Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ghost/Paranormal

Hence a mutation in the genes to reveal the bruenette.... Sorry, but why limit yourself to a carbon base life forms? Hydrogen base life forms can exist too. As for traveling from solar system to solar system or even galaxy to galaxy there is string theory. It states you have n number of deminsions and jumpin from them can create shorter distance jumps instead of a straight line....
    crazy things have happened and were still here....
    SJ 7:Cana (Fairytail)= 100%
    Daphne (scooby-doo)= 100%
    Penny(Big Bang Theory)=100%
    Arrietty(Secret Life of Arrietty)=85%
    Katara (Avatar the Last Airbender)= 100%

The only ghostly/paranormal experience I've had is one time when I had visited my grandparents a long while ago in Japan with my family. I was pretty little at the time. One night when i went to bed, I suddenly opened my eyes after I had slept for about half an hour, but my body wasn't functioning. It was as if my mind was the only part of me that was awake, and it got scarier because a big, black bear-like figure was starting to form, standing up looking down at me (I was asleep next to my mom on a futon in a tatami room). I distinctly remember trying to lift up my arm and scream, but I couldn't--it was really freaky! A few seconds later, though, my body woke up and I could move again and the black figure was gone.
    I looked it up recently and I think it's called sleep paralysis, and apparently it happens alot to people but it was still scary... what was scarier was the fact that other people's experiences were much worse than mine (the ghostly figure actually making physical contact with them).

But yeah, that's as far as it goes with paranormal experiences with me. Apparently, the actor of Glenn from The Walking Dead also experienced it at one point.

SJ5 cosplay:
    Friday- Hirasawa(K-ON!)- 99%
    Saturday- Yuno Gasai(Future Diary)- 99%

San Antonio's Male Stripper ThePlayboyBunny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lattin12 View Post
    Hence a mutation in the genes to reveal the bruenette.... Sorry, but why limit yourself to a carbon base life forms? Hydrogen base life forms can exist too.
    I don't understand your wording behind mutation in genes to reveal a brunette. If two brunettes have a blonde kid, then obviously one of them has blonde in them.

I'm not limiting myself to carbon-based life forms; my statement goes for all life forms. The common idea of an "alien" being this "intelligent" creature is something that cannot happen, currently.
    I'm an advice-giver, listener, and psychiatrist by day
    and a wild, party-starting, life-of-the-party male entertainer by night
    I exist to explain dreams
    And then I aim to fulfill them
    I am here to keep it classy
    And then I am here to party

Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayboyBunny View Post
    I don't understand your wording behind mutation in genes to reveal a brunette. If two brunettes have a blonde kid, then obviously one of them has blonde in them.

I'm not limiting myself to carbon-based life forms; my statement goes for all life forms. The common idea of an "alien" being this "intelligent" creature is something that cannot happen, currently.
    I'm goin off the alleles and genetic probability.

Quote Originally Posted by lattin12 View Post
    I'm goin off the alleles and genetic probability.
    So am I :/

Two brunettes yielding a blonde is not an example of a mutation

how many alleles are ya using? Cuz there is over 5 different alleles to give a person their hair color and through out their life there mRNA can turn off alleles causing the hair color to change.
    Mutation by a scientific difinition: changes in a genomic sequence: the DNA sequence of a cell's genome or the DNA or RNA sequence of a virus. They can be defined as sudden and spontaneous changes in the cell. Mutations are caused by radiation, viruses, transposons and mutagenic chemicals, as well as errors that occur during meiosis or DNA replication.They can also be induced by the organism itself, by cellular processes such as hypermutation.

I'm officially lost about what we're talking about

This happened when I was around 9/10.

I was home alone, everyone had gone to my kid brothers football game and I just ...didn't want to go.
    SO! I was sitting in the living room watching TV when I heard a noise coming from the hall, I turned down the volume to listen, about a minute later I heard the noise again but a bit louder and being the brave/stupid kid that I was I went to investigate. The hallway didn't have any windows and all the doors the rooms were closed because my mom had this weird phobia about opened doors, so basically I was walking into darkness. I got about halfway down the hall when I heard a noise coming from the far end. It sounded like someone muttering to themselves and pacing. I think I coughed or cleared my throat and the noise stopped and I remember becoming scared that the noise had stopped. Then there were heavy footsteps, stomping toward me and I couldn't move but then the footsteps stopped about three feet away from me. There was this low sorta growl and a door slammed in my face..... there wasn't a door in the middle of the hallway. I almost thought that I imagined it but I remember that when the door slammed my hair had been blown back.
    I stood in the hall for a couple minutes not knowing what to think, then I heard the scuffing of feet on the floor and I just walked back to the living room, turned up the volume on the TV and waited for everyone to get home.

I've had other... strange experiences as well but that was the first one that I couldn't explain. There have been a few since then that I just can't make sense of. Perhaps that was the day I crossed the line into Crazyville. O_o

Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayboyBunny View Post
    I'm officially lost about what we're talking about
    lol me too lol

Lattin12 and Playboy- i followed it.
    Luvu4never- Sleep paralysis is pretty common. In the Paranormal/Occult world it's considered an experience when a human meets a spirit of great power or when ever your met by an alien species that is using a hypersonic sound frequency to immobilize any humans in a area. (I personally beleive the spirit hypothosis)

anikki- coulda been a residual (memory) haunting or a Fey..
    "A bowtie and speedo counts as a two piece" - Patches

So I was havin a drinkin game nite tonite, and one of the final conversations were about the paranormal... Go figure lol

Watched a freind take a picture of his nephew. And in the backgroud there stand what we believe is a indian girl. quite literally see through and pretty prominent at teh same time. Was freaky. Thats about all I have i guess.
    "A Wise Man lives for Today, but looks forward to tomorow."
    -unknown

Okay, so anybody have unique legends from your homelands?