Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: San Japan 4TW Stories

8th Evil Ex-Boyfriend illusion007's Avatar

San Japan 4TW Stories

Admit it, you got some, whether good or bad.

Share your con stories y'all!
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something" -Winston Churchill
    Morale Support Staff
    PHGirl x 007 = PH7 (God help us)
    http://derrilickt.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/haters-gonna-hate-cat.jpg

Professional Zombie Killer SweetlyDemented's Avatar
    OKAY SO

So we were in the Dealers' Room and we saw a TF2 Medic through the crowd. When a zombie passed by, my friend and I couldn't help but yell out "MEDIC! WE NEED A MEDIC HERE!" ...Security ended up approaching us, thinking we actually needed medical assistance... WHOOPS. XD We kinda freaked when one of the security guys came over, but after he left my friend and I just burst out laughing.

It's good to know that security was listening, though
    C O S P L A Y _ L I S T _ C O M I N G _ E V E N T U A L L Y

I had a troll experience when I was in my Scott Pilgrim cosplay on Saturday. It wasn't irritating, just interesting cause it's never happened before. She was saying how I'll never find my true love, even though I had the Power of Love, and that I would be Forever Alone =P

Also, when I was in the elevator, someone squeed and hugged me because I made her day by being Colonello on Friday. It made me super happy and proud of my cosplay by seeing how happy I made her ^^

I was dressed as Kakuzu from Naruto Shippuden. I was getting a drink of water from one of those coolers when a girl walked up behind me and said in a sweet little voice, "I'm going to hug you." It was so cute.

At Ani-Idol, there was a guy dressed up as Naruto sitting a few rows in front of me and he kept turning around and sticking his tongue out at me!

I opened a door for a group of cosplayers dressed as L, Light and Misa from Death Note. As L walked through, I called out, "L, I love you!" She called me back and gave me a hug!

When I got autographs, one of the female voice actors wrote, "You look great!"

I've attended 3 San Japans and this was my best one yet.
    "The real world is for people who can't imagine anything better."

Lets Be Friends
    I was attempting to enter the dealer's room on Sunday and when I flashed my badge at the green shirt, he initially thought I was attempting to bribe him to get in. I had food in the plastic bag I was carrying and asked if he wanted either chewy bars or gummies. He said gummies, and I told them they were Princess and the Frog ones, but he was manly enough to deal with it. He laughed and took the gummies along with the two other guys at the entrance before I left.

That made me smile for the entire day.
    <3 amara, who was once mamaesme but decided that she didn't like being associated with Twilight anymore.

8th Evil Ex-Boyfriend illusion007's Avatar

D**k in a box

Waiting in line for the masquerade, PHGirl made some reference to the Lonely Island so i countered it with D**k in a box. The girls in front of us kept looking at us in amusement so i sang the whole song, moves and all. They liked it and it made their day ^_^
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something" -Winston Churchill
    Morale Support Staff
    PHGirl x 007 = PH7 (God help us)
    http://derrilickt.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/haters-gonna-hate-cat.jpg

lol dude XD
    ah the stories i could tell :P
    Okay there was a cool dante cosplayer and i was all Can i get a hug X3 (i usually never ask anyone for hugs but cute guys okie) and he gave me a nice hug and was all Your very beautiful and i was all Aww X3 then later he passed by me and poked my side and was all Hey Goregous AHHH such a dante ><

For saturday it was cool our unofficial boardie meetup going to the lobby and me and 007 again singing lonely island songs for everyone and just derping out at the rave later.

sleeping samurai was awesome to watch and wow i didnt think eraz was so skilled at it i had fun with my fight i felt so pumped up after it and wanted to just go around kicking ass but yeah XD

the fan fight me and yosoy had at the forum meetup was fun i wanted to continue it XD and of course i had lots of fun with 007
    PyramidHeadGirl+Illusion007=PH7 (Haters Gonna Hate)

Kind of a boring, non-cosplay related story, but the hotel staff were fantastic.

Despite not having a room at the convention hotel the valet crew at the Marriott let me park right in front of the hotel and let me come and go from that spot as I pleased. Very nice of them...treatment like that could make me lazy!

So one time at....San Japan....

Was the 3rd day, near around the end of the con. At one of the dead end hallways, a bunch of people were playing ninja. I am a gamer nut, love games, have tons, and ALWAYS looking to play and find more. So I was playing for a bit, but then they all got bored. So I asked who want to play 'Are You a Werewolf". After explaining the rules and playing 1 game, the group grew, and grew.....to around 20+ people.
    But wait....it gets better.
    One of the staff told us that the con is closed and need to leave the 3rd floor, while in the middle of the game. Fair enough. One of the players, cute little lady, said she knew a place to finish the game. We had a 20+ person follow the leader game to that spot.
    IT WAS EPIC!!!! And the game was fun too!

While in my Luke Skywalker cosplay, a girl told me my likeness to Mark Hamill was impeccable. No lie, I was on the verge of tears. You have no idea. I have been cosplaying for over seven years and her compliment touched me deeper than anything else anyone has ever said about any of costumes.

