Thread: Purikura Booth

Question Purikura Booth

I don't if this belongs here are not, if not then feel free to move or delete this thread.

purikura2.jpg

Is there any way to get a purikura booth for San Japan? I'm sure plenty of people would like that and its another way to earn money for San Japan. Just an idea that I had, if not then I completely understand.

Quote Originally Posted by YaoixYuri18 View Post
    I don't if this belongs here are not, if not then feel free to move or delete this thread.

purikura2.jpg

Is there any way to get a purikura booth for San Japan? I'm sure plenty of people would like that and its another way to earn money for San Japan. Just an idea that I had, if not then I completely understand.

This is one of those things that it would be great if SJ had one, no idea where to rent one (at a reasonable rate).
    In Charge Of The Chaos

Shogun Candidate #000 YoSoyJaponesa~'s Avatar
    I found a website that sells them.
    But I can't find much on rentals. >>;

Lots of places rent basic photobooths for events (they're really popular for weddings right now), but they will generally cost at least $1,000 for just a few hours and won't have the "cute" factor of being able to edit your stickers. You can also buy these for under 10k, but again, no editing...

A group with some techies/carpenters could consider building a purikura booth relatively cheaply. Decent camera + computer with touch screen for making edits + appropriate printer + software (there are already ipad apps and other stuff out there) + box/mounting hardware/seat/curtains/light = homemade purikura with a fairly close experience. Something that looked good and was portable could also be used to make money at other cons and/or rent out to events.

You could also do an "even-poorer-man's" version with just a laptop/webcam/printer set up on a table in a curtained-off area...

A Purikura booth would be soo amazing!

Ino
    You might want to talk with the owners of "planet zero" in Houston. They're the owners of Anime Matsuri but have their own little arcade, which happens to have a purikura booth. You can try and rent it from them or something

/dreamy sigh

It has been my dream to do purikura. I think I'm the only one of my friends who has not done this. It gets me sad whenever I go over to their houses and see their lovely (and sometimes derpy) purikura adventures hanging on their walls.
    Well. Dang.

SJ6
    Mordecai (Regular Show)

If San Japan had a Purikura booth I would DIE.
    When I went to San Francisco's Japantown- They had a whole shop called "Pika Pika" FULL with purikura booths!!! I took a thousand pictures *_*
    Before you go to sleep, eat a little bit of ice cream so you can have
    sweet dreams

With Purikura being so popular, it would be the greatest thing EVER if San Japan could have at least one... but I think that might be the problem. Having just ONE would probably cause a ridiculous line... there would need to be ink refills, a limit on how many times you can get in line, people would be constantly trying to get in and take pictures... a purikura booth is most definitely the greatest invention everrrr. But a huge convention would probably need more than one to avoid having to post purikura guards everywhere. At least two or three. And at that point, the price to buy one, and the amount of effort taken to move them, set them up, stock them with paper and ink, and line control would probably make it less than profitable. It's a huge investment!

I love those things to death though. <3 *Cuddles purikura pictures*