Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The World Ends With You

Descendant of the Rose konoha_jounin's Avatar

The World Ends With You

Yep, Mr. Hanekoma is trying this again...
    "PSYCHEDELIC VIOLENCE, THE CRIME OF VISUAL SHOCK" ~~X-Japan
    http://www.san-japan.org/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=35&dateline=1302702993

The Beat may be onnnnn.

The World Ends With You

It's probably bad that I came up with this kind of late last year. Anyone up for it?

Oh, it had better be!
    http://www.san-japan.org/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=35&dateline=1302702993

I'm already starting on my Koki Kariya cosplay, he's probably going to be my main cosplay this year. So far the only things I'm confused on making are his chain, and wings. Those wings, man...

Outstanding! Have you tried electrical tape over untwisted coat hangers?

One-trick Pony Cosplayer IsaxxSaix's Avatar
    Ahhh I haven't played TWEWY in forever... I wish I could cosplay one of the characters :c

On another note, has anyone seen the Kingdom Hearts 3D trailer? It's friggin' amazing it made me cry. (TWEWY is in there :'D )
    San Japan: Sinister6 Cosplays

Friday&Saturday: Isa - Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
    Saturday: Kaname Yuuko - Tasogare Otome X Amnesia
    Saturday&Sunday: Kyoko Sakura - Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Maybe More

Quote Originally Posted by IsaxxSaix View Post
    Ahhh I haven't played TWEWY in forever... I wish I could cosplay one of the characters :c

On another note, has anyone seen the Kingdom Hearts 3D trailer? It's friggin' amazing it made me cry. (TWEWY is in there :'D )
    OH GOD YES! That game is the reason I'm getting a 3DS. Have you seen the 8min trailer? It shows Joshua, Neku, Beat, Rhyme, and Shiki.

And I didn't consider coat hangers, but that is a thought. What I was originally going to try is mixing white glue and water and using it to starch black yarn into the shape of the wings. From what I've been told it'll solidify permanently, so that I'll be able to have a pretty solid shape once it's starched.

After seeing the KH3D trailer, I am soooo tempted to get Beat out of my boxes. I wanna. D:
    Well. Dang.

SJ6
    Mordecai (Regular Show)

I had no idea Shiki's hair was that long o.o

Mr. Hanekoma ! Beat ! Koki Kariya !
    Aw man-- they're all so great. Really hoping to see you guys there ~

I'm thinking of doing Rhyme on Friday for the second half of the day (since I have no motivation to prance around as Lightning the entire time x'D).
    Seems easy enough too. Planning on dying my hair blonde for the summer aaand I'd been meaning to make her outfit for everyday wear (her shirt and hat at least).

I kinda want to give Sho a try too, but... I'm going to focus on my Skyrim cosplay before I start planning more.

@IsaxxSaix
    Ohmahgahd-- I teared up myself during the trailer. Haha, I'm so excited for it !
    TWEWY and a beautifully rendered Axel makes things all the more awesome. ^.^

@ErazDod
    Oh and that wire hanger technique is a really great great idea ~ A couple years back I made fairy wings for a friend of mine using wire hanger and some mat board and it was pretty simple to do. Just draw out an outline, cut multiples of it, and glue to a wire hanger frame. You might want to double or even triple up on the wire frame though. I ended up having to make another set of wings because they were drooping. The tape idea would probably even work great an a reinforcer. (:
    There's all sorts of ways to do it though. Good luck with it !
    /hope i helped a little
    San Japan 7 Cosplay Line-Up:
    Ultimate Madoka: Puella Magi Madoka Magica | Custom Character: Final Fantasy XIV | Female Type Titan: Attack on Titan | Abel: Starfighter

Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Mr. Hanekoma ! Beat ! Koki Kariya !
    Aw man-- they're all so great. Really hoping to see you guys there ~

I'm thinking of doing Rhyme on Friday for the second half of the day (since I have no motivation to prance around as Lightning the entire time x'D).
    Seems easy enough too. Planning on dying my hair blonde for the summer aaand I'd been meaning to make her outfit for everyday wear (her shirt and hat at least).

