how to be nice and helpful with a good tone will be best. Good energy all around will end in happy people. We should focus on weeding out the bad apples and educate people why sitting with your legs out in a narrow hall is a bad idea.

Shogun Candidate #000 YoSoyJaponesa~'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    IMHO Having those kinda signs would be give off the wrong kind of feel for the con. We are very chill. I think just going back to training our Safety team and teaching them how to be nice and helpful with a good tone will be best. Good energy all around will end in happy people. We should focus on weeding out the bad apples and educate people why sitting with your legs out in a narrow hall is a bad idea.
    Fair enough. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I agree with Jay on this one.

I Know Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Proz View Post
    We're fully aware of the issues that people have with our Safety this year and the lack of space which is why we're moving to a new location but it would be a big help to hear why your father was considering us "unorganized". We need more details.

Compared to SJ1.5 / 2008, we've grown leaps & bounds to be nearly double in size based on attendance. We've made many improvements since then in scheduling and trying to streamline the convention but also experiencing a lot of growing pains along with it.

In Proz's defense, I would actually argue that this year was wonderfully organized, there were some bumps here and there, but for the most part it was run really well. As for the other problem about people sitting in the halways with their legs sticking out, i would say that they shouldnt do that, but i also understand that there is limited sitting space and being how the con is a full day thing, people get tired and just want to chill on the floor, so id say to tell the security to just take it easy on them

Quote Originally Posted by kite View Post
    In Proz's defense, I would actually argue that this year was wonderfully organized, there were some bumps here and there, but for the most part it was run really well. As for the other problem about people sitting in the halways with their legs sticking out, i would say that they shouldnt do that, but i also understand that there is limited sitting space and being how the con is a full day thing, people get tired and just want to chill on the floor, so id say to tell the security to just take it easy on them
    Sitting on the floor is one thing. Sitting on the floor with legs sticking out in the middle of the walkway is something else entirely - not really sure someone can be very chill when they're trying to avoid getting tripped multiple times..

Just sayin'.
    San Japan Main Gopher and Karaoke Coordinator
    "If something happens, I get blamed."

Check out my Work! Come, buy things!
    --> SelectionsX <--

CudaŽ
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuri View Post
    Sitting on the floor is one thing. Sitting on the floor with legs sticking out in the middle of the walkway is something else entirely - not really sure someone can be very chill when they're trying to avoid getting tripped multiple times..

Just sayin'.
    Try carrying a heavy freaking guitar amp through a crowd of two thousand+/- people, including people sitting in the hallways like that.