Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are YOU wearing to the Masquerade?

Cool What are YOU wearing to the Masquerade?

Since the topic came up, and because it will keep the question/answer thread a little less cluttered...

Here is a place to discuss what you'll be wearing to the SJ5 Masquerade!

Discuss you beautiful people you!

Yay! Thank you very much for this! I really wanted to discuss this topic with others! I'm making a cosplay for my friend and I JUST for this Masquerade. I'm also making our masks as well.

Is anyone making an outfit/cosplay/mask for their formal attire at this dance as well?
    San-Japan 7
    Pete - South Park
    Kevin - Welcome to Desert Bluffs
    Miles Edgeworth - Ace Attorney
    Thorin Oakenshielf - The Hobbit

I really wanna wear Princess Euphemia's white dress from one of the Code Geass art covers, but I also don't wanna be strutting around in a big, floofy gown again. Otherwise, I can't decide. Probably some $60 gown off eBay. boo-hoo.
    Cosplays for San Japan Sinister Six:
    Lilypad Princess Tiana- Princess and the Frog
    Twilight Sparkle/Rave Sparkle- My Little Pony
    Breeder- Pokemon

I'm wanting to wear my rapunzel outfit, but I may end up wearing my Austrian dress that I've worn for the past two years now
    crazy things have happened and were still here....
    SJ 7:Cana (Fairytail)= 100%
    Daphne (scooby-doo)= 100%
    Penny(Big Bang Theory)=100%
    Arrietty(Secret Life of Arrietty)=85%
    Katara (Avatar the Last Airbender)= 100%

Fluffy princess dresses! Eeep! May I dance with all of you at the event? I'm doing my best to learn the waltz.

Oh! Could use some suggestions on crafting a mask for a friend. Since Sarah in Labyrinth doesn't have a mask during her dream state in the Maquerade, I'm trying to figure out what kind of mask I should make for her. There are multiple ideas I had, but I could use some narrowing down or other suggestions.

This is the dress/outfit that Sarah wears to give an idea.
    tumblr_ls38tvGGfo1qjbsz5o1_500.jpg

Idea One: The basic mask (covers a section of the forehead, surround the eyes, and high cheekbones) covered with white satin that has white sequins scattered on it. White feathers attached as well with a plum that meets the top edge of the mask and a few stiffer white feathers jut out after it. A few dimond like jewels will gather at the base of the plum. This will be held with a stick.

Idea Two: A smaller mask that only covers around the eyes. Spray painted to the color of her gown with a glaze over it. It will have beads decorating it in strands hear and there on the mask. (The beads and other jewels will be a similar style to what her jewelry and hair pieces are in the photos.) Thin strands on lace will surround the mask in a tasteful manner. This will be a tie on mask that has either lace or satin ribbon to tie it on.

Idea Three: A slightly larger mask than the first or of the same size. Colored all in white glitter. Strands of beads or white gems will be at the top edge of the mask and flow down the side of the mask and dangle down slightly off. Pearls will surround the eyes and flare a bit at the edge of the eye as if it were eyeshadow/eyeliner on the mask. Another stick mask as well.
    San-Japan 7
    Pete - South Park

City on the River which flows through the land of Fire and Ice
    Idea Two: A smaller mask that only covers around the eyes. Spray painted to the color of her gown with a glaze over it. It will have beads decorating it in strands hear and there on the mask. (The beads and other jewels will be a similar style to what her jewelry and hair pieces are in the photos.) Thin strands on lace will surround the mask in a tasteful manner. This will be a tie on mask that has either lace or satin ribbon to tie it on.
    That sounds like the best option overall.

As for myself, I'm dressing up in a black cat mask & a yellow suit.
    Facebook
    Deviantart
    SJ 6 Cosplays: Pimpachu, Grunkle Stan (Gravity Falls), & HitPony!
    Avi by Ubisoft, edited by http://kyo4kusanagi.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d53j3hw

Quote Originally Posted by RedeadDie View Post
    Fluffy princess dresses! Eeep! May I dance with all of you at the event? I'm doing my best to learn the waltz.
    Come to my dance lesson panel I teach the waltz and hopefully this year I'll have more time to teach the moving box in the waltz ^^
    crazy things have happened and were still here....
    SJ 7:Cana (Fairytail)= 100%
    Daphne (scooby-doo)= 100%
    Penny(Big Bang Theory)=100%
    Arrietty(Secret Life of Arrietty)=85%
    Katara (Avatar the Last Airbender)= 100%

