Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: San Japan 4TW Stories

I was volunteering for Safety this year.

Early Saturday morning:

We are notified of a tea party that is taking place in a elevator and I'm asked to break it up. When I find said party, they're sitting on the floor with a doll house sized China set and a bottle of Coke in a ice bucket. I throw them out of the lift and tell them to take the party to the Gaming room as they have space and tables. (rumor has it they did this a couple more times)

Later on during the day:

I'm in the lift as I got out of my Dante cosplay and went down to the floor to go relax and have a good time. I'm stopped on the 8th floor to see a pick-nick going on. These girls (I believe) were pushing the buttons to call the lift and then would offer food to those who stopped. I got after them to stop or I would go get permission to break up the pick-nick from the Safety desk. Once I do get permission, I go break it up.

I'll post more when I can remember them

I actually had a fantastic time this year. This definitely beat out previous years. My only gripe is that I didn't go in costume as planned. I had a customized BJJ competition gi I am working on to look similar to Gokus, but it wasn't complete, so I only wore that at the rave. I also planned on wearing my Ghostbusters costume, but the proton pack is so dang heavy, I didn't want to lug it around for 12+ hours.

So, to make up for my costume disappointments, I decided on an impromptu magic show at my friends booth. Overall it was a lot of fun, and everyone was really receptive and enjoyed it alot. It gave me a chance to talk to a lot of folks who were waiting in the ungodly long line to the Cosplay show, check out their costumes, and take pictures. I even showed some of the folks who bought stuff from my friend a few effects. There was even one kid who spent his last bit of money on dice, and came back literally 10 minutes later having won cash off of someone and bought a card game off of my friend. Priceless. Of course, I never did come up with a good answer to why I was out there when I had a gold pass...

I only had 1 heckler the whole night. She was friendly enough at first, but I figured out quick she was just trying to impress her friends and dissect methods. Since she had told me she had no money, I pointed out the fine merchandise that they had for sale, which I knew would get rid of her. But she had the last laugh, because when I turned around after motioning to their stuff, she had literally disappeared. Gone in a cloud of smoke, like the Road Runner or a ninja. She had hauled butt all the way down the hall, leaving her friends behind. I think the look of surprise on my face was priceless. Once her group left, we had a good laugh about it. Perhaps it was she who was the magician afterall...
    Last edited by Digital_Assassin; 08-09-2011 at 10:08 PM.

Oh yeah, and the Friday Night Asian Gore Fest. They were showing Ichi the Killer, which broke down into a total MST3K type event. I haven't laughed that much in a long time.

Shogun Candidate #000 YoSoyJaponesa~'s Avatar
    I really hope Proz, Sven, and/or Brad don't think I'm a stalker or anything since I kept running into them during the weekend. (-_-);

When I was at the Saturday rave I found a pair of aviators on the ground and rescued them before they were stepped on!!! I wore them for the rest of the night and felt like a boss xD

The journey song bein sung ... Need I say more?
    crazy things have happened and were still here....
    SJ 7:Cana (Fairytail)= 100%
    Daphne (scooby-doo)= 100%
    Penny(Big Bang Theory)=100%
    Arrietty(Secret Life of Arrietty)=85%
    Katara (Avatar the Last Airbender)= 100%

Shogun Candidate #000 YoSoyJaponesa~'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lattin12 View Post
    The journey song bein sung ... Need I say more?
    YES.

Same thing happened at the snow cone social.

8th Evil Ex-Boyfriend illusion007's Avatar
    I guess one was very early Friday morning when i wasnt able to sleep around 4AM. Pretty much walked around the 3rd floor in my pajamas, and ran into a co-worker that works with hotel security. So we walked around while he was checking each room to make sure it was secured. We talk a bit, and learned about what he did prior to becoming hotel security and that he looked forward to the convention. Then we parted ways and went back to get two more hours of sleep.

It was a nice way to start off the first day ^^
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something" -Winston Churchill
    Morale Support Staff
    PHGirl x 007 = PH7 (God help us)
    http://derrilickt.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/haters-gonna-hate-cat.jpg

I rocked the Aviators Thurs-Sat (switched back to my regular glasses on Sun). They make me look cooler and hide my bloodshot/stressed eyes and they dull all the convention lights and "noise" around me.

-the purring dork
    -Matt "Comter" Zeisler
    Software Director, regIT
    software@reg-it.org

Registration and Pre-Registration
    San Japan Sinister 6
    San Japan Sinister 6 Pre-Registration

While at SJ...

Being that I'd never been to SJ, I forgot there was a Fogo de Chao connected to that hotel. Delicious foods were ate. The end

Regularly Showing Up SonicRenegade84's Avatar
    Well, thanks to my buddy inviting half of the San Japan forum to room with him, I had to room with over 12 different people in one room. During that time, we had horndogs, drug addicts, rave goers, drunktards, elevator troublemakers, a couple of mature people and a police call to our room that was ALMOST made. I am not making this up. We had at least one of every one of those types of people rooming with us. And I would like to say that if this did not happen, San Japan would not be a story that's worth the title of "survived and lived to tell the tale". I would like to thank you SJ for being the con that I realized that 1) you don't let someone else take control of the room arrangements and 2) ALWAYS ask for a background check on people you invite to room with you.

