Thread: Naked Bacon, Anime Jeopardy, Anime PictureIt!, and Iron Cosplay Feedback

Naked Bacon, Anime Jeopardy, Anime PictureIt!, and Iron Cosplay Feedback

Hiya!

Since it makes it a little easier since they were mostly individual panels, I'll just put them into this happy thread!

So please feel free to post anything you like regarding the following:

Naked Bacon
    Anime Jeopardy Novice
    Anime Jeopardy Expert
    Anime PictureIt!
    Iron Cosplay

Past 10 Posts
    Quick question for you. Where did you get that Jeopardy program? I did the Video Game Jeopardy panel and couldn't find a program that made it look nearly as good as yours.

I didn't go to any of those, but if I may say, the ads taped up for Anime Jeopardy with the Mario coin box on it, isn't that maybe just a bit disingenuous? I mean obviously it must not have done much harm, but still...

Quote Originally Posted by ogmaster View Post
    Quick question for you. Where did you get that Jeopardy program? I did the Video Game Jeopardy panel and couldn't find a program that made it look nearly as good as yours.
    I'll have to ask the gentleman who found it for our games. I'll try and get back to you

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Sebastian View Post
    I didn't go to any of those, but if I may say, the ads taped up for Anime Jeopardy with the Mario coin box on it, isn't that maybe just a bit disingenuous? I mean obviously it must not have done much harm, but still...
    We have always used those flyers at every con we attend to advertise Anime Jeopardy and have never had an issue. I don't understand why you feel it was disingenuous?

Quote Originally Posted by ChibiBritt View Post
    We have always used those flyers at every con we attend to advertise Anime Jeopardy and have never had an issue. I don't understand why you feel it was disingenuous?
    Because of VG Jeopardy. I meant no offense, and I didn't know you used those in years past. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Sebastian View Post
    Because of VG Jeopardy. I meant no offense, and I didn't know you used those in years past. My bad.
    No worries! I wasn't taking offense so much as just wanted to understand where you were coming from.

We had no intention at all to compete or offend anyone from the gaming jeopardy. Since we always have used those (they tend to grab people's attention) it didn't even occur to us people might get confused with the gaming jeopardy going on that weekend.

I wasn't able to attend the Gaming Jeopardy myself as I was running a ton of stuff all weekend, but I do hope everything went well and smoothly for the people running it!

MEK in general is pretty supportive when it comes to panels and events. We started doing cons because there was a major lack of entertainment for patrons at conventions. It's awesome to see new events pop up!

Past 10 Posts
    No worries! I wasn't taking offense so much as just wanted to understand where you were coming from.

We had no intention at all to compete or offend anyone from the gaming jeopardy. Since we always have used those (they tend to grab people's attention) it didn't even occur to us people might get confused with the gaming jeopardy going on that weekend.

I wasn't able to attend the Gaming Jeopardy myself as I was running a ton of stuff all weekend, but I do hope everything went well and smoothly for the people running it!

MEK in general is pretty supportive when it comes to panels and events. We started doing cons because there was a major lack of entertainment for patrons at conventions. It's awesome to see new events pop up!

I ran the Video Game Jeopardy and it seems that it went well. Something I did, to cater to the people that may not be called to compete but know everything, was to have the audience raise their hands to give me the right answer. In turn, they would get a card, and at the end of the game the person with the most cards would win a game. I was incredibly impressed by the audience as I was sure there would be a few questions they wouldn't get.

Quote Originally Posted by ogmaster View Post
    I ran the Video Game Jeopardy and it seems that it went well. Something I did, to cater to the people that may not be called to compete but know everything, was to have the audience raise their hands to give me the right answer. In turn, they would get a card, and at the end of the game the person with the most cards would win a game. I was incredibly impressed by the audience as I was sure there would be a few questions they wouldn't get.
    Awesome! That's a neat idea!

We allow the audience to participate as well. They like to yell answers after the contestants give up. It's all in good fun, and everyone seems to love it.

Also! I found out about your question about the Jeopardy system we use. Jeremy, who hosts the games, said it's a "PowerPoint that uses VB script". Woo computer science!

What do you use currently?
    Last edited by ChibiBritt; 08-10-2011 at 09:24 PM.

Past 10 Posts
    Awesome! That's a neat idea!

We allow the audience to participate as well. They like to yell answers after the contestants give up. It's all in good fun, and everyone seems to love it.

Also! I found out about your question about the Jeopardy system we use. Jeremy, who hosts the games, said it's a "PowerPoint that uses VB script". Woo computer science!

What do you use currently?
    I found a free one that uses flash. It was to setup but didnt have the authenticity that you guys had.

I wrote some Jeopardy! presentation software that either of you are welcome to use next year if you wish (assuming I'm invited back, which I'm pretty sure I will be unless something unforeseen happens).

I'm planning on filming a video of the software in action and throwing it on my Youtube channel in the near future. I'll poke you guys when I do.

On topic, what I saw was pretty fun (Jeopardy!). I'm definitely with the host in that writing 120 questions is a pain you know where. For San Japan I wrote almost twice as many questions between Farkle, Press Your Luck and Joker's Wild, a dozen puzzles for Password, and countless Facebook posts trying to get people to take the Knockout survey.

I love that San Japan lets us all coexist in one happy audience-participation nirvana.

Quote Originally Posted by Greggo View Post
    I wrote some Jeopardy! presentation software that either of you are welcome to use next year if you wish (assuming I'm invited back, which I'm pretty sure I will be unless something unforeseen happens).

I'm planning on filming a video of the software in action and throwing it on my Youtube channel in the near future. I'll poke you guys when I do.

On topic, what I saw was pretty fun (Jeopardy!). I'm definitely with the host in that writing 120 questions is a pain you know where. For San Japan I wrote almost twice as many questions between Farkle, Press Your Luck and Joker's Wild, a dozen puzzles for Password, and countless Facebook posts trying to get people to take the Knockout survey.

I love that San Japan lets us all coexist in one happy audience-participation nirvana.

I can't imagine having to make all the answers and questions up for those games. Luckily we have a decent sized team to do ours. Even then it's a challenge!

I did try to get MEK members from across the U.S. to take your survey! I know I did. Hopefully it helped! Though a lot of my answers were a bit obscure I'm sure XD

I was running around all weekend as per usual, so as far as panels go...I didn't get to see any. I would love to try and check ya'lls game's out next year! It's always fun to see how other groups run things. It's a great way to learn and exchange ideas.

I'm all for co-existing! Our job is to entertain the masses and make people have fun. Rock on game show hosts!