View Poll Results: Would you attend the panel?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Of course! Kpop fan right here!

18 69.23%
  • ~Eh... Maybe.

6 23.08%
  • Nope. Not interested.

0 0%
  • Urh, what's Kpop?

2 7.69%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Kpop Panel

90's Kpop
    1TYM
    H.O.T.
    Baby Vox
    Click-B
    G.O.D.
    Jinusean

Today Kpop
    Big Bang
    2NE1
    Kara
    Wonder Girls
    Girls Generation
    MBLAQ
    Teen Top
    B.A.P.
    After School

Solo Artists
    Rain (Bi)
    Se7en
    Lexy

I think it would be bad ass if you focused on the 'Hallyu' in Japan right now, that way it also relates to the Japanese music industry. Plus, singing "Genie" in Japanese can be really fun. And "Bad Girl" is hella fun. KANPEKI NA BAD GIRL, YO~ I'm not so much a fan of a lot of the remakes the companies push for, but I guess there is enough material to cover for just the trend in Japan.

Agree with Tampopo. It's a wonderful idea, and I was debating on having a portion talking about how Japan is a major necessity for Kpop bands to grow and where they thrive on the most, but the panel all together will be something else entirely. Think of it like a Kpop Game Show with nothing but games being played and interaction with the audience.

Hey! My friend and I ran the panel last year and just wanted to know if you already submitted the form? If so, then you go! Yeah, you dominate that k-pop panel!! > If not, then we were hoping to run it again (but this time for two hours with more Q&A and prizes, and news). I can tell you off the bat, you're probably not gonna get a sponsor for k-pop stuff until you've spent a lot of money on it and the places you buy from KNOWS you're getting and giving their stuffs so here's a wallet-friendly tip from us... BUDGET!! Oh gawd, we busted our wallets last year buying all those CDs D': ... But yeah, if you're running it then she and I can always run one somewhere else. So kudos and good luck!

P.S.
    PLEASE TALK ABOUT NIPPLES!! (mostly Se7en trolling on twitter with his single nipple photo tweet X3)

Including yours, Bitta, we've gotten 3 panel submissions about K-Pop. There's no guarantee that all of them will be picked.
    In Charge Of The Chaos

He's not a pop singer, but he's my favorite Korean singer. This dude is the real deal! He's covered a few pop songs, but he is a Pure Power metal singer. Sang-geol Lee is the lead voxx for the Korean Power Metal band Time Concerto, and he is absolutely rediculous. Now, relevance to the thread. Please check out his cover of "You" by Kim sang-min, a Kpop singer from about a decade ago.

Vocal cover of "You" by Kim sang-min
    http://soundcloud.com/regain-product...u-kim-sang-min

"Namelss Death" by Time Concerto - PV
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1vLIlw5G0Y

Live Performance of "Nameless Death" by Time Concerto.

I Would Definitely Attend This If It Gets Approved!!!
    (and I have about 6 of my friends coming to SJ5 who are also obsessed with kpop and would come also DDD)

@Bitta - I attended that panel! ^^ It was fun trying to win those nice prizes. That's how I got the idea of hoping to run a variety game panel (plus watching all these variety shows wasn't helping either...or probably helped too much). I know what you mean! Budgeting is a pain, and even though I have two sponsors, I'm not receiving ANY albums or posters. Its more T-shirts, wristbands and bracelets. -____-; Still love them for sponsoring me. I just can't find a store (already tried KpopTown, Music-Plaza, and YesAsia) that is willing to donate even one or two albums. :c I'm guessing I'm going to buy three albums and let the 3 contestants battle it out with their Kpop knowledge. ~Again, that's IF this panel gets selected. If it doesn't, I save a good portion of my money, ^^
    PS: Se7en is a major troll, as well as Eli(UKISS) and Jonghyun (SHINee) when they are all on Twitter. lol, talking about them alone would bump this to a 2hour panel.

@MayuAyame - GURL! Tell your friends to bring all their friends who like Kpop. Even if mine doesn't get approved, we can go to one of the others who hopefully gets approved, or even if NONE of these get approved we can just set up a time where all us Kpop fans can meet up and exchange numbers and tumblrs. lol, this is basically what I did at the Kpop Masters concert. EXCHANGING OF THE TUMBLR URLS. OTL

So just read the message that this panel is a go. ;A; what did I sign up for OTL
    So I'll try my damn hardest to make this enjoyable and a crowd-pleaser. When more information is given out, I hope to set up a quick run-down of what I plan to do. c: Please bring many of your friends, even those who don't even know that Kpop exists! My sponsors want a jam-packed room. pfff.... ;~;
    Last edited by JovahDORK; 06-22-2012 at 11:02 PM.

