Thread: Another Freeform Music Room?

Another Freeform Music Room?

Just wondering if there was gonna be another freeform music room for the musicians at SJ. if so then i'm gonna have to practice my Mad Lute Skillz yo.
    "A bowtie and speedo counts as a two piece" - Patches

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Just wondering if there was gonna be another freeform music room for the musicians at SJ. if so then i'm gonna have to practice my Mad Lute Skillz yo.
    It is very high on the wish list to do something like JamSpace that some east coast cons have but we currently don't have the means to pull it off. The music room last year was just music games but it will be combined with the video game room this year which is massive this year.
    In Charge Of The Chaos

I know this is a major bump, but just wanted to see if this was still a possibility? I love meeting and jamming with other musicians
    San Japan: Mach 5 Featured Panelist
    YouTube | Facebook | Twitter

We wish we could but it is not in the cards this year.
    In Charge Of The Chaos

CudaŽ
    I wish we could too, and while possible, it would require some people to help with loaning out amps and gear and such. Take MAGfest, all their jam space equipment is brought in from volunteers. PAX East, the jam room is ran by the MAG-crew. Even with some borrowed gear, the stage and PA equipment would need to be taken into account.

Two, space...I'm sure there are plenty of other events and activities that will need the space and time so they take priority.

So, unless SJ has people step up, or unless SJ decides to take a bigger focus at music, I doubt we will have a jam space this or next year.( NOTE: I have offered to bring in my gear for jamspace..but...)

Bummer :'( If its an equipment/volunteer issue, I think we could figure it out. But if it's a space issue, then that's understandable. Thanks for the consideration
    San Japan: Mach 5 Featured Panelist
    YouTube | Facebook | Twitter

CudaŽ
    Yeah, bummer for sure. I would love to run the room, but yes, will take some effort and approval. Trust me, I have talked with Proz in person over this recently.

As far as meeting musicians, I've met you once already, but you are welcome to come say hi to my band when we are around.

P.S. but regardless, if you guys do want to see something like this happen again, it would be good to discuss and try to organize ideas at the least.