Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: San Japan 4TW Cosplay Rules

Captain of Naked Booty Pirate Crew gloommix's Avatar
    Okay checking before this ends horribly, if wedon't sign up online before the cosplay, we can go in on Saturday with our cosplay ready and sign up there? right?

Quote Originally Posted by gloommix View Post
    Okay checking before this ends horribly, if wedon't sign up online before the cosplay, we can go in on Saturday with our cosplay ready and sign up there? right?
    Yes. You're not required to signup online, it is just a process to make it easier.
    In Charge Of The Chaos

Ok so i've e-mailed about this already and I haven't gotten a reply in about two weeks now....I was wondering how large is the stage going to be and are the band equipment going to be there again? Plz and thx~

Quick question, is pre-judging done at the cosplay contest prep or is it done when you sign up? The info page has me a little confused.
    sj 4tw cosplay list:

friday; love is war miku, cendrillon miku (masquerade)

saturday; dave, estonia (panel ONLY), cendrillon miku (contest)

sunday; shuu, guiliastes

Quote Originally Posted by AnastasiaVon View Post
    Ok so i've e-mailed about this already and I haven't gotten a reply in about two weeks now....I was wondering how large is the stage going to be and are the band equipment going to be there again? Plz and thx~
    I really wish I had an answer for this, but I honestly don't know. I understand that the stage will be the same one from last year, but I also know that even if the band equipment is on stage, we are not cleared to move it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shardae View Post
    Quick question, is pre-judging done at the cosplay contest prep or is it done when you sign up? The info page has me a little confused.
    Craftsmanship pre-judging can be done either/or. You don't HAVE to be prejudged at sign-up, but it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by thegearproject View Post
    Craftsmanship pre-judging can be done either/or. You don't HAVE to be prejudged at sign-up, but it helps.
    Oh thank god. Thanks for answering!
    sj 4tw cosplay list:

sunday; shuu, guiliastes

Quote Originally Posted by AnastasiaVon View Post
    40' width, 18' length. No, the band equipment will not be there since we don't have any bands on Saturday this year.
    In Charge Of The Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by Tampopo View Post
    What kind of costumes would be considered too revealing for the contest?
    We decide these things on a case by case basis. You'll need to give us a specific example to get a yes or no.

Quote Originally Posted by Tampopo View Post
    Would this be too revealing?
    That would be perfectly fine.

The 3rd music room at the end of the hallway.
    I can't find a picture of my character I'm going as in the school uniform she wears later in the series, which I'm wearing. Am I required to put a picture Am I required to put a picture into the place where it says to put one?
    Cosplays I'm doing:
    Riza Hawkeye
    Matryoshka Miku
    Germany/Ludwig
    Genderbent Judai/Jaden
    Steampunk costume

Quote Originally Posted by Sure2herword View Post
    I can't find a picture of my character I'm going as in the school uniform she wears later in the series, which I'm wearing. Am I required to put a picture Am I required to put a picture into the place where it says to put one?
    You're not required, no, it just helps in craftsmanship judging.

The 3rd music room at the end of the hallway.
    Cool! Thanks for your help.
    Cosplays I'm doing:
    Riza Hawkeye
    Matryoshka Miku
    Germany/Ludwig
    Genderbent Judai/Jaden
    Steampunk costume

Time Lord Notorious KittyAnne7152's Avatar
    So Gear Project, just want to give you a heads up, I submitted two entries.
    Now obviously I don't plan on competing with both, that's against the rules, and a little bit impossible (XD), but I had submitted the first months ago when I thought I was competing with a certain costume, and I have since scrapped that costume and am competing with the newer entry (the Tenth Doctor). Will that be sorted out when I check in at the cosplay desk? Should I just tell whoever is there when I check in to disregard the other entry?
    Ha, I guess deciding to be prepared and sign up so far in advance backfired on me...
    EDIT: Yet another problem actually, I just listened to my audio clip, and apparently when I converted it from mpeg4 to mp3 format, it made the audio play back twice as slow. o-O
    I should have checked it before hand I guess, but how should I proceed from here? Should I bring the correct clip with me on a flash drive, is there a specific email address where I should send it? Thank you very much, and sorry for being such a hassel. XD
    Last edited by KittyAnne7152; 07-26-2011 at 01:50 PM.

