Thread: Single Otakus

Hybrid View

Single Otakus

It's pretty much self-explanatory

if you're a single otaku, then let it be known here
    who knows, maybe you can meet someone through here
    I hope I can at least

Am I the only one?

I guess I am the only one here Well that is sad and doesn't make me feel any better

Quote Originally Posted by Tampopo View Post
    Keep in mind that this is a generally slow forum.
    True, but it really picks up about 6 weeks prior and 1 week post con.
    In Charge Of The Chaos

I'm just trying to find someone, anyone....that would be interested in me and is single

CudaŽ
    Ah, well being sinlge isn't so bad. Besides this isn't exactly the best place to try to meet people. Most are taken, uninterested or not worhth it.

Just talk to new people IRL, may not always go smooth, but as I like to say, better to try and fail than fail to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Totakeke View Post
    Besides this isn't exactly the best place to try to meet people. Most are taken, uninterested or not worth it.
    just dont give up IRL stay away from the net in regards of relationships its just a time sink with no go, i know from experience..... sadly lol

What he said.

In all honesty I ENJOY being single. Nothing against you kids with your relationships, engagements, and marriages, but I don't have the time resources, or attention span to hold on to anything steady! Maybe I just haven't found the right one but I just don't feel like being judged, metered, and eventually rejected by someone who in the end is just settling for me because they think they can't find any better, or because they think they can change me like some kind of show chimp that they can flaunt in front of their friends.

Don't g me wrong good relationships, when they happen, they're alright. But they're few and far between which only leaves BAD relationships, and they're nothing but slavery. SLAVERY.

Stay free! Stay single! My name is Master Hicks and I approve of this message!
    Michael Hicks
    San Japan Support Director-"Being everywhere and nowhere since '09"

CudaŽ
    Hicks is wise and full of wisdoms.

No one is interested in me IRL is the problem.....not one person from college, or my workplace, or even at places like the mall or whatever seem remotely interested in a nerd like me....I'm convinced there is not one person is San Antonio who'd ever be caught dating me even just once

CudaŽ
    San Antonio just sucks for the single scene. Again, you have to make an effort IRL, not just count yourself out, nobody is going to be all love at first sight anyway, you have to get out, spend some time, do some activities.

I don't know how else to make an effort aside from walking around in public wearing a sign asking to go out with me

as far as the single scene goes yeah it sucks. but i'm a bouncer at a bar and i can tell you how easy it is to hook up with random strangers. start off with one night stands. it's a go getter world we live in. SO GO GETHER
    "A bowtie and speedo counts as a two piece" - Patches

Being single is fun and all. You can get away with flirting with mulitple people, but sometimes you miss that social companionship you get from dating.

Truthfully, I just want a girl that'll be happy to do duet cosplays with me for a long while and not so girly girl. Then on the other hand, being single is so less stressful and easy on your wallet.

Personally, the best relationships (dating or friendship wise) for myself have been by putting myself forward and meeting others at conventions.
    San-Japan 7
    Pete - South Park
    Kevin - Welcome to Desert Bluffs
    Miles Edgeworth - Ace Attorney
    Thorin Oakenshielf - The Hobbit

Quote Originally Posted by redeaddie View Post
    then on the other hand, being single is so less stressful and easy on your wallet.
    this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    "A bowtie and speedo counts as a two piece" - Patches

Haha! Yeah, after a half a year of the single life, it's soooo much better imo.
    San-Japan 7
    Pete - South Park
    Kevin - Welcome to Desert Bluffs
    Miles Edgeworth - Ace Attorney
    Thorin Oakenshielf - The Hobbit

I've never enjoyed being single because it makes me feel like I am alone and unattractive or unappealing....patches I don't like going to bars because I don't drink much at all and I'm not looking for a drunken hookup

Then try online dating....you're pretty much already doing it here.... OkCupid, for example. When I was a singleton, it was a good repository of potential partners. It helps match you up with people and you can browse about.

Personally, stop being all "nobody likes me wahwahwah" Confidence (not to be confused with arrogance) is attractive; desperation is not. If you don't like you, then why should I? Find clubs and hobby groups of people who are like-minded ( like here) and hang out with them. I can't tell if you're still in school or not, but university clubs are almost always seeking new membership. You do actually have to try to be personable, but "in person" is kind of key.

Quote Originally Posted by SquidgyGal View Post
    Then try online dating....you're pretty much already doing it here.... OkCupid, for example. When I was a singleton, it was a good repository of potential partners. It helps match you up with people and you can browse about.

Personally, stop being all "nobody likes me wahwahwah" Confidence (not to be confused with arrogance) is attractive; desperation is not. If you don't like you, then why should I? Find clubs and hobby groups of people who are like-minded ( like here) and hang out with them. I can't tell if you're still in school or not, but university clubs are almost always seeking new membership. You do actually have to try to be personable, but "in person" is kind of key.
    I actually have been trying various dating sites for years now, OkCupid included, and from what I have witnessed, most of them are filled with either fake profiles or people who were single but now aren't....and in the case of OkCupid I am apparently more of a friend or enemy than an actual match to anyone in or around San Antonio.
    I am in college still but I took this year off to work more & earn more money but unfortunately the colleges I went to didn't offer any clubs for anime or video games.

I am single but let me put this out there.

1. Confidence is an amazing thing.
    2. Be yourself. There is someone who loves you for all you are and all what you aren't.
    3. Don't be afraid to fail. There are going to be people out there who will flat out reject you, brush it off and don't worry about it. (trust me I know part, first hand)
    4. Stop being complaining about the fact you can't get someone. No one is going to walk up to you and say I will stop all your complaining.

Sorry if that offended you.