Thread: To Be Honest

To Be Honest

Pretty much the title says it all, except with a slight twist

I wanna know what everyone on these forums think about me, to be honest
    I don't care how brutally honest you are, the more the better

So have at it and tell me what you truthfully think of me, it may help me

CudaŽ

Seriously.

Nobody on here dislikes you, but you have not allowed yourself to be accepted. You really have to make an effort, not cry and ask for a pity party.

achieving awesomeness since day 1 alycan16's Avatar
    I know i shouldnt give you the satisfaction for receiving my attention but the whining seriously needs to stop. I agree with cuda, showcasing yourself as a depressed lonely guy who is desperate for a gf is very attention whore-ish. Even if you have problems, guess what? everyone has problems, just dont let them absorb you completely. I know quite a few ppl who are bipolar and they do not let it get to them. They get professional help from a psychiatrist, so if thats what it takes, do it! So to be honest GET OVER IT and move on because no girl wants to be with a guy who doesnt love himself and is desperate for attention. Because to be honest, this is supposed to be fun forum and most of the ppl on here are going to keep ignoring you if you dont change.

Arriety - 100% done
    Parasoul from Skullgirls- 100% done
    Usagi Tsukino- 100% done
    Princess Peach Masquerade 90% done

Quote Originally Posted by alycan16 View Post
    I know i shouldnt give you the satisfaction for receiving my attention but the whining seriously needs to stop. I agree with cuda, showcasing yourself as a depressed lonely guy who is desperate for a gf is very attention whore-ish. Even if you have problems, guess what? everyone has problems, just dont let them absorb you completely. I know quite a few ppl who are bipolar and they do not let it get to them. They get professional help from a psychiatrist, so if thats what it takes, do it! So to be honest GET OVER IT and move on because no girl wants to be with a guy who doesnt love himself and is desperate for attention. Because to be honest, this is supposed to be fun forum and most of the ppl on here are going to keep ignoring you if you dont change.
    BAM! Machinehead! just chill already.

Well, since you asked and this hasn't closed down I will drop some on you, but of course o.ly because you asked. You remind me of me when I was a kid.

When I was young things happened and I was alone, without guidance, and feeling unloved. Whenever I spoke to someone I always talked about my dead girlfriend or how no one liked me or that I always went home alone because I had no friends.

And you know what? Nobody cared. But I didn't understand that, I thought maybe eventually someone would feel sorry for me and my sob stories. Next thing I knew I was out of high school with a realization that I was living six years in the past. And that's when I learned something important about the world. Fear, Respect, and Pity; you can only have one and pity runs out quicker than fear.

People generally only care about other people when they have an emotional investment in them. If you tell people off the bat about about how you get depressed and how you're alone all the time all they can say is "Oh, I am sorry to hear that." It's all they can do, they don't know you well enough to want to do more man, especially here because this is the internet.

If it's any consolation, I have nothing against you, but understand that I feel pity is about as useful as a wooden nickel in a brushfire. Don't make these people feel sorry for you.
    Michael Hicks
    San Japan Support Director-"Being everywhere and nowhere since '09"

Quote Originally Posted by ChrHolm View Post
    BAM! Machinehead! just chill already.
    She is only stating the truth plus this guy is asking for it and says he doesn't care how brutal so don't snap at aly that way.
    PyramidHeadGirl+Illusion007=PH7 (Haters Gonna Hate)

Quote Originally Posted by pyramidheadgirl View Post
    She is only stating the truth plus this guy is asking for it and says he doesn't care how brutal so don't snap at aly that way.
    I think he was complementing Miss Aly. Followed by giving the guy some Holm-style advice.

