Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ghost/Paranormal

Ghost/Paranormal

So I for one dont truly believe in ghost exactly. I think that there is somethings in this world that arent meant to be explained.
    Now that my opionen is out of the way, i will lay down defenitions of what i think both to be.
    Ghost - ancestral spirits that are human or other once living thing
    Paranormal - Unexplained events that have yet to be fully understood or explained.

Im sure ur wondering why i posted this, and my answer is simple. Have y'all have any experiences with the paranormal? If u dont believe or if u do it doesn't matter. Just tell of ur experience and how it affected u. Or explain why u dont/do believe and your own defenition of these 2 things.
    "A Wise Man lives for Today, but looks forward to tomorow."
    -unknown

In forest behind elementary school
    Smoking cigarettes 'cus i'm the coolest kid in the A/B Honor club
    See a deer in the distance
    Deer looks back at me
    Deer stands on it's hind legs and bolts towards me
    I run like Asafa Powell back to school
    I hide in my homeroom
    I can here the deer furiously opening and slamming doors in the hallway searching for me
    My bladder is about to burst
    I see the silhouette of the deer on the door's pane
    It opened the door
    Got on the floor
    Everybody walked the dinosaur

San Antonio's Male Stripper ThePlayboyBunny's Avatar
    ^won the internet

/thread

Hehe, well, yeah, I don't believe in anything like that. No ghosts, demons, gods, spirits, aliens, or paranormal for me.

I don't think we live in an age where that sort of thing is a viable belief. There are some people who swear that the wind whistling is like, a haunting spirit, when it's obviously just...you know, the wind.

Superstition is exactly what Webster defines it as; a belief or practice resulting from ignorance, fear of the unknown, trust in magic or chance, or a false conception of causation.

In short, it isn't based on this awesome thing called: fact. Or reality. Just a bunch of people getting scared over things they "swear they saw" or "swear they know to be true."

...but all of that aside, Paranormal Activity 1 and 2 were awesome. 3 was horrible.
    I'm an advice-giver, listener, and psychiatrist by day
    and a wild, party-starting, life-of-the-party male entertainer by night
    I exist to explain dreams
    And then I aim to fulfill them
    I am here to keep it classy
    And then I am here to party

haha so u say it cant be real. yet enjoy the thought of such a thing existing. intresting.
    soikham that was what i expected. I was just curious as to what people believed. Certianly you;ve fulfilled one of these things... right?
    -unknown

Needs To Do This: Settings | Edit Profile | Custom User Title
    To deny ghost is to deny the power of the human spirit. Unless you've had an experience, you'd think it is just nonsense. Even people that have had encounters will try to downplay it and forget.

As far as aliens, they exist. Plenty of evidence exists. Most people just don't want to accept it. There are tons of fakes out there, but that's disinformation by oversaturation.

So yeah, some people may be over obsessed, but that doesn't mean anything outside the realm of normality does not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Valheru View Post
    haha so u say it cant be real. yet enjoy the thought of such a thing existing. intresting.
    Well yeah. I mean, I might enjoy movies with tons of violence; doesn't mean I support violent acts.

I enjoy the thought of those things existing same as I enjoy the thought of Greek myths, fairy tales, and Paul Bunyan existing. And just like Paul Bunyan, most of the things I mentioned just started with some guy telling a story, followed by one guy going "OMG GHOSTS ARE REAL!", and thus came the phony sense of belief that many people have.

...although, real talk, I've actually seen some super tall lumberjacks in my life, so Paul totally could've been a thing.

soikham that was what i expected. I was just curious as to what people believed. Certianly you;ve fulfilled one of these things... right?
    Haha, sorry about that. I was going for some laughs, honestly~

On a related note, there have been times in my life where I've attributed random, unexplainable (even to this day) happenings to ghosts, Satan (I was a religious kid haha), God (I was a god-fearing child), The clown from The Brave Little Toaster (It was a children's movie... right?), and even Klaus Nomi... He just scared me, but I love him now.

