Thread: Cosplaying feedback

Cosplaying feedback

Probably the main thing that comes to my mind for the cosplayers is a lack of a place to go to take a break / get water without going back to the room. And that can take quite awhile with the elevators. Of course many suits are fairly simple and breathable but there's quite a bunch of us with more heavy suits or large masks / heads that restrict airflow. And I don't like to de-head out in public locations for a break.

Having a little room with some chairs and fans would be good. It gets insanely hot. Could also have the room double as a little repair station as well.

This would allow for us to cosplay for longer periods of time.

This is my first anime con and it just struck me as odd, with as many cosplayers as there are, there wasn't really a place for them to get out of character for a break.

Thanks

Actually, a lot of people this year and last year went into the Manga Reading Room to rest. It may not have giant fans, but it did have a good amount of chairs and water right outside the door. Some people this year even hung out there for almost 2 or 3 hours reading.

EDIT: I have no idea if we will have this next year, but in the Reading Room we did have 2 TVs set up with games, in addition to all the books.
    Last edited by ErazDod; 08-09-2011 at 09:39 AM.

Past 10 Posts
    You know what, having a room set aside with an area to rest, relax, cool down, and so on...that wouldn't be a bad idea. Somewhere small but centralized. It wouldn't be an area to spend all day, but having a water station, a lot of room to sit, maybe something on in the background like a TV, to just take a load off. The lack of this existing lead to many people having to sit against walls until security told us to move.

They did have a repair station in the cosplay room.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by thephoenix View Post
    You know what, having a room set aside with an area to rest, relax, cool down, and so on...that wouldn't be a bad idea. Somewhere small but centralized. It wouldn't be an area to spend all day, but having a water station, a lot of room to sit, maybe something on in the background like a TV, to just take a load off. The lack of this existing lead to many people having to sit against walls until security told us to move.
    Mostly we only made people move from crowding areas and Fire Exits. Next year we will have a large area to work with with many places to sit down.

What do you all think of a cosplay repair kit at Safety and other locations throughout the show?

Suggestions?

Commander of the Rabbit Army happygoldfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by docsven View Post
    What do you all think of a cosplay repair kit at Safety and other locations throughout the show?
    Yes please!
    Cosplays in the works:
    That one guy from that show and the character from that movie that came out a few years ago.