I am pretty sure "BAM! MACHINEHEAD!" is a cooler way of saying "THIS^^^"
    Michael Hicks

In all honesty you make me angry.. If only because i'm afraid your gonna bring harm to yourself by staying on a self-fullfilling-destructive-prophacy-path. I just want to take you bungie jumping. Nothing gives you an appreciation of life like a brush with death.
    "A bowtie and speedo counts as a two piece" - Patches

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    In all honesty you make me angry.. If only because i'm afraid your gonna bring harm to yourself by staying on a self-fullfilling-destructive-prophacy-path. I just want to take you bungie jumping. Nothing gives you an appreciation of life like a brush with death.
    Yep exactly. Not until ppl like this get punished with a life threatening disease (and dnt try to say OH I HAVE A LIFE THREATENING DISEASE) like cancer, aids, or something that is terminal then theyd appreciate the life they had. But really everyone, y'all shouldnt even wast your time telling this dude anything, this is all he wants. He just wants any type of attention he can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Nothing gives you an appreciation of life like a brush with death.
    You know, now that you mention it that may have opened my eyes too. Granted I was weak-willed and I thought it was what was necessary... but when. I survived my close encounter... I was surprisingly a better person for it.
    Michael Hicks

feel free to use that quote. it's a patches original.
    "A bowtie and speedo counts as a two piece" - Patches

I've had my brushes with death already, what with the two times I ended up hospitalized for my suicide attempts, and two separate times having a gun pointed at my head. And contrary to popular belief of what most people say, I am not just trying to seek attention for the sake of getting attention, rather I am seeking attention for trying to get help & seeing if anyone would actually have my back and try to support me & get me through things.

I'm going to be watching this thread as its get a bit heated. OP did ask for brutal honesty and has been getting it. I would give my opinion but I need to stay impartial. I told him in private how I can relate but walking around the forum with a Scarlet Letter doesn't help IRL or online.
    In Charge Of The Chaos

i rather not criticize someone i do not know in person and will give advice instead

Keep posting on topics you like, and keep with your interest without wondering what people think.
    eventually like minded persons will find you or you will run into them.
    IMO you are still a stranger to this forum, i been in the forum since the beginning since i am part of con staff and outside of staff i only know about 4 non staff people FROM THIS FORUM. that should give you an idea on just long it will take to get to know people. well cept for Reperbone he was pretty cool to get to know quick, ask him how he did it.

CudaŽ
    Yeah, see, it's not easy to make friends here,not impossible either, but you do have to make an effort. You have to post a bit, don't think anything will happen instantly. Heck, I've been around here since the begining more or less, and some people still get weird around me, some people really dislike me even after I've done everything to be nice to them. Just how the whip cracks dude.

And if you have problems, seek help. Nobody is going to put you down for that. My mom is bipolar. I know it can be rough, and even with meds it isn't always going to make things better. Everyone needs some support. I myself lack that support, instead I'm always having to be the support. Sure I may ***** sometimes, had hard times myself, but all in all you have to do what you can to make yourself happy. You can't rely on strangers for that.

Simply put, We are not psychiatrist or rehab ppl that can help you with your so-called "problems" so stop asking us for your help especially since you have already said that you are helpless. You have already marked yourself as a lost cause so DEAL WITH IT!

Ok, to clear something up that seems to be misunderstood, contrary to what you think, I actually am seeking help and have been for the past 11 years of my life, I've seen multiple psychiatrists & still see one, I've been through dozens of different medications of varying dosages, I've even been in a psychiatric ward before. It's not that I am not seeking any help at all, rather it's that it doesn't appear that any treatments have shown any signs of significant improvement and because of that it's obviously taken it's toll on my psyche and emotions. Believe me I am not just doing this to be an attention-seeker, I am like this because over the years I've been broken down by everything and now I am, for lack of a better term, hanging on by a thread.
    This is why I am on the forums and even wanting to go to conventions, to find people who share the same interests as me in the hopes of meeting & hanging out with them and hopefully that having a positive effect on me

Oh and getting a gf is gonna magically make all those Un-curable problems go away just like that -__-

8th Evil Ex-Boyfriend illusion007's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pyramidheadgirl View Post
    Oh and getting a gf is gonna magically make all those Un-curable problems go away just like that -__-
    ^
    THIS so much
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something" -Winston Churchill
    Morale Support Staff
    PHGirl x 007 = PH7 (God help us)
    http://derrilickt.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/haters-gonna-hate-cat.jpg

In my opinion, you need to figure out how to make yourself happy before you even start looking for a girlfriend. Because once you have a partner, you have to start focusing on making them happy, and worrying about what happens to them and how your actions affect them. This also goes hand in hand with 'if you love yourself, people will start to love you.'