View Poll Results: Would you attend the panel?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Of course! Kpop fan right here!

18 69.23%
  • ~Eh... Maybe.

6 23.08%
  • Nope. Not interested.

0 0%
  • Urh, what's Kpop?

2 7.69%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kpop Panel

The Kpop Panel

Haven't seen a thread for this yet.
    ):
    So basically I wanted to host a Kpop Panel. I attended last years panel. Loved the prizes and the ones hosting it. If they haven't submitted this, I was thinking of tackling this myself this year.

Kpop or Korean pop is immensely popular in Asia at the moment, as well as having a strong following in the west.

Just a show by comments, is anyone interested and willing to attend this?

I'm imagining: Dancing, discussions, much fangirling (and boying of course!), prizes, videos, new releases, upcoming concerts, and my favorite, Variety Games. c:

Quote Originally Posted by JovahDORK View Post
    Haven't seen a thread for this yet.
    ):
    So basically I wanted to host a Kpop Panel. I attended last years panel. Loved the prizes and the ones hosting it. If they haven't submitted this, I was thinking of tackling this myself this year.

Kpop or Korean pop is immensely popular in Asia at the moment, as well as having a strong following in the west.

Just a show by comments, is anyone interested and willing to attend this?

I'm imagining: Dancing, discussions, much fangirling (and boying of course!), prizes, videos, new releases, upcoming concerts, and my favorite, Variety Games. c:
    If you want one and want to run it, you'll have to submit for the event.
    Which no one has done yet.
    (I see all of the panel submissions along with Jay)
    In Charge Of The Chaos

:o So there's a small chance that I can actually host this? Yus! I'm taking it! :D

...though I'm a bit sad those girls aren't hosting it. ): They were really good.

IS THIS THE REALITY YOU WANTED?! minimoni96's Avatar
    oh man, if someone hosted a k-pop panel at SJ5, i would so be in heaven there. i freaking LOVE k-pop! c:
    ~J-chan's Cosplay Plans for San Japan Mach 5~
    Sandplay Singing of the Dragon!Megurine Luka - VOCALOID
    Serah Farron - Final Fantasy XIII
    Aqua - Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
    Ukraine - Axis Powers Hetalia

Forever shall support SerahxSnow, MikuxLen, UkrainexCanada, and LukaxGakupo. <3

I would be really interested in a K-Pop panel! I couldn't attend the one from last year...but I will go to one this year!

~San Japan 7: Cosplay List for Saturday~
    Finland - (Hetalia)
    Fox!Norway - (Hetalia)
    Sweden - (Hetalia)
    Lolita Mikasa - (Attack on Titan) *Bringing for Back-Up*

:D Really? YUSSSS!
    I'm awaiting to see if its a go or not with the head himself (or Jay!:)
    That way I can start getting in contact with my sponsors about the prizes. ^^

Really? YUSSSS!
    I'm awaiting to see if its a go or not with the head himself (or Jay!
    That way I can start getting in contact with my sponsors about the prizes. ^^
    We have two K-Pop panel submissions now. We'll be contacting everyone in June if they're approved. That'll give you enough time to contact sponsors.
    In Charge Of The Chaos

Ah! Thank you Proz! I'll be contacting them shortly. Happy to know there's two panels submitted for Kpop! ^^
    Is there such a thing as editing our submitted panel? Or I blew that the instant I submitted it...

I'd like to show a bit (both 90's to the Rookie Groups), but not like last years Kpop Panel did. Mostly, what I want this panel to do is play variety show games inspired by shows like Running Man, Oh! My School, Shin PD, etc..

Ah! Thank you Proz! I'll be contacting them shortly. Happy to know there's two panels submitted for Kpop! ^^
    Is there such a thing as editing our submitted panel? Or I blew that the instant I submitted it...
    You e-mail events@san-japan.org about any changes that are needed to be made.
    In Charge Of The Chaos

Again, thanks Proz! ^^

If the people answered for the poll would be so kind as to answer this question it will really help me and my sponsors.

What are some of your favorite Kpop Groups?

That way, if I am able to run this panel, my prizes (while I'll have a good range) will be the main center of interest.