Peachy: A lot of pictures I've been finding to give me inspiration have been something similar to it. It's definately most likely the mask, but I'm still caught up with the other ones. Black cat mask? Can you elaborate a bit more on it? I'm interested.

lattin12: I will certainly come as long as I'm not running a panel, changing cosplays, or in some kind of cosplay contest. XD
    San-Japan 7
    Pete - South Park

City on the River which flows through the land of Fire and Ice
    A lot of pictures I've been finding to give me inspiration have been something similar to it. It's definately most likely the mask, but I'm still caught up with the other ones. Black cat mask? Can you elaborate a bit more on it? I'm interested.
    I've faced similar problems myself. So many kinds, so little time.

As for the mask, it's not the Marvel kind, but more like this => cat-black.jpg
    Facebook
    Deviantart
    SJ 6 Cosplays: Pimpachu, Grunkle Stan (Gravity Falls), & HitPony!
    Avi by Ubisoft, edited by http://kyo4kusanagi.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d53j3hw

Quote Originally Posted by lattin12 View Post
    Come to my dance lesson panel I teach the waltz and hopefully this year I'll have more time to teach the moving box in the waltz ^^
    Oh I shall come as well if I go, I don't have any experience in dancing so I'd love to learn the waltz. ^-^

I think I'm gonna go full girly-princess this year and do Anastasia's Grand Duchess gown....I need to wear a tiara in the worst way, you guys...

Fountain of Useless Information EvilPopKorn's Avatar
    Well i Have a beautiful gold/white glittery half-mask that im going to wear. im still debating wether to wear a full-length or a knee-high dress.
    |My Cosplay(s) for SJ 2015:|
    TBD

"Otaku are not driven by energy but by spirit." Genshiken 2

San Antonio's Male Stripper ThePlayboyBunny's Avatar
    I'm not certain if I want to go for "formal clubbing" attire or for "business formal". All I know is, the chances of my wearing my signature fedora and a pink tie are rather high.
    I'm an advice-giver, listener, and psychiatrist by day
    and a wild, party-starting, life-of-the-party male entertainer by night
    I exist to explain dreams
    And then I aim to fulfill them
    I am here to keep it classy
    And then I am here to party

If all you have to do is have your face covered for a mask, I might wear my Slenderman cosplay to the Masquerade. It's already formal since I'd be wearing a suit and nice shoes.

Lets Be Friends Luna-Starbright's Avatar
    Known as Red Fem!Heavy and Red Demoman~

San Japan Mach 5
    -Vinyl Scratch
    -Gala Pinkie Pie
    -Boy Skylark
    -Tavros Nitram

Commander of the Rabbit Army happygoldfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna-Starbright View Post
    You are my hero.
    Cosplays in the works:
    That one guy from that show and the character from that movie that came out a few years ago.

I'm planning to dress as Little Robin Ciel. =)
    SJ 4.0 Cosplay List
    Death the Kid-Soul Eater
    Applebloom- My Little Pony
    Sam Winchester-Supernatiral
    Ciel Phantomhive-Black Butler/Kuroshitsuji
    Rapunzel-Tangled
    Shion- No.6

Steampunk Prince Charlie
    modified top hat or western hat
    western boots

His Little White Kitten DezzyDiamond's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RedeadDie View Post
    Peachy: A lot of pictures I've been finding to give me inspiration have been something similar to it. It's definately most likely the mask, but I'm still caught up with the other ones. Black cat mask? Can you elaborate a bit more on it? I'm interested.

lattin12: I will certainly come as long as I'm not running a panel, changing cosplays, or in some kind of cosplay contest. XD
    Sarah needs a really beautiful mask to go along with the gown. Since Jaretth creates the whole dream (if I remember correctly) I think it needs to be equally as gorgeous and match her character a bit This mask http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&b...r:14,s:0,i:170 fused along with this one http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&s...9,r:0,s:0,i:73 would do it. Its similar to your idea two now that i realize it but those two I think have good combitions of what you can use ^.^
    I will be selling at Mizuumi-con and Guesting

I will be Sebastian from Black Butler. Hopefully my friend will be Ciel.
    Cosplay List:
    Gabriel- Supernatural
    Castiel- Supernatural
    USSR- Hetalia
    Hunter- Left 4 Dead