I kinda want to give Sho a try too, but... I'm going to focus on my Skyrim cosplay before I start planning more.

@IsaxxSaix
    Ohmahgahd-- I teared up myself during the trailer. Haha, I'm so excited for it !
    TWEWY and a beautifully rendered Axel makes things all the more awesome. ^.^

@ErazDod
    Oh and that wire hanger technique is a really great great idea ~ A couple years back I made fairy wings for a friend of mine using wire hanger and some mat board and it was pretty simple to do. Just draw out an outline, cut multiples of it, and glue to a wire hanger frame. You might want to double or even triple up on the wire frame though. I ended up having to make another set of wings because they were drooping. The tape idea would probably even work great an a reinforcer. (:
    There's all sorts of ways to do it though. Good luck with it !
    /hope i helped a little
    You definitely did, I think I'm probably going to end up doing the wire idea. Thanks =)

RHYYYYYYME! I will save you from the sharkiness! /;A;/
    Well. Dang.

SJ6
    Mordecai (Regular Show)

It wasn't until I started reading through TWEWY stuff on tvtropes that I realized how crazily cool Sho is. All the time, he's acting crazy and planning one or two schemes, everyone knows he's planning something, and he just doesn't care XD

RHYYYYYYME! I will save you from the sharkiness! /;A;/
    Hah, big bro. You worry too much ~

//Ohmahgahd-- a Beat would be too great. * u *
    Really hoping to see you around. That Mordecai cosplay simply can't be missed !

@ErazDod
    Glad I could help ~ I'm so excited to see the finished product.
    Hah and Sho-- he's such a freak. Total BAMF though.
    Math became at least ten yoctograms cooler with him around. Px

/// I found some really cool pink fabric this past weekend so I couldn't resist and bought it.
    So...I'm totally set on cosplaying Rhyme now. /You all encouraged me./ And I'll probably finish this outfit before the Skyrim one. I just don't have the motivation for all that fake metal crafting atm. Sewing's so much easier for me and I'm a total n00b with this crafting thing. ;A;
    Ultimate Madoka: Puella Magi Madoka Magica | Custom Character: Final Fantasy XIV | Female Type Titan: Attack on Titan | Abel: Starfighter

This is coming together rather nicely...

Hah, big bro. You worry too much ~

//Ohmahgahd-- a Beat would be too great. * u *
    Really hoping to see you around. That Mordecai cosplay simply can't be missed !

@ErazDod
    Glad I could help ~ I'm so excited to see the finished product.
    Hah and Sho-- he's such a freak. Total BAMF though.
    Math became at least ten yoctograms cooler with him around. Px

/// I found some really cool pink fabric this past weekend so I couldn't resist and bought it.
    So...I'm totally set on cosplaying Rhyme now. /You all encouraged me./ And I'll probably finish this outfit before the Skyrim one. I just don't have the motivation for all that fake metal crafting atm. Sewing's so much easier for me and I'm a total n00b with this crafting thing. ;A;
    Maybe for SJ6 I can make a Sho cosplay. I would have done him this year but I'm not buff or tan enough XP Kariya's skinniness and paleness is right up my alley =P

@ErazDod
    Haha, I'm in the same boat. xD 'Cept my whiteness kinda refuses to turn a different shade. My Hispanic genes have abandoned me /minus the shortness. (,:
    Ahh, but either way he'd be a blast to try out-- just as all the TWEWY characters are. You should definitely give him a try eventually ~

I plan to try for SJ6, definitely ^^ Hopefully by then I can actually stick to a work out schedule and get more muscle xP Hell, if I was shorter I would just cosplay as Neku, but a tall Neku sort of wouldn't work. Plus, I'm not really in an emo stage anymore =P

I wonder if I can actually find a bean paste lollipop. I'll probably just end up carrying around Dum-Dum lollipops the whole day XD

So how are everyone's costumes coming along?