Here's one i remember:

Saturday, after i took a short nap from pulling graveyard at Safety. I get a phone call from the hotel phone and I answer it rather grumpy and to my displeasure I hear "Housekeeping!!!" to which i respond "No! no housekeeping!" Then they respond back with "Housekeeping?" and this goes on for a 5 second loop until they respond with, "No Housekeeping?" then I respond with "Si" and they get excited and respond with, "SI HOUSEKEEPING?!" then I yell into the phone "NO!!!" and they say, "OK no Housekeeping!!" and I hang up!

Sometime passes and they try to get into the room and I just moan loudly that i do not want house keeping and they leave.

more time passes then i wake up to what i think is a hallucination and i shout, "HOLY **** there is a talking shadow in the room!" to which the person responds with, "It's me we worked all night together! i'm in this room at the other room has 9 guys in it!"

yeah Sleep deprived stories are rather interesting

Yuri fest......................
    Those who partook know that this is a story that will forever live but never need to be told.

Also walking on on Yaio fest and making fun of it... That was a good time. (Thanks Sethos).

8th Evil Ex-Boyfriend illusion007's Avatar
    I got threaten with a foam sword.....oh noes what shall i do? /sarcasm

what a jackass
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something" -Winston Churchill
    Morale Support Staff
    PHGirl x 007 = PH7 (God help us)
    http://derrilickt.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/haters-gonna-hate-cat.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by YoSoyJaponesa~ View Post
    I really hope Proz, Sven, and/or Brad don't think I'm a stalker or anything since I kept running into them during the weekend. (-_-);
    Oh, they don't THINK you're a stalker.. they KNOW you're a stalker. ;p
    San Japan Main Gopher and Karaoke Coordinator
    "If something happens, I get blamed."

Check out my Work! Come, buy things!
    --> SelectionsX <--

YES.

Same thing happened at the snow cone social.
    Well we actually had a police officer go up to our group and told us we couldn't sing the song off the balcony, but while the officer yelled at us (mind ya the way the officer treated us was very rude) the rest of the people troughout the con area was singing clearly with all the lyrics and yet they weren't told anything. But it was still a good day. The other Ouran group was across the way from us singing too ... This Journey sing-a-along took place sat durin the con...
    crazy things have happened and were still here....
    SJ 7:Cana (Fairytail)= 100%
    Daphne (scooby-doo)= 100%
    Penny(Big Bang Theory)=100%
    Arrietty(Secret Life of Arrietty)=85%
    Katara (Avatar the Last Airbender)= 100%

This was likely the first time Dave was able to just walk around and check things out rather than work his booty off so it's no wonder you actually ran into him numerous times. Dave and Sven ARE super sexy bald men so I can't fault you for stalking.

I Know Post
    so on saturday night my buddies and i were all ready to go to the con...then predators came on on the tv and as if by magic we all just sank into our chairs and before we noticed the movie and rave were over

Super High School Level: Potato Yulcera's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kite View Post
    so on saturday night my buddies and i were all ready to go to the con...then predators came on on the tv and as if by magic we all just sank into our chairs and before we noticed the movie and rave were over
    HAHA my group was watching that too! I laughed for about a million years when one of the predators did a sideways flip after a explosion XD
    San Japan Sinister Six Cosplay:
    Thursday: John Egbert - Homestuck
    Friday: Kirigiri Kyouko - Dangan Ronpa and Fancy Dreamer!Jane - Homestuck
    Saturday: djinn!Kougyoko Ren - Magi
    Sunday: Aomine Daiki - Kuroko no Basket

Thursday I arrived to get myself a badge and get the layout of the land. IT was nice to run into everyone I could and catch up.

Friday, I arrived late around 7 or 8 after work and having pizza with a friend. Then I rushed around to find what artist friends of mine would like to attend my "Super sketch art fight turbo" panel. Then I attended the video game jeopardy which was tons of fun. Then set up for my panel. I only had a handful of artists but it was ok. We had a fun and involved audience and when the artist had to leave I would pull members of audience to fill their spots. I hadn't planned to host the panel myself, but I alright until one of my other friend could make it back to help me out.

Saturday. This was a goof off day. I mostly went to panels and had fun hanging out with my friends.

Sunday. I had almost arrived late for my "Webcomics: how to" panel. Then I was just browsing the dealers alley just before they closed. I picked up the latest Gold Digger volume. Then I wait for the "Cosplay Drama" panel. A lot of people thought that I would just start trouble in that panel. But I'm glad I went as I finally had the chance to bury the hatchet with Redeadie. (long story). And in the process I was able to help a young girl feel good about herself and get back into cosplay. So, I felt all good and happy since I got to help people and stuff. Then my friends and I went to eat at 5 guys burgers.

SJ was the win. I hope it gets better.