Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: San Japan 4TW Cosplay Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Kira_animerawr View Post
    I'm still abit confused about when the cosplay shows are, and how you sign up for hallway cosplay. If I can get some direction or something, that would be cool.

And for the cosplay hallway contest, judges will be okay with Original Characters? I mean, I won't be cosplaying anyone on Saturday, so if the hallway competition is on Saturday I want to be sure that they'll take my OC. (And if you could tell me when the staged cosplay contest is, that would be great too!) Thx!
    The schedule should already make it very clear when the main cosplay show and its rehearsal are. Look at the schedule and you will have your answer.

Hall cosplay is not a show contest, as was made clear in the rules, therefore it does not have a set time, though rewards are announced at the main cosplay contest, so if you enter, you'll want to make certain you are in attendance. Because of that, it accepts entries the entire time the sign ups are open, on both Friday and Saturday.

As is stated in the rules, for hall cosplay, you are literally judged on the spot, along with a few photos taken as well for reference during further judging to be done later when the judges confer to determine the winners.

Also, yes, original designs are accepted in both contests.

Lets Be Friends Luna-Starbright's Avatar
    Just my luck to find this information out a day before the convention..but if anyone staff related can get me information on my question, it would be most appreciated!

The character I'm cosplaying as can wield a golf club. I know the rules said no live steel, but I didn't know if this constituted as that. It is a graphite club, and I'm willing to possibly cover parts in foam in order to be able carry it around the convention.

If I'm able to bring it, I will of course get it checked with security...but I wanted to make sure that I would even be allowed to bring it, before bringing it and finding out I have to go put it back in my vehicle

Once again, any info would be great!

-Luna
    (GO SAN JAPAN COSPLAY!)
    Known as Red Fem!Heavy and Red Demoman~

San Japan Mach 5
    -Vinyl Scratch
    -Gala Pinkie Pie
    -Boy Skylark
    -Tavros Nitram

Quote Originally Posted by Luna-Starbright View Post
    Just my luck to find this information out a day before the convention..but if anyone staff related can get me information on my question, it would be most appreciated!

The character I'm cosplaying as can wield a golf club. I know the rules said no live steel, but I didn't know if this constituted as that. It is a graphite club, and I'm willing to possibly cover parts in foam in order to be able carry it around the convention.

If I'm able to bring it, I will of course get it checked with security...but I wanted to make sure that I would even be allowed to bring it, before bringing it and finding out I have to go put it back in my vehicle

-Luna
    (GO SAN JAPAN COSPLAY!)
    We aren't the people to ask. For a better answer, try this thread

Lets Be Friends Luna-Starbright's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thegearproject View Post
    We aren't the people to ask. For a better answer, try this thread
    Thanks ^ ^;
    Known as Red Fem!Heavy and Red Demoman~

San Japan Mach 5
    -Vinyl Scratch
    -Gala Pinkie Pie
    -Boy Skylark
    -Tavros Nitram

SJ Class pet at your service! >:D Kira_animerawr's Avatar

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by thegearproject View Post
    The schedule should already make it very clear when the main cosplay show and its rehearsal are. Look at the schedule and you will have your answer.

Hall cosplay is not a show contest, as was made clear in the rules, therefore it does not have a set time, though rewards are announced at the main cosplay contest, so if you enter, you'll want to make certain you are in attendance. Because of that, it accepts entries the entire time the sign ups are open, on both Friday and Saturday.

As is stated in the rules, for hall cosplay, you are literally judged on the spot, along with a few photos taken as well for reference during further judging to be done later when the judges confer to determine the winners.

Also, yes, original designs are accepted in both contests.
    I don't know, maybe I didn't ask right.
    I know when the actual show is, but I've never "enterd" anything before like that so I don't know what goes on and how you sign up anyway. So in the room that's designated for cosplay sign-up you can choose for the show or the hallway?
    Thanks for all your help.. >XP

(like seriously, wouldn't it have been just as easy to say "oh yeah, check the schedual, the show is Saturday, 7:30, and you sign up >wherever whenever<." than writing that whole paragraph? You made it WAY harder than it had to be...)

->>http://deadanthro.deviantart.com/art...less-200802489<<-
    This is NOT me. (my username is 10kk)

SJ Class pet at your service! >:D Kira_animerawr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna-Starbright View Post

-Luna
    (GO SAN JAPAN COSPLAY!)
    I always thought that "live steel" was considerd sharpend metal, like swords.

->>http://deadanthro.deviantart.com/art...less-200802489<<-
    This is NOT me. (my username is 10kk)