Example:
    To name my top 5; 2PM, MBLAQ, Big Bang, SHINee, Beast.
    You can put more than 5, but we will be looking at the top 5 chosen answers. c:

:D Well welcome to the Kpop fandom! I'm glad you're getting (or attempting) to get into it.
    There's so much things, and...-___- there's really a lot in the Kpop world.
    I spent the last two years trying to catch up, old and new, and yeah... OTL
    Big Bang is amazing! lol, I haven't seen them live up, but eventually. YG bring the Family Concert to the States. ;-;

Beast is incredible! Seobbie (Yoseob) is a sweetheart, and dats that. lol, if you have any time, you should watch some of their shows or shows they've guest stared. Have you heard of Hyunseung's and Hyuna's song? Its new(ish), eh...kinda. It's called Troublemaker. Came out at the end of November. ^^

And then there is the glory of Super Junior. Dear god, that group can't have anything wrong with them. If you have someone that you don't like (wae would you?!, but there are those who do...) then there are others to fill in that spot. I'm still waiting for the tour dates for the SuperShow4. TT_TT

If you want any Kdrama, variety show, Kpop Idol whatever show recommendation, I'm here to help! ^^

lol, Kpop is really easy to get into. SHINee's "Ring Ding Dong" got me interested in it even though I listened to BoA's Every Heart on Inuyasha, Big Bang's Haru Haru, and TVXQ's Tri-angle a few years back when I was into anime. My friend who's been a Cassi for close to 7 years now says I'm extremely caught up for my young 2 years. Heck, she told me I know a bit more then she does and wow. ;-;
    Don't know if that's a good thing or not....

Do you have a particular bias from Big Bang? ^^ Mine is of course, dat handsome man on my profile picture. I can't wait for his new dramas that he's wanting to do. I read he wanted to act in the Korean Version (which is actually a true story based on some past singer) of Skip Beat.
    Siwon and Donghae are amazing in the Taiwanese version (Extravagant Challenge) but dear lord, TOP acting again? OTL

Top 5 groups eh... 2NE1, Big Bang, DBSK, Super Junior, SNSD...that might be it. I would add B2ST, SES, T-Ara, SHINee, IU and a few more after that haha.

c: Love 2NE1! (lol, YG family is just amazing)
    So for sure I'll have some Big Bang and Super Junior prizes. I'll try not to hoard it if I don't get approved. c:<

IS THIS THE REALITY YOU WANTED?! minimoni96's Avatar
    oh man...*strokes chin* if i had to pick a few of my favorites, it'd probably be SHINee, super junior, u-kiss, SNSD, f(x), t-ara, 2NE1, 2AM, and sistar.
    ~J-chan's Cosplay Plans for San Japan Mach 5~
    Sandplay Singing of the Dragon!Megurine Luka - VOCALOID
    Serah Farron - Final Fantasy XIII
    Aqua - Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
    Ukraine - Axis Powers Hetalia

Forever shall support SerahxSnow, MikuxLen, UkrainexCanada, and LukaxGakupo. <3

O.O

I would hit up this panel. It's not kpop that i have gotten into, but also K-dramas.

:D If I also added Kdramas, I think I'd need a few hours. lol, where do you watch your dramas and which are some of your favorite?
    I need more friends who are closer to home that like Kpop and Kdramas. ;=;

sldjfksdfsdf Don't know if any of you heard but its all over Tumblr and Twitter sdlfksjflsjkdf BIG BANG IS HAVING A WORLD TOUR.

Sorry, had to spazz a bit. All of us VIPs were fangirling so hard on Tumblr. c:
    Just wanted to share it if you guys haven't heard. ^^

I read the article that interviewed YG-papa recently, and I'm glad that both Big Bang and YG-papa have come out stronger than ever before. (article here)

@Tampopo: Sadly, I don't think they'll be making a stop at Texas. ;-; If its 25 cities and 16 different countries, I'm betting they are heading straight to NY and LA. ;A; No love for good o'le Texas. I've been noticing that a few people want to start a petition for Texas VIPs (AmericanKpopFans ahem)
    Still won't stop me from attending. Heck, I have both my older sisters ready to get on a plane with me the instant they release their tour dates. Cannot wait for that adventure. c:
    But since that's later this year, I'm setting my sights on the SuperShow4 sometime...hopefully this summer! (SM, when are you going to release American tour dates?) Since I've already seen Beast, I'm sad to say that the Beautiful Show is a concert I can't afford to attend anymore. (Not if I want to comfortably see Big Bang anyway)
    Gah! So many concerts this year. 2012 is turning out to be a tremendously huge year for the Hallyu wave! c:

So I haven't exactly been the best of hosts. ;A;
    But completely agree with everything about Big Bang and the North American tour. YG-papa would be completely foolish to not do one, though maybe that's why he's doing a world tour? To scope out which cities REALLY want Big Bang. ^^ Ahaha, he's good!

On a completely different note, I'm starting to doubt my ability in attending San Japan this year. A few things have come up and it may conflict with the con dates. I may be able to attend one day, though it doesn't look so good.
    -_____-;
    I really want to host this panel, but I don't want to say one thing and do another. ;~;