SJ Mach V, tentative ideas.
    Idris, the TARDIS- Doctor Who | Pip Bernadotte- Hellsing Ultimate |The Tenth Doctor- Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by KittyAnne7152 View Post
    So Gear Project, just want to give you a heads up, I submitted two entries.
    Now obviously I don't plan on competing with both, that's against the rules, and a little bit impossible (XD), but I had submitted the first months ago when I thought I was competing with a certain costume, and I have since scrapped that costume and am competing with the newer entry (the Tenth Doctor). Will that be sorted out when I check in at the cosplay desk? Should I just tell whoever is there when I check in to disregard the other entry?
    Ha, I guess deciding to be prepared and sign up so far in advance backfired on me...

EDIT: Yet another problem actually, I just listened to my audio clip, and apparently when I converted it from mpeg4 to mp3 format, it made the audio play back twice as slow. o-O
    I should have checked it before hand I guess, but how should I proceed from here? Should I bring the correct clip with me on a flash drive, is there a specific email address where I should send it? Thank you very much, and sorry for being such a hassel. XD
    Just go ahead and e-mail us the correct audio. Shouldn't be a problem. We've already taken care of your first entry as of this comment, too.

Time Lord Notorious KittyAnne7152's Avatar
    Just go ahead and e-mail us the correct audio. Shouldn't be a problem. We've already taken care of your first entry as of this comment, too.
    All right, cool, thank you ever so much!

SJ Mach V, tentative ideas.
    Idris, the TARDIS- Doctor Who | Pip Bernadotte- Hellsing Ultimate |The Tenth Doctor- Doctor Who

Hopefully this is the right place to ask this?
    How much leeway is given for the line-up thing at 5? I'm participating in the Hetalia World Summit, and I'm really worried that one hour is not enough time to completely switch costumes, as well as get my group in their costumes and on the same page. I've spoken to RDD about leaving the panel a little early, but if it ends up being impossible, will I have a little leeway, or does everybody have to be there at 5 o'clock, no exceptions?
    sj 4tw cosplay list:

sunday; shuu, guiliastes

Hopefully this is the right place to ask this?
    How much leeway is given for the line-up thing at 5? I'm participating in the Hetalia World Summit, and I'm really worried that one hour is not enough time to completely switch costumes, as well as get my group in their costumes and on the same page. I've spoken to RDD about leaving the panel a little early, but if it ends up being impossible, will I have a little leeway, or does everybody have to be there at 5 o'clock, no exceptions?
    As said in another thread, so long as we are made aware of your situation well enough in advance, you will not be cut for being late to rehearsal. We will expect you to be punctual as possible, but we only cut no-shows who haven't given us prior explanation for an absence.

As said in another thread, so long as we are made aware of your situation well enough in advance, you will not be cut for being late to rehearsal. We will expect you to be punctual as possible, but we only cut no-shows who haven't given us prior explanation for an absence.
    Alright, so who do I need to talk to about it, and when? When I confirm my entry, or do I need to message someone here?
    sj 4tw cosplay list:

sunday; shuu, guiliastes

Alright, so who do I need to talk to about it, and when? When I confirm my entry, or do I need to message someone here?
    When you confirm your entry. Either give it to me, Alex, or Emma depending on who is working at the moment.

SJ Class pet at your service! >:D Kira_animerawr's Avatar
    I'm still abit confused about when the cosplay shows are, and how you sign up for hallway cosplay. If I can get some direction or something, that would be cool.

And for the cosplay hallway contest, judges will be okay with Original Characters? I mean, I won't be cosplaying anyone on Saturday, so if the hallway competition is on Saturday I want to be sure that they'll take my OC. (And if you could tell me when the staged cosplay contest is, that would be great too!) Thx!

->>http://deadanthro.deviantart.com/art...less-200802489<<-
    This is NOT me. (my username is 10kk)