Thread: HETALIA Fan Panel

HETALIA Fan Panel

What: HETALIA Fan Panel
    Where: Social Room (Conf. Room 17 & 18)
    When: Saturday 5:00pm - 6:00pm
    Who: Periwinkle Sisters
    Why: "Tell your Axis! Tell your Allies! Tell Switzerland! We're coming!"

Curious about what this craze over Hetalia is or just wanna hang out with other fellow Hetalia fans? We shall have a very brief bio over what Hetalia is (about five minutes at most), more quizes and prizes, Q&A, discussion about Hetalia cosplay and fandom, and more! For all ages!

It'll be a bit more open discussion this year than last year, allowing everyone to express their opinion.
    Last edited by RedeadDie; 07-01-2011 at 12:46 PM.
    San-Japan 7
    Pete - South Park
    Kevin - Welcome to Desert Bluffs
    Miles Edgeworth - Ace Attorney
    Thorin Oakenshielf - The Hobbit

What the heck is a Hufflepuff? clarinetmonster's Avatar
    So I was wondering,, do you know if the people running the panel are able to suggest what day of the con they want their panel to be on? What I mean is, like, are you able to ask for the panel to be on Saturday(or any day for that matter), or are all panels placed randomly? I know the con is still a ways away, and I know it says 'TBA' for "when," but I was just wondering in case we're allowed to make suggestions. c:

I've gone to San Japan since its first year, and I've not been able to go to the Hetalia panel for the past two years because they've both been on Sunday. Is there any way we could try to place the panel and/or photoshoot on Saturday? I think that's the day most people attend anyways, right?
    Obviously I have some sort of problem. I see no reason to do anything about it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by clarinetmonster View Post
    So I was wondering,, do you know if the people running the panel are able to suggest what day of the con they want their panel to be on? What I mean is, like, are you able to ask for the panel to be on Saturday(or any day for that matter), or are all panels placed randomly? I know the con is still a ways away, and I know it says 'TBA' for "when," but I was just wondering in case we're allowed to make suggestions. c:

I've gone to San Japan since its first year, and I've not been able to go to the Hetalia panel for the past two years because they've both been on Sunday. Is there any way we could try to place the panel and/or photoshoot on Saturday? I think that's the day most people attend anyways, right?
    We do take requests for what day to put panels when panelist fill out the form. This year the Hetalia panel will be on Sat or Friday.

What the heck is a Hufflepuff? clarinetmonster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    We do take requests for what day to put panels when panelist fill out the form. This year the Hetalia panel will be on Sat or Friday.
    Ohh, okay(: Thank you! I was really hoping to hear that c:
    Obviously I have some sort of problem. I see no reason to do anything about it, though.

I would suggest getting there early before the panel to line up though. Last year, even though it was on Sunday, we had to turn away a few people because the room was full fast.
    San-Japan 7
    Pete - South Park

Alright, we have a larger room than last year for the Hetalia Fan Panel. So hopefully we won't have to turn away people like we did last year.
    San-Japan 7
    Pete - South Park

Hey, I know you already have a Prussia for the World Summit event, but I was wondering if you needed a Prussia for the Fan Panel.

I assisted in the Hetalia 101 panel at Anime Matsuri and will be running the AAN Panel at Oni-con this year.

Oh! And I will definately be at the convention. I bought my badge a few months ago. <3

It's alright, we're good. It's mainly an open mic/discussion panel this time so the Periwinkle Sisters got this under control. Thanks for the offer though.
    San-Japan 7
    Pete - South Park

Baw. D:
    Well, if you ever need an amazing Prussia, let me know. <3 For anything. Photoshoots, panels, etc. As long as I'm at a con, if someone asks me to be Prussia, I'll bring him back from being retired. <3

Haha, we'll keep you in mind if we need some help. Thank you hun.
    San-Japan 7
    Pete - South Park

IS THIS THE REALITY YOU WANTED?! minimoni96's Avatar

Consider me there! <3

i'll be ukraine. ^^
    ~J-chan's Cosplay Plans for San Japan Mach 5~
    Sandplay Singing of the Dragon!Megurine Luka - VOCALOID
    Serah Farron - Final Fantasy XIII
    Aqua - Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
    Ukraine - Axis Powers Hetalia

Forever shall support SerahxSnow, MikuxLen, UkrainexCanada, and LukaxGakupo. <3

Just to note, this Hetalia fan panel will be more open discussion than last year. We'll probably open up with discussion topics about characters or actual history relating to the characters an their actions. Then we'll let anyone speak their opinion about it and such.

Because it is an open discussion panel, please be wary that there are many others wanting to express their opinion. We want you to say what you want to say and we'll even go back and forth with you if you'd like. Just please don't take over five minutes of you just talking and no one else saying anything in return or getting a chance to finish until you've spoke a full five minutes.

We know some topics take maybe a few minutes to start off/explain before anyone can say anything else, but this is Hetalia. It goes kind of quick within the series if you notice. XD

If anyone is confused by this, please let me know now so I may explain it better.
    San-Japan 7
    Pete - South Park

I've decided to have the quiz much how I run the Ace Attorney quiz this year.

There will be a split of four rounds consisting random history and facts about a certain part of the world. Each round will have the following...

-First Round, Mixed European History and Facts
    -Second Round, East Asia History and Facts
    -Third Round, North American History and Facts
    -Fourth Round, Nordic/Scandinavian History and Facts

Each round will have four people each chosen out of the audience. After that round is over we'll choose four new audience members for the next round. The prize for the winner of each round will be something relating to that round and Hetalia(ish) as well.
    San-Japan 7
    Pete - South Park

Professional Zombie Killer SweetlyDemented's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RedeadDie View Post

There will be a split of four rounds consisting random history and facts about a certain part of the world. Each round will have the following...

Each round will have four people each chosen out of the audience. After that round is over we'll choose four new audience members for the next round. The prize for the winner of each round will be something relating to that round and Hetalia(ish) as well.
    DUDE. THAT'S AWESOME.

Gotta go crack that history book open now. CX
    C O S P L A Y _ L I S T _ C O M I N G _ E V E N T U A L L Y

IS THIS THE REALITY YOU WANTED?! minimoni96's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RedeadDie View Post

that's a great idea! 8D
    ~J-chan's Cosplay Plans for San Japan Mach 5~
    Sandplay Singing of the Dragon!Megurine Luka - VOCALOID
    Serah Farron - Final Fantasy XIII
    Aqua - Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
    Ukraine - Axis Powers Hetalia

Forever shall support SerahxSnow, MikuxLen, UkrainexCanada, and LukaxGakupo. <3

Also, each person in the round will have to raise their hand and shout a certain word to buzz in their answer. The words are...

-Pasta
    -Git
    -Aru
    -Tomato

I've already got some of the prizes covered for each round.

The Mixed European History part will have a cute Hetalia Russia button and maybe a large sunflower.

For the East Asia round I have a Hetalia China Button and some Asian snacks.

I don't have anything Hetalia(ish) yet for the other rounds, but I have a special prize to offer with the North America round. We'll show what it is at the end of the North America round. I'll also get a North American Hetalia button or bookmark (America or Canada) for that round.

Of course I'll find a Hetalia item of one of the Nordics as well. (And maybe some Swedish fish.)
    San-Japan 7
    Pete - South Park

We decided to add in one more round! This round is called, "The Super Awesome all about Prussia Round!"

We got an awesome prize for this round as well!

For this round, the answers will be a lot more Hetalia related to Prussia.
    San-Japan 7
    Pete - South Park