Speaking of Star Wars cosplay~
    On Friday, my SW group and I were walking outside to take pictures at the Riverwalk and people passing by in cars would roll down their windows and yell, "MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!" or the names of the characters we were cosplaying. We also got stopped many times during our trip to the Riverwalk by people to take pictures.
    Well. Dang.

SJ6
    Mordecai (Regular Show)

On Saturday night of the con I was heading to the elevators with my group after our Asian Horror movie panel(thanks to staff for being so helpfull and panel attendees for being so patient with us <3 btw). We were cosplaying as Ciel, Sebastian, and Mei Rin and I'm about to enter the elevator when a Claude jumps out, grabs me and drags me away. I totally wasn't expecting it so I just did what Ciel would do and started yelling for Sebastian. My Sebastian of course comes running after and came to my rescue. It was such a hilarious thing to happen, I totally wasn't expecting it. I love it when cosplayers get into character and try their best to interact with other cosplayers from the same series, it makes the cosplay experience so much more fun. =)
    SJ 4.0 Cosplay List
    Death the Kid-Soul Eater
    Applebloom- My Little Pony
    Sam Winchester-Supernatiral
    Ciel Phantomhive-Black Butler/Kuroshitsuji
    Rapunzel-Tangled
    Shion- No.6

Time Lord Notorious KittyAnne7152's Avatar
    Saturday night, if you were at the cosplay contest, you might have seen me and RedeadDie literally sprint off the stage after we got our video game awards. This is what happened to me afterwards:
    I ran two blocks to the Day's Inn, because I was late to the Cosplay Dating Game. As I was running down the street, coat billowing, feeling pretty damn epic, a guy leans out of his window and shouts "Run Harry Potter, run!" I shouted back, in a bit more of an angry voice than I intended, "I'M THE DOCTOR!" Anyways, I finally get to my hotel room, go to look in my wallet... and my key card isn't there. I peer inside my room (there were windows looking into all of the rooms in the Day's Inn), and I can see the freaking thing, right there on the floor. So I end up having to call Blitz to have her come rescue me, tear my costume off, throw it on the floor, pull my jim jams on as quickly as possible, and shove a pop tart in my dressing gown pocket before running two blocks yet again, this time back to the con. Needless to say, I was a little bit winded.
    But I was on time. And that's all that matters. XD

SJ Mach V, tentative ideas.
    Idris, the TARDIS- Doctor Who | Pip Bernadotte- Hellsing Ultimate |The Tenth Doctor- Doctor Who

So. I was the crazy ass who changed cosplays in the middle of the cosplay show xD Flats wouldn't go with Saeko's outfit and my wig cap needed to be adjusted, so I just changed. I was wearing underclothing of course, but that's my stupid thing I did at con. The boots were killing me, and I didn't want to lose my seat in the cosplay show. Changed wig, boots, and clothing in a manner of a few minutes xD I felt sorry for the people next to me, and behind me.

I also fell (But caught myself at the last minute) on the escalators, which makes me hate them more. On Saturday a friend and I went to H-fest, and we had a blast! My mom kept calling me, and I almost lost my I.D! Overall, besides my con drama, I had fun! And yes, I feel stupid for changing during the show >.< Never doing that again.

San Japan 2011: Attending~
    Cosplay
    Saeko- HOTD
    Magnet!Luka- VOCALIOD

I don't know if this is really a con story, but it's clearly related. As most of you know I am the Morale Support Head of the convention. I take food orders from volunteers and staff, retrieve the items, and deliver them. It's not a difficult job just physically trying, but very gratifying.

All Friday long I was playfully jeered and joked on by an older Asian housekeeper that was cleaning rooms. She would say things like, "Your cart banging is waking up everybody!" and what not.

It was roughly Saturday afternoon when I had left my cart up in Con Suite to go take orders. When I arrived in the service room without my cart she said, "Finally! You're getting a break!"

To which I said, "Nah, I just already left my cart here."

And then she yelled at me, "WHY YOU NO TAKE BREAK?! YOU WORK TO HARD!"

And it is certainly a sign when someone who isn't even on convention staff and doesn't know what you're doing is telling you that you need a break. XD
    Michael Hicks
    San Japan Support Director-"Being everywhere and nowhere since '09"

Well, I don't have too many long stories, but I'll post what little happenings amused me.

On the first day, before I had gone to pick m'lady up, I was checking out the dealers' room. It wasn't completely full, but there were crowded clusters. I happened to get stuck in one while looking at a particular vendor's goods. There was this woman stuck right behind me, swinging around what appeared to be a frying pan. Several times she almost hit me in the face with it. I tried to nudge her a few times to stop her, but it accomplished nothing, and she kept making in-jokes or whatever with her friends. I tried to get away, but there wasn't an immediate clearing out of this large mob of people. Then, as I'd hoped wouldn't happen, she hit me with it. Not too hard, but still more than enough to really push my buttons. So I shouted. "Why don't you get your head out of your friends' asses for a moment and put that frying pan down, eh?" Then, to put it simply, they cleared me a path and she stopped being a jackass with her large metal object.

