Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: San Japan 6 / 2013 - Aug. 16th-18th, 2013

San Antonio's Male Stripper ThePlayboyBunny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Puritysan View Post
    It just means you shouldn't leave everything til the last minute next year. lol
    I honestly have no idea how any college student would find this conflicting. College prep:

1. Are you registered for classes?
    2. Do you have supplies?

If you answered yes to both, then you're prepared.
    I'm an advice-giver, listener, and psychiatrist by day
    and a wild, party-starting, life-of-the-party male entertainer by night
    I exist to explain dreams
    And then I aim to fulfill them
    I am here to keep it classy
    And then I am here to party

Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayboyBunny View Post
    I honestly have no idea how any college student would find this conflicting. College prep:

1. Are you registered for classes?
    2. Do you have supplies?

If you answered yes to both, then you're prepared.
    You're forgetting number 3: move-in date, if you're living on campus.
    In Charge Of The Chaos

The Sweet Apple Acre Princess Puritysan's Avatar
    NUMBER 3 IS CRUCIAL. Especially if you're going to college out of state.

Eyyyyyyy Sexy Cosplay~
    Tumblr Fandom Style~
    O-O-O-O-T-P~

The Men Who Stare at Suits theSock.Monkey.Renegade's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Proz View Post
    NUMBER 3 IS CRUCIAL. Especially if you're going to college out of state.
    Which is basically my dilemma for next year.

First day of move in for Vanderbilt next year is going to be the Sunday of San Japan, so essentially, I am going to be leaving from the con to the airport and shipping out to Nashville that night, haha. It's gonna be fun times.

CoRunner of the San Japan Live Action Cosplay Contest and 50% of the Men Who Stare At Suits
    Cosplay SJ7
    Han Solo- Star Wars: A New Hope|Visas Marr- Star Wars KOTOR: II|Tsukimi- Princess Jellyfish|Phoenix Wright- Ace Attorney

I know SJ6 is far away from now, but its always never a bad idea to start planning things out. I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it to SJ6 becasue of several issues going on right now but I know I'll be at A-Kon 2013. But nevertheless, I'm planning some cosplays already.

Possible future cosplays- (Just some I can think of! I will probably have more in the next few months! xD)

Hetalia: Prussia w/ Hungry, America, fem!Denmark, fem!Finland (may wear it again! ), Romania, fem!Canada
    Final Fantasy - Serah w/ Lightning (FFXIII), fem!Cloud (The infamous scene of FFVII), Chocolina (FFXIII-2), Hope (FFXIII), Sephiroth (FFVII)
    Kingdom Hearts - Zexion (May wear it again)
    Black Butler - Sebastian, Ciel, Madam Red
    Random Ideas - Ice Climbers (SSB), Pikachu (Pokemon), Akaito (Vocaloid), Shizou w/ Izaya (Durarara!)

~San Japan 7: Cosplay List for Saturday~
    Finland - (Hetalia)
    Fox!Norway - (Hetalia)
    Sweden - (Hetalia)
    Lolita Mikasa - (Attack on Titan) *Bringing for Back-Up*

All I ask is someone drag me to cosplay show this year, because, it being WCS... ****e should be awesome. I hope. >>

Eyyyyyyy Sexy Cosplay~
    Tumblr Fandom Style~
    O-O-O-O-T-P~

Quote Originally Posted by theSock.Monkey.Renegade View Post

First day of move in for Vanderbilt next year is going to be the Sunday of San Japan, so essentially, I am going to be leaving from the con to the airport and shipping out to Nashville that night, haha. It's gonna be fun times.

That will be redicoulously fun. Are you getting some of your stuff shipped to you, or is there anyway to take it all to the Airport that morning, or something? ;;

Eyyyyyyy Sexy Cosplay~
    Tumblr Fandom Style~
    O-O-O-O-T-P~

That will be redicoulously fun. Are you getting some of your stuff shipped to you, or is there anyway to take it all to the Airport that morning, or something? ;;
    Most of my stuff stays in storage in Nashville during the summer, so clothes are all I really bring with me. I'll just have my mom drop me at the hotel for the weekend with my suitcases and then take a cab to the airport. Either that or have my mom and little brother meet me at the airport to bring my suitcases and take my car back. I might even be driving to Nashville next year, it's up in the air. I'll find a way to work things out though!

CoRunner of the San Japan Live Action Cosplay Contest and 50% of the Men Who Stare At Suits
    Cosplay SJ7
    Han Solo- Star Wars: A New Hope|Visas Marr- Star Wars KOTOR: II|Tsukimi- Princess Jellyfish|Phoenix Wright- Ace Attorney

This idea just came to me for my vinyl exhibit. I did notice the P/A equipment used in the panel rooms, and I was offered use of one, though I declined that since I was using my own equipment.

Buuuuut . . . I think I may consider investing in my own personal P/A unit, since I don't really need one that powerful for my purposes.

What I'm thinking of doing to add onto my exhibit is turn it into a "radio show", as in I could very well be talking between songs, giving factlets and other commentary that I can't fit on the whiteboard, and who knows, other things may happen too.