Sleep over at my house, friend is sleeping on floor and i'm in the bed. I hear whispering in some sort of language. "Dude?" "Yes?" "Shut up, i'm trying to sleep." My friend walks into the room a couple seconds later coming from the bathroom. Before I can say anything he says "Dude, will you stop whispering crap to me from the hallway while i'm trying to whiz." NOPED

Well If that what u believe PBB im not here to contradict. I honestly love history and greek/roman mythology. That being said, me and a freind were discussing history. We came to the subject of the dark ages then to mythology. Such as greek gods and Hercules. Sensing maybe that u might get this, but heres a question for you. Does Troy exist? or did it ever even exist?
    Soikham it did make me laugh. And like i siad i just wanted to veiw others opionins. Im fascinated by the working of the human mind. How each and everyone can be diffrent no matter to great extent no mattter what. Due to countless upon countless factors.
    -unknown

I believe in Spirits, not ghosts perse... As for Aliens (which this stuck my fancy) they do exist. We are a measly little planet in a tiny solar system, on the outskirts of a galaxy which is infinite amount of space floating with other galaxies, do not deny science. Then to assume no other planet out there is like ours, which one of the moons of Jupiter has a similar set up as Earth, would b arrogant and egotistical, which in history has been humans demise with the Helocentric model vs Geocentric model of the solar system. So, yes I believe there is other living organsisms other than the ones found on Earth.
    crazy things have happened and were still here....
    SJ 7:Cana (Fairytail)= 100%
    Daphne (scooby-doo)= 100%
    Penny(Big Bang Theory)=100%
    Arrietty(Secret Life of Arrietty)=85%
    Katara (Avatar the Last Airbender)= 100%

well as it pertains more to this thread i have a story...

I come from a Bruja blood line. (Witch in english)
    One day when i was 20 I went with some friends to an abandoned firehouse that had been used to test potention firemen in an actual fire situation. fully knowing that someone had actually died during a test we thought it would be cool to see if we can find a spirit in the place and me being the Sanktick(A faith that revolves around protecting humanity through a mix of Shamanism and Witchcraft) that i am went ahead and followed along. When we finally reached the firehouse it was around 2:55 in the morning. unbeknownst to me one of my collueges was carrying aroung a Weiji board and some Spirit incence(Which is used to enhance ones personal vibration, attract spirit guides and to honour ones personal deity) so while i and one freind went ahead and started to check the place out She went ahead and started lighting it and pulled out the weiji board. we were in a group of 5. so 3 participated in the practice of the board while me and one other found the room that was most burned. it was the second story of the building and was positivly scorched luckily there was a door leading to a terrace so i went out side to wave hello. It was then that my female friend gasped in shock, tolled us she saw a burnt face in the door and it was staring at them (all 3 people described it. Pink and blackened skin where it was burned, one eye totally white and bubbling and the other staring at them with hatred) then they ran.. i immediatly rushed back to the staircase and started invoking a right of protection. it was when we left the facility that i felt a pain in my arm. a scratch that was 3 inches in length. it didn't heal for 3 days till i rubbed salt into it. and then i had to hold cleansing spells for my friends just to be sure that something didn't follow them.
    "A bowtie and speedo counts as a two piece" - Patches

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    well as it pertains more to this thread i have a story...
    Wow, your story was intense. I've had experiences with others playin with Oeiji boards, and I refuse to participate with it. I don't think I bruja blood in me, but all the women on my mom and her mom's side has special abilities to sense, feel, see, etc things that is hard to explain. My mom's children had the first boys with this ability. My sister refuses to accept it, but she does admit she has had experiences that she can't quite explain, which irritate her. But yeah, my mom has four kids, and each one of us has one of the abilities the other three don't have.

Sensing maybe that u might get this, but heres a question for you. Does Troy exist? or did it ever even exist?
    I am admittedly no expert in that part of history, and given that you phrased it as a question, I'm assuming that it did not. I figure, by now, we'd definitely know if it did.

But yeah, the Greek myths were awesome, and, to me, they're certainly a more realistic account of how humans man-make their religions.

Actualy at one point did actualy exist.

