Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pre/Post San Japan dance at The Bonham/Bottom?

San Antonio's Male Stripper ThePlayboyBunny's Avatar
    Chris - I'll look into the poll

teru - Souns good
    I'm an advice-giver, listener, and psychiatrist by day
    and a wild, party-starting, life-of-the-party male entertainer by night
    I exist to explain dreams
    And then I aim to fulfill them
    I am here to keep it classy
    And then I am here to party

Well, there's a month left give or take for San Japan, figgered I'd bump this for now.

If anybody is still interested, I'm honestly considering having this sometime before or after SJ, and probably on a weekend since that's when clubs are alive. I really wanted to have this during SJ, but that seems like it'll only work if we do it on the Sunday of, and I don't know how many people would be down.

So...when is good for everyone?

Needs More Minions gothlibrarian's Avatar
    I'd say go after the Masquerade because the Bonham never really gets going until midnight anyway and you're already dressed up! At least that's the way it used to be "back in the day."
    Cosplays for SJ 8
    Don't know yet. :/
    I really want to do the Folktales panel again because it was well attended and I plan on making it even better!
    I'm a 14 year old girl trapped in the body of a forty-something year old librarian.

hello
    im going to SJ on sat. and i would love to go get some alcohol :] since im super shy, and im going to san japan probably alone..;;
    i just went to animeoverload by myself and i was super alone the whole time haha never the less i think it was a good intro to my first con experience
    i live in austin and i was planning to drive there for the Sat. convention and drive back Sunday morning or something. would it be possible to go on Sat.???

I've been lurking this thread and didn't know if I should reply or not. lol. I've never been to a club before, yeah I'm 23 and never been to a club. I'd be cool to check it out especially if it's with fellow con-goers I'll feel more comfortable. If it's during the con I wouldn't have to worry about getting a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by nadenny View Post
    hello
    im going to SJ on sat. and i would love to go get some alcohol :] since im super shy, and im going to san japan probably alone..;;
    i just went to animeoverload by myself and i was super alone the whole time haha never the less i think it was a good intro to my first con experience
    i live in austin and i was planning to drive there for the Sat. convention and drive back Sunday morning or something. would it be possible to go on Sat.???
    Don't be sad about going alone! I've been going to con's alone since the first San Japan! I'm super shy too, I never know how to approach someone. Maybe we can hang out during San Japan so you won't be lonely. 8)
    "I reject reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage

Artist page!

Whatever day yall decide I would like to go, I just need to talk someone into going with me cause I'm a girl and we need to travel in packs :P

Fountain of Useless Information EvilPopKorn's Avatar
    I wouldnt mind going if this is the club my sister works at...
    |My Cosplay(s) for SJ 2015:|
    TBD

"Otaku are not driven by energy but by spirit." Genshiken 2

Just to put this out there, it doesn't have to be the Bonham; I have recently learned that The Saint (the club I always used to go to back when it was in front of SAC) is still a club and still a pretty awesome place. Jus saiyan.

Gothlibrarian - That's way too formal! Don't get me wrong, I love dressing classy in general, let along going to the club in my fanceh garb, but yeah, if I'm going to a club I want to have a nice mixture of classy and swag, so I'd have to change. Nice suggestion though, it'd be cool to have a bunch of people in masks show up.

nadenny - I'm assuming you're 21, and if you are let me know; I'm considering doing some pre-gaming before SJ, or at least before the dance. Sorry to hear you've been so abandoned at cons; if you want to travel I'm sure you can join my clan of miscreants.

Dead Last - *shrug* Many people have never been to clubs, even at your age. It's understandable; some clubs get a really bad rap, especially if you're female. But I mean...we'd be going to a gay club, where the atmosphere is totally chill, accepting, and a good portion of the guys that might dance with you (and I do mean might) are likely to be gay or at least friendly. Whether or not gay girls dance with you...I couldn't say *is not female*. It's a fun experience, as dancing usually is. A lot of people are turned off by the "grinding" and stuff, but I mean...it's really not what people think it is if you're with friends and in the right mindset.

a_nikki - Are you implying that girls must automatically travel in packs? If so, lol, I approve! Either way, you aren't the only girl interested in going, so that shouldn't be hard finding others, but yeah, the more the merrier for reelz.

EvilPopKorn - Well...ask her? XD

Anyways, although I may have said this earlier *is too lazy to look up*, I'm not totally certain how this can work.