Hey guys!
    So I've been busy preparing for the panel (well, looking up variety shows...heh) and today one of our sponsors gifts just came in. These prizes are amazing, and I'm stocked to give them away. ^^
    Lately, Ebay and Amazon have been my best-friend. I'm finding some great deals, but just a show of hands again, does anyone particularly love SM Entertainment? I've met a great dealer who supplies SM albums and posters.
    Do I have any Exo, Super Junior, Girls Generation or SHINee fans?

I love SNSD, but I'm not for sure if I'll be able to make the panel.

Just one thing I have to say about this panel and I'll probably get shot for it.

Wow
    San-Japan 7
    Pete - South Park
    Kevin - Welcome to Desert Bluffs
    Miles Edgeworth - Ace Attorney
    Thorin Oakenshielf - The Hobbit

It's okay that you can't make it, just happy you were interested in trying. Thanks Malakies. ^^

...so is that wow a good wow or...

Actually where did everyone go? Having input on some of the prizes would be really great, but I guess everyone is letting me decide? -pokes dead thread-

I was hoping someone would post "Fantastic Baby" after my comment. Sorry, Big Bang fan and this panel sounds awesome.
    San-Japan 7
    Pete - South Park
    Kevin - Welcome to Desert Bluffs
    Miles Edgeworth - Ace Attorney
    Thorin Oakenshielf - The Hobbit

Quote Originally Posted by JovahDORK View Post
    Hey guys!
    So I've been busy preparing for the panel (well, looking up variety shows...heh) and today one of our sponsors gifts just came in. These prizes are amazing, and I'm stocked to give them away. ^^
    Lately, Ebay and Amazon have been my best-friend. I'm finding some great deals, but just a show of hands again, does anyone particularly love SM Entertainment? I've met a great dealer who supplies SM albums and posters.
    Do I have any Exo, Super Junior, Girls Generation or SHINee fans?
    Ooo over here...I'm a fan of EXO, Super Junior, GG, and Shinee. A close friend of mine loves Girls Generation, it would be nice if I could win a poster or cd for her since she bought me a bunch of Kpop merchandise for my birthday. I do like SM Entertainment, but I am more into YG like 2NE1 and Big Bang. The over all choice is up to you.
    Last edited by YaoixYuri18; 07-15-2012 at 08:40 AM. Reason: adding more info

love meeting new people :) Isa-chan's Avatar
    I want to go to the panel!!! I love k-pop

@RedeadDie : ^^; sorry. I was thinking that in my head, but I thought you were going with a different "wow". Glad I'm not the only that busts out in Fantastic Baby/Kpop lyrics. If you say that at the panel, I'll be sure to respond back with the proper phrase. c:<

@YaoixYuri18: Oh god. Thank you for replying back. I thought I was wasting my money on albums people didn't want. ;~; That would majorly blow. YG merchandise is a bit more expensive, but I'll see if someone is kind enough to supply me with some merchandise. I was hoping to at least buy one Big Bang Alive Album. I'm still debating on whether to get the repackaged or not. Whichever I find first. Good news is that I did get some SNSD. Still can't seem to find cheap posters (those suckers range from $7+, when I could just buy an album) Well see what I can acquire before San Japan comes around.

@Isa-chan: /smiles widely/ YES! Hopefully you're bringing a couple of friends along, eh eh? /nudge/

So I've checked the beta-schedule and my panel looks to be staying on Sunday from 10:30am-12:00pm(if I read that correctly)
    Now if only my boss would let me get out of work early that Sunday, or else I might have to ask Proz or Jay to push it back. :/
    So far, she doesn't seem to be budging a bit, but we'll see.
    Last edited by JovahDORK; 07-18-2012 at 01:08 AM.

Jovah, I think you're AM on Sunday. I see something before mine though, which is at night on Saturday, "K-Popē", is that you or someone else? I may be able to make your panel after all!

The K-Popē is definitely not me. I saw the one on Friday "Kpop 101" and that one that you mentioned, but mine's on Sunday.
    So...wait...there's a Kpop panel each day? H O L Y B A L L S (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

Okay! It's official guys.
    The Kpop Variety Panel will be on Sunday from 10:30am-12:00pm in Social Room A.

Now I've been wrapping things up on my end (acquiring prizes, touch ups on the games, final thank you message to sponsors, etc) and so far I think everything is looking pretty great.
    What I have realized (a bit late, my bad) is that I need people to sign up beforehand.

I will need at least two groups of 5 people. Let me go ahead and say this now, audience members will also be participating. But for sure, two groups of 5 are needed in advance.

INTERESTED IN KPOP/KDRAMAS? WANNA WIN THOSE ALBUMS, TITANIUM KPOP GROUP BRACELETS, POSTERS, etc?
    Please form a group of 5. Just add your name to the list.

Group A:

Group B:

Rules and more information will be revealed in a few days.

So brush up on your Kpop and Kdrama trivia!