---

On Saturday night, I was out of the Moth panel and the other hosts had left me for their friends. Jess was away for a bit and my phone was dead so I decided to wait in the main lobby area on the first floor so as to be found easily upon her arrival. As I descended to the second floor I noticed a couple waiting next to the escalator down to the first. The guy held a sign saying (ugh) "You just lost the game" and the chick was just standing there I think. I got to *that* escalator and, not keen on simply displaying the obnoxious sign, the woman shouted out "YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!" I didn't react and went down. "Aw, he ignored me," I hear. I was bored and slightly peeved at the time, so rather than continue ignoring her, I quipped back "Because I'm tired of that stupid CRAP!" All I heard after that was "Aw, man."

---

Same night, immediately after the last story. I guess there was a small clique of friends or something who were cosplaying Hetalia. I dunno if I've ever quite posted my opinion on that show in particular, but as the story progresses you'll get a basic idea. So I'm standing there waiting for Jess and this small group's America trots over, puts an arm over my shoulder, and says something like "you look like an American, can I count on you to win this war with me?" ...or something, I didn't really care. I've not cared to watch a whole episode of the show, but I know enough to know how America is characterized, so here's how I respond: "Lemme guess, no matter what I say you're gonna say something stupid or eat a godd*mn cheeseburger or some crap, right? Yeah, and you assume I'll just find that dumb*ss stereotype entertaining? Go bother someone else." I also yanked her arm off me. I think I'd made her speechless because she just kind of turned and slowly walked away. I laughed my ass off.

Past 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Sebastian View Post
    Same night, immediately after the last story. I guess there was a small clique of friends or something who were cosplaying Hetalia. I dunno if I've ever quite posted my opinion on that show in particular, but as the story progresses you'll get a basic idea. So I'm standing there waiting for Jess and this small group's America trots over, puts an arm over my shoulder, and says something like "you look like an American, can I count on you to win this war with me?" ...or something, I didn't really care. I've not cared to watch a whole episode of the show, but I know enough to know how America is characterized, so here's how I respond: "Lemme guess, no matter what I say you're gonna say something stupid or eat a godd*mn cheeseburger or some crap, right? Yeah, and you assume I'll just find that dumb*ss stereotype entertaining? Go bother someone else." I also yanked her arm off me. I think I'd made her speechless because she just kind of turned and slowly walked away. I laughed my ass off.
    Wow, you're kind of a dick aren't you? :/

Quote Originally Posted by permafrost View Post
    Wow, you're kind of a dick aren't you? :/
    That's kind of an odd story to call me out as a dick for. In other news, 'dick' gets past the word filter.

If it's because I laughed, then perhaps I should clarify that I only did so because her reaction caught *me* off guard somewhat. Eh, I suppose you had to see it, but she made a really funny face.

Past 10 Posts
    That's kind of an odd story to call me out as a dick for. In other news, 'dick' gets past the word filter.

If it's because I laughed, then perhaps I should clarify that I only did so because her reaction caught *me* off guard somewhat. Eh, I suppose you had to see it, but she made a really funny face.
    Yeah, she probably should have asked to touch you before she did, but you could have handled that so much better :/ Really. You're just like those stupid Naruto fans who harass Sasuke cosplayers because you don't like the character. The poor girl was trying to interact with you. Her contact and question seemed fairly harmless, and you really overreacted.

You don't need to belittle her like that. The story (or at least how you're telling it) makes you seem like the one in the wrong. And yeah I'm sure her face after you yanked away her arm and cursed her out was really funny. You were mean to her and then you laugh at her hurt face? Dick. Dick dick dick.

Your comparison is wrong. I didn't just 'not like the character.' That crap is just plain offensive to me. I'm not nationalistic, jingoistic, what-have-you, this crap is just rude. And to see so many people buying into this stereotypical caricature puts me in a rage. Of course it seemed harmless to you, because what do you care? You praise Japan above all else including your own country, so of course it doesn't affect you.

Plus, she didn't look hurt at all. She looked surprised. REALLY surprised.

Past 10 Posts
    Your comparison is wrong. I didn't just 'not like the character.' That crap is just plain offensive to me. I'm not nationalistic, jingoistic, what-have-you, this crap is just rude. And to see so many people buying into this stereotypical caricature puts me in a rage. Of course it seemed harmless to you, because what do you care? You praise Japan above all else including your own country, so of course it doesn't affect you.

Plus, she didn't look hurt at all. She looked surprised. REALLY surprised.
    :/ I find most anime to be extremely sexist but I don't snap at every bikini-clad short-skirt wearing cosplayer who says "hi". And you don't know a thing about me. You don't know how I feel about Hetalia. You don't know how I feel about Japan. You're back pedalling because I called you out on your crap.

You are just like the Sasuke cosplay haters, except that you hate everyone from Hetalia. The comparison stands. You were mean to someone (probably much younger than you) who was trying to make a connection. If she had done that to a different person, it might have made their day. But she had the misfortune to ask her question to someone who doesn't know how to properly react.

And I doubt she wasn't hurt.