Thread: Favorite Panel worse Panel!

Favorite Panel worse Panel!

There were some pretty epic panels, Which ones were your favorite? Which ones were boring and dull. Tell us!

Just call me Windy! MeWindyCharms's Avatar
    Ah, perhaps there is a more diplomatic wording?

Well, Which ones did you have a blast in? Which ones needed help and needs to improve? That's what this thread is for, to see who did good, and who needs help, so let's offer some help!

Past 10 Posts
    i loved the Kingdom Hearts Panel but it was in a room soooooo small that i couldnt get in until someone came out
    "Screw the rules! I have money!"

Akuroku Lover ^-^

"When I am fuhrer all officers will be required to wear TINY MINI-SKIRTS!!!!!"

I loved the Tea Tasting Panel!
    I was so enlightened afterwards! It was a little sad that so little people could experience it! (Only reason I did was because I had a silver pass and then later learned they could only be used for major events...which is a different subject)

I came home and now all my tea feels wrong and gross! I even went to chili's afterwards and found that I could not only tell what tea was being used, but I could also taste them hiding the bitterness with mango flavoring. I would love to see this panel come back and hopefully a little larger? I know it is expensive but maybe smaller cups can be used and more people helping out? It is a Panel worth spending an hour in line for!

I only went to panels that I knew I would enjoy. I could not call any of the ones that I managed to get in to boring or poorly done. The Iron Artist panel was hilarious and awesome, Ninja Hell is always good, and the Anime Battle Royale almost made me lose my voice >_<.

Lurker
    Unfortunately I wasn't able to get into many panels. Mostly I was able to go to Steampunk panels, and they were all great. Hopefully next year I'll be able to see a few more that I'd wanted to get into but got to the line too late.

Regularly Showing Up SonicRenegade84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by excaliborg View Post
    and the Anime Battle Royale almost made me lose my voice >_<.
    Glad I could help. I was the host. XD

I Know Post
    i think my favorite was anime battle royal while i think that the hitman reborn panel could have used some work

Heaven, sing for me a song of life~ Stocking Anarchy's Avatar
    I loved the World Summit. (Me being part of it was beside the point. >.>)
    Anime Jeopordy and Anime Password were also really nice. ^_^ Password especially, that was hilarious.

There were honestly no panels I truly hated.....nothing I even 'disliked', either. Though the only thing I got a bit annoyed with is that the stands were put everywhere, so when I actually reached the main shopping area.....I was out of money. X3
    And they were a bit picky with how you enter and exit a room, that got on my nerves....plus I couldn't find a good way back to the screening rooms after I left the pre-reg line, so that was pretty annoying.
    But those are all small things. Overall, I had a great time. ^_^
    Cosplaying as:
    Suwako Moriya (Touhou), Taiwan/Mei-Mei (Hetalia-- also part of the Hetalia: World Summit Event :3), Battler Ushiromiya (Umineko)

Considering cosplaying as:
    Kim Pines (Scott Pilgrim), Black Mage (Final Fantasy I),Stocking Anarchy (Panty and Stocking)

I think the only panels I made it too were the Reborn fan panel and the Fan Fiction panel. The woman who ran the Fan Fiction panel really knew her stuff, and gave (in my opinion) really good advice. I don't write fan fiction but now, thanks to her, I'm considering it XD

And if she reads this, I'm SOOOOO sorry I was dozing off in the panel!!! I only got 4 hours of sleep the night before and didn't have any breakfast or lunch, so my 'con-crash' was kicking in ><

I Know Post
    I'm really conflicted cause i mostly went to panels about costume design and they were all hitting the information that i wanted to ask about on the dot. i do though think that not necessarily the panels' fault but some of the steampunk panels i wanted to see er more like all of them, i couldn't get in cause i got out of one panel and needed to get into the back of the line to the steampunk one.... wait for it.... aaaaaand didn't make it in. oh well. maybe next year we could try and get a popularity vote done on panels done.. like what 4 panels would you die if you missed them, then the ones that have higher popularity can be setup for bigger rooms to accommodate a line of 100 PPL for a 35 person panel. But oh well whatever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger, and the staff did a lot of hard work managing those lines of middle aged children who felt the need to direct their anger at the lowest man on the totem pole...

OHH OHHH OOHHHH... Thats something i HATED about the panels!!! the attendees who are already well known by their local fast food joints because of their attitude (For one i work at pizza hut and it takes a lot out of me to not leave poops the cat in the pizza box for ya. just saying) i think its funny when those of you who cant hold your childish temper and take it out on someone who has nothing to do with the problem because i guarantee you have eaten pubic hair fecal matter dirt and garbage many of times with your food.

Quote Originally Posted by Tampopo View Post
    I disagree with the Fan Fiction panel. I don't want to sound too critical or anything (and I'm not waving my "credentials" around either) but as someone who has studied writing, I didn't agree with some things she said. For example, she said that anything over 10 pages should be broken up into chapters, which would there for constitute a novel. Now, classifications vary, but generally, a short story is 50-60 pages (give or take a few) and a novella is 70-100, and a novel is anything over that. She had her facts wrong with other things, but I'm not going to point everything out. But I guess Fan Fiction may or may not follow the standards of original writing.
    Fan Fiction does not follow the standards of original writing. In fact, they are very very different. Very different. Fanfiction sadly follows many rules based on internet standards.

Although a short story in a book or (for lack of a better phrase) professional writing may be 50+ pages, in fan fiction, and inherently thus implied on the internet, 50+ pages is equal to a book. A really long book.

Also, she said that anything past 10 pages and it should be chapters, ie: each 10 pages is a new chapter. So, a 100 page fic would be broken up into about 10 chapters. I would hate to read a fic that is a 100 pages long without it giving me a breaking point (like chapters). Sorry, but the internet has a very short attention span.

Favorite Panel: Only one I went too, Kamen Rider Fan Panel.
    Since I was the host

I didn't 'attend' any panels (at least not by choice, I was dragged by Jess into some late night VA panel, which IMO wasn't funny but whatev) but I co-hosted the Anime Moth panel. I wish more cosplayers had come, but we got the scheduling we got.

Favorite panels

Video Game Jeopardy: Fun Fun!
    Super Sketch art fight turbo: I had a blast I hope everyone did too.
    PrismaColor: Great.
    AmiTalkie: cool.
    Steampunk budget: was ok.
    Cosplay drama: fantastic

NOt so good.
    eh, can't think of any. if i wasn't interested i didn't go.

SJ Steampunk Coordinator
    Haha, you can only talk about budgeting with Steampunk for so long, honestly. Two hours was a ton of time to fill, but if we did okay in your book, that's good enough for me!
    SJ Steampunk Coordinator

Vapeurpunk ou Barbarie!

San Antonio Neo-Victorian Association, Co-Chairman & Co-Founder

Egoraptor was my favorite panel. I didn't get the chance to make it to the Friday night one, but the one on Saturday was a blast