Like...

I'd want to go Friday, but I have to go to Yaoi fest like I do every year, and while we could go clubbing at like 10 and be back by midnight, I think that might interrupt panels ><. I don't know.

Saturday is definitely looking like a better option since there's no Yaoi fest to deter me, but I already know my girlfriend is sadface about me temporarily leaving her side to go to Yaoi fest on Friday, I don't know how happy she'd be with me leaving again to go clubbing on Sat :/. That, and if I go to Yaoi Fest on Friday, that more than likely means I won't go dancing, meaning I'll want to go to the SJ dance on Sat, even though it'll probably be poo poo :P

Now...as much as I hate to say it, it might be best if like...you all decide amongst yourselves, and I might not join you. I'm generally the ring leader of these sorts of things, but if I can hook up some big club venture at the cost of me not going...then I'll do it.

I'm so glad I've got so many people interested. I'm going to PM all of you so I can get a good idea for when we can do all this.

If anything else, we should all at least meet up at the con and take a group pic just to say "We are the people who wanted to go clubbing! (but then might not have! !)"

Thanks a bunch peoples.

Fountain of Useless Information EvilPopKorn's Avatar
    Yo my sis wants to come with me.
    |My Cosplay(s) for SJ 2015:|
    TBD

"Otaku are not driven by energy but by spirit." Genshiken 2

All people are welcome as long as they're 18 or older and like to dance.

I think the Saint is:
    A. Way too far because once I'm downtown, I ain't driving nowhere.
    B. Too gay for most straight guys.

If we're going to a gay club and we have straight guys with us, I suggest the Bonham because straight people go there too.

Just my two cents.
    Cosplays for SJ 8
    I really want to do the Folktales panel again because it was well attended and I plan on making it even better!
    I'm a 14 year old girl trapped in the body of a forty-something year old librarian.

A. Assuming this is still happening (doesn't look like I can go. Sorry T_T), I'm sure you all could work out transportation/gas/whatev
    B. It's a gay club, so...duh?

Besides, I've been to gay clubs ever since I've been 18 (I'm 22) and I can easily say that the "gaydar" is a real thing; if you are a straight guy like I am, they'll totally see that a mile away. Even if they can't tell your orientation, gay guys are like any other person; they are totally capable of being shy, afraid to dance with you, etc.

I haven't been to the new Saint, but the old Saint was mah jam. Even still, Bonham is bigger and has more people.

Do not fear the gay clubs, straight men; you will meet many a straight female, I can promise you.

I've been going to gay clubs since before you were born and I just wanted the straight guys to be informed. Not everyone would be cool with going to a gay club. I have straight friends that wouldn't care and I have straight friends that would gouge their own eyes out if they witnessed two men dancing together.

Plus the Saint is WAY gayer than the Bonham, that was my only point. Also usually more girls at the Bonham than the Saint. I've been practically the only girl in the Saint but never the only girl at the Bonham. And I've seen hapless straight guys wander into hard core gay clubs and it's not pretty for either side.

I think both of those clubs is 21+ BTW
    Cosplays for SJ 8

You're OLD! :PPP

Seriously though, putting aside that I doubt anybody here would really be that narrowminded as to get offended by men dancing together, I already clearly-stated that the clubs were gay clubs. I appreciate your opinion, but I also disagree with it. I don't know when you've been going to The Saint, but I'd been going to that club for well over 2 years before it moved, and so while I can't speak on it now, I know that from my many years of going there, there was an absolutely equal number of patrons, and from my own experience I can say that it isn't difficult meeting and dancing with straight girls, if that's your interest.

Not like any of this matters since I already said that The Bonham is the club of target interest. That, and no, both clubs are 18+.

I updated the OP with the availability I got back from PMs. Given that everybody who has responded is down with Sat, that appears to be the day to do it, assuming this is still happening.

I will try to join you all, but I can't promise anything, especially since doing so might cost me my Egoraptor panel >:|. Otherwise, it'd be cool to get a group photo before you all head out.

I guess the next thing to do, now, is to determine what time is best.

So...does anybody wish to put something on the table?

is before san japan thursday night?

It's any time before San Japan...period. It could be Thursday night, possibly, but that only makes 2/3 of us, and last ever I went to Bonham on a Thursday night it was super dead. We could always try the Saint, but then again, if it's just 2/3 of us merr...and I'm pretty sure I have plans that Thursday anyways.