Not to step on any toes here, but is there any way possible to get a time set aside for volunteers to get autographs... I mean. We do work. So.. some of us might not get the chance to go stand in line.

I mean. You could even apply the same "first 100 people" thing here. But. Still. I was deeply saddened I wasn't able to get Sabat's autograph. Or any. I even arrived half an hour before the half hour we were allowed to start lining up and there was already people there, crowding, so... XD

Eyyyyyyy Sexy Cosplay~
    Tumblr Fandom Style~
    O-O-O-O-T-P~

Quote Originally Posted by malemocynt View Post
    This idea just came to me for my vinyl exhibit. I did notice the P/A equipment used in the panel rooms, and I was offered use of one, though I declined that since I was using my own equipment.

Buuuuut . . . I think I may consider investing in my own personal P/A unit, since I don't really need one that powerful for my purposes.

What I'm thinking of doing to add onto my exhibit is turn it into a "radio show", as in I could very well be talking between songs, giving factlets and other commentary that I can't fit on the whiteboard, and who knows, other things may happen too.
    You could also get 'guest' speakers, and let congoers make shout outs. Plus, it would be awesome for yo to be able to say the name of the song before and after it played. ;D
    San Japan Main Gopher and Karaoke Coordinator
    "If something happens, I get blamed."

Check out my Work! Come, buy things!
    --> SelectionsX <--

Room reservations will go up by no later than Sept. 30th for Grand Hyatt.
    Ah so awesome c: I can't wait to reserve my hotel room! I just bought my Gold Pass today too so I'm so excited!
    San Japan "Sinister Six", I will be: Sailor Jupiter, Scanty, Alois Trancy.

San Antonio's Male Stripper ThePlayboyBunny's Avatar
    I can't speak for UTSA (or any other San Antonio universities with dorms), but at UNT I think the earliest we were permitted to move in was the Wednesday before the week of school, giving us 5 days to move in. What's more, I know that I didn't even arrive until late Saturday night.
    I'm an advice-giver, listener, and psychiatrist by day
    and a wild, party-starting, life-of-the-party male entertainer by night
    I exist to explain dreams
    And then I aim to fulfill them
    I am here to keep it classy
    And then I am here to party

Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayboyBunny View Post
    I can't speak for UTSA (or any other San Antonio universities with dorms), but at UNT I think the earliest we were permitted to move in was the Wednesday before the week of school, giving us 5 days to move in. What's more, I know that I didn't even arrive until late Saturday night.
    Yeah, but when you go to school out of state, that date become a lot more crucial, and you have a lot less wiggle room. Plus, being a music student, all of my auditions for ensembles are during the move in week, so I have to be in and settled as soon as I possibly can.

Basically, there are a lot of different situations, and SJ being so late in August is definitely a problem for some people.

Cosplay SJ7

Basically, there are a lot of different situations, and SJ being so late in August is definitely a problem for some people.
    SJ6 is during Tax Free Weekend next year and since I work in retail there is no way I'm getting off for it. Neither will half of my group that came this year. We were all a bunch of sad pandas when we realized

Professor Farnsworth
    Tony Kakko (Sonata Arctica)
    Slave Leia (Yes, I am a Male. No, I wont shave)
    Kilted Cowboy with the purple kilt
    Squall (i may resurrect him)
    Westernpunk Cowboy
    a desilpunk mobster (zoot suit and fedora)

overflow hotel?

me and my friends adorded staying at the overflow hotel (mariot riverwalk) this year and we were wondering if it would be used again we enjoyed the fact that it wasnt as croweded as the main hotel and was still close.
    will you be doing the same thing at sanjapan 6?
    and if so when can we expect that open?
    sorry if this is a problem i was just wondering?

Night Vale Community Radio Intern Wheels's Avatar

Especially with your phobia of planes! Jeepers-creepers. I'm for starting a collection plate to get you a car before SJ6. Who's with me?

Not to step on any toes here, but is there any way possible to get a time set aside for volunteers to get autographs... I mean. We do work. So.. some of us might not get the chance to go stand in line.

I mean. You could even apply the same "first 100 people" thing here. But. Still. I was deeply saddened I wasn't able to get Sabat's autograph. Or any. I even arrived half an hour before the half hour we were allowed to start lining up and there was already people there, crowding, so... XD
    I like that idea. You guys put in a lot of hard work to help keep San Japan running smoothly! It sounds quite reasonable that you guys should (if it's possible to work that out between staff and guests) get a time allocated for meet and greets.

I hear the theme for next year is villains? Good thing I've been researching for the best possible version of Poison Ivy to cosplay...

Quote Originally Posted by joy1579 View Post
    me and my friends adorded staying at the overflow hotel (mariot riverwalk) this year and we were wondering if it would be used again we enjoyed the fact that it wasnt as croweded as the main hotel and was still close.
    will you be doing the same thing at sanjapan 6?
    and if so when can we expect that open?
    sorry if this is a problem i was just wondering?
    We will be talking with them over the coming months. We'd like to use them again if a deal can be worked out.
    In Charge Of The Chaos

When can we submit for our panels?
    "The real world is for people who can't imagine anything better."