Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Supernatural Panel

The Men Who Stare at Suits theSock.Monkey.Renegade's Avatar
    Keep in mind though, each episode we screen is about 45 minutes, and there are four of us. That's three hours right there. So we might have to sacrifice certain aspects of the panel to make it all fit. I highly doubt we're going to get 5-6 hours of panel time.

CoRunner of the San Japan Live Action Cosplay Contest and 50% of the Men Who Stare At Suits
    Cosplay SJ7
    Han Solo- Star Wars: A New Hope|Visas Marr- Star Wars KOTOR: II|Tsukimi- Princess Jellyfish|Phoenix Wright- Ace Attorney

What if we have people tell stories of lore they grew up with? Heck, I know legends of Skinwalkers, the Northern New Mexico version of La Lironia, and even of cursed land in Santa Fe. If people have stories, they can tell them. Most of the hunting episodes deal with lore or legend that has the base of truth.
    crazy things have happened and were still here....
    SJ 7:Cana (Fairytail)= 100%
    Daphne (scooby-doo)= 100%
    Penny(Big Bang Theory)=100%
    Arrietty(Secret Life of Arrietty)=85%
    Katara (Avatar the Last Airbender)= 100%

Ll Llorona is a really common story around here too. There is even a mariachi ballad about her.

In the North East, where I grew up, a lot of the lore centers around Native American burial grounds, and the Revolutionary war. I actually grew up about half an hour from Hessian Lake, which was supposedly haunted by a Hessian soldier who had been murdered by colonists and dropped into the lake. And his body was never found.

Cool idea, but again, it all depends on how much time we have. Still, we could set it up like a campfire, turn the lights out, have a flashlight that the story teller holds...

CoRunner of the San Japan Live Action Cosplay Contest and 50% of the Men Who Stare At Suits
    Cosplay SJ7
    Han Solo- Star Wars: A New Hope|Visas Marr- Star Wars KOTOR: II|Tsukimi- Princess Jellyfish|Phoenix Wright- Ace Attorney

I've asked around some different forums, and people really want, at some point, a Q&A with the characters. Like maybe the last hour, or half-hour?
    Cosplay List:
    Gabriel- Supernatural
    Castiel- Supernatural
    USSR- Hetalia
    Hunter- Left 4 Dead

Keep a list of the things people suggest on other forums, and then you can share them with us when we all get together!

But yeah, I agree, that would be definitely good to do.

Cosplay SJ7

is this the girl who wants us to cosplay supernatural for her?
    Neo Wolf 99

Yes it is.
    "The real world is for people who can't imagine anything better."

Hell-o EveryBody!!

Sorry I am so late to this AWESOME IDEA!! I was just looking thur the SJ5 Beta Schedule and had to know what the Supernatural Slumber Party was all about! I was really hopeing it was about one of the best shows ever made!
    Reading thur all your post I see that you all have been hard at work getting this event put together. I would like to express may deepest gratitude to all of you. Thank you!

Having said that, what can I do to help. I remember reading that you didn't have the anime to the show. I have it and it is awesome! I think it would be cool to show, compare, and discuss the show vs the anime. There are a few episode of the show that were made into anime but with twist to them.

I like all of the games and ideas you all have come up with and look forward to more great things.

Thanks again.

500px-Supernatural_the_Animation.jpg

Sorry I've hardly been around. Computer died and doing this on my phone is a b!tch

We got midnight - 4, how awesome is that?

Tankol75, thanks, it'd be great if we could