Thread: pAnime-Fest #1

Needs More Minions gothlibrarian's Avatar

pAnime-Fest #1

This was formerly the library fest. Now the official name is
    pAnime-Fest!
    It will be on March 14 from 1 p.m. until 8 p.m. (when the library closes).
    This is generally geared toward teens but it will in fact be all ages.

There will be a DDR contest and a Super Mario Smash Brothers Brawl contest. Sign up is at 1 p.m.
    There will be crafts: a plushie and a thai string doll craft and a chocolate craft
    The Miyazaki fest schedule is listed below.

Please no crazy bulky costumes because we are looking at limited space. You can register for the cosplay contest up until 4:30 p.m. unless we are overflowing with entries (which is unlikely). No and I mean NO weapons unless they are obviously fake. Also please limit the stuff you have to carry around. If you need stuff for the cosplay contest you can come into the library with it at that time. If your costume has wings, for example wait until the contest to put those wings on please.

Here is the schedule:
    Main Room

1 p.m. DDR & Super Mario Smash Bros. Brawl sign up/

Cosplay sign up

2 p.m DDR and Smash Bros. Competition

4:30 p.m. Cosplay contest begins

7 p.m. Death Match 2600 (Live Band!)

Craft Closet

1 p.m. Plushie and Thai String Dolls

(While Supplies Last)

5 p.m. Chocolate Crafts

(While Supplies Last)

Glass Room

1 p.m. Howls Moving Castle

3 p.m. Kiki’s Delivery Service

4:30 My Neighbor Totoro

6 p.m. Ponyo

If you have any questions you can contact me on this board or at meetup.com/panimegroup
    Cosplays for SJ 7
    Friday morning: ? Friday night: a Fox (the animal) Saturday Morning: Crazy Steampunk Clown Saturday Night: Fancy Steampunk lady Sunday: ?
    Come to my Japanese Folktales Panel Friday at 8:30pm in Travis A on the 3rd floor! Please.
    I'm a 14 year old girl trapped in the body of a forty-something year old librarian.

Awesome! I might go :3
    Mizuumi-Con 6: Fire Nation disguised Toph

Anime Odyssey 1, Day 1: Robin!Ciel
    Anime Odyssey 1, Day 2: Seven Year's war Austria
    Anime Odyssey 1, Day 3: Default!Teto

It's March! It's March! Time for the pAnime-Fest #1 and Muzumi-con (I totally butchered that spelling didn't I). We have a long wait until San Japan so please go to one of these events in March! I will see you there!
    Cosplays for SJ 7
    Friday morning: ? Friday night: a Fox (the animal) Saturday Morning: Crazy Steampunk Clown Saturday Night: Fancy Steampunk lady Sunday: ?
    Come to my Japanese Folktales Panel Friday at 8:30pm in Travis A on the 3rd floor! Please.
    I'm a 14 year old girl trapped in the body of a forty-something year old librarian.

CudaŽ
    Getting ready for this! Hope to see most of the boardies here!

CudaŽ
    We are practicing hard for this! I hope to see most of everybody there. I will hold it against you if you don't show up! XP

I am just hoping someone shows up to "represent". I hope someone is interested in cosplaying too!
    Cosplays for SJ 7

The Permanent New Guy ( o ^ .^)b reperbone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Totakeke View Post
    We are practicing hard for this! I hope to see most of everybody there. I will hold it against you if you don't show up! XP

Quote Originally Posted by gothlibrarian View Post
    I am just hoping someone shows up to "represent". I hope someone is interested in cosplaying too!
    "represent" ...how do you mean!?

which library is this at?

The Sweet Apple Acre Princess Puritysan's Avatar
    Pan American... or something like that.

Eyyyyyyy Sexy Cosplay~
    Tumblr Fandom Style~
    O-O-O-O-T-P~

I'd go if I knew what library it is.
    SAN JAPAN MACH5 COSPLAY
    John Egbert and Jake English

If you go to the meetup page, it tells you the location - here it is, for less hassle:
    Pan American Library
    1122 W. Pyron, San Antonio, TX
    San Japan Main Gopher and Karaoke Coordinator
    "If something happens, I get blamed."

Check out my Work! Come, buy things!
    --> SelectionsX <--

The whole pAnime-Fest has changed but I do not really know the details. I am unable to go to work so some other teen services people have taken over to help out. The only thing I do know for sure is that Death Match 2600 will be playing at about 5 p.m. So that whole other schedule is pretty much scrapped.

I am very sorry about this first attempt to have an anime fest and wish I could be there so it could go on as I envisioned. Running an anime event is tough, I'll say that for sure.

Thanks for your interest in my first endeavor.
    Cosplays for SJ 7

And thanks Kuri for the address. I can't believe I forgot that! Doh!
    Cosplays for SJ 7

CudaŽ
    Quote Originally Posted by reperbone View Post

"represent" ...how do you mean!?
    Rep your city! Or anime fandom?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuri View Post
    If you go to the meetup page, it tells you the location - here it is, for less hassle:
    Pan American Library
    1122 W. Pyron, San Antonio, TX
    Tanks Kuri!

Ah yes, Deathmatch will be playing at 5. Or begining to setup and play at 5. But be there at 5 to watch us carry stuff and plug in everything, then begin playing. Heck, be there before and enjoy the events the library has to offer.

Oh yeah, we've added 3 songs to our list now, and one is an amalgam of awesomeness and win. XD

The Permanent New Guy ( o ^ .^)b reperbone's Avatar
    I'll be arriving kinda late....maybe like 4:30....hopefully
    Before yall start playing....off to bed.

CudaŽ

We had a bunch of fun playing and want to thank everyone that showed up to this!

I'm finally back from the dead and at another library. I wish I could have seen this. It looks and sounds cool and awesomely loud!
    Cosplays for SJ 7