It did exist. I'm assuming he meant like...the Trojan War and whatnot...maybe >_>...

Trojan war did too. As for aliens? I believe they exist. To think were the only intelligent species in the universe is laughable.

I've been blessed (cursed) with a sort of overactive imagination, when I become bored sometimes my brain makes stuff up to fool me. I'm often told that my "experiences" are of me being a victim of my own mind, but I often wonder how could I tell the difference between what is real and fake.

Spoiler: My Traumatic Experience 
    I work at a hotel, about 8 years ago I was working an overnight shift. During the beginning of my shift this girl came down, she asked me for some plates and silverware because she was about to eat. I happily gave it to her while I engaged her in some small talk, she seemed nice. She left the lobby, silverware and plates in hand.

It was 2:30 in the morning when my phone rang, I picked up the set and started my greeting. I was interrupted by a familiar voice, that girl, "Call the police, someone is about to die."

She hung up. Seconds later my switchboard lit up like the Fourth of July, everyone claiming they heard a noise that 'sounded like a gunshot'. I didn't want to believe it, but I called the police anyways. It had been five days since I was officially declared first responder. I had to go back to the room and direct people away, telling them the police had been called.

It had been 30 minutes and the police still had not shown up. I knew not to go in, I didn't know who was in there, how many people there were. I didn't want to think it was suicide, I saw the girl, she didn't seem like the type. It HAD to be murder, and if it was then the shooter could have still been in there. Going in could be dangerous, I'm just out ensuring people that everything is fine and then open the door for the police.

In the end my curiosity got the best of me, it was a horrible sight but what was worse was the smell. Even now when I type this that smell of blood and matter mixed with powder and primer still comes to me. And the sight, well let's just say I can't even stand the look of blood these days without getting squeamish.

So one night about four years ago I had to stay at the property because the buses were no longer running, I had to stay in a down room. After doing my nightly ritual of internet, shower, and what not. Then I went to bed while leaving the TV on, because I have an irrational fear of silence.

As I started to dose off I heard a voice, "Are you asleep?"

My eyes darted open as I looked around, but saw nothing. I immediately singled out the television, but the show on didn't even have a women in it, and this was a woman's voice. 15 minutes later I dosed back off to sleep and then I heard her voice again, "Are you asleep now?"

My eyes darted open and somehow between when I shut my eyes and when I opened them again the television had turned off. I never did go back to sleep that night. Was it a ghost? Or was it my imagination being triggered by the traumatizing events beforehand? Who really knows.
    Michael Hicks
    San Japan Support Director-"Being everywhere and nowhere since '09"

@Hicks: For me most people say stuff is fake cuz they never sensed it, but you might be in tuned with something, and others won't be in tuned. Remember the average person uses 10% of their brain's limit, now that's average. Just think, there are others using more and gettin in tuned with there surroundings on a different level.

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Trojan war did too. As for aliens? I believe they exist. To think were the only intelligent species in the universe is laughable.
    There are other species, sure, but there aren't these humanoid braniacs people seem to think there are. The other planets do not have the type of environment that can sustain anything beyond very simple, tiny organisms, most of which are likely microscopic. In short, it's going to take billions of years before we ever see anything of note on another planet.

Why do they have to be humanoid? why can't it be a race of intelligent chocobo looking creatures? I just think the concept of humanoid being the primary factor for extraterrestrial intelligence is crass. And we're talking known planets that can support life. The universe is beyond comprehension to even most members of our genus, let alone species. Then again most of our species are not capable of grasping simple math skills like geometry or even the basics of biological evolution. (i.e. Brunette plus brunette makes brunette unless an mutation takes place)

They don't have to be humanoid; that is, simply, the most common conception of "aliens."

Talking about unknown planets, we might as well start debating the likelihood of the flying spaghetti monster. While it is plenty possible that there are other planets out there, the only logical thing to do is debate the planets we actually know about, which returns to my statement that the only lifeforms that could currently exist on the planets we know of would have to be extremely basic, tiny things.

Also, brunette plus brunette doesn't always yield brunette if one of those parents had a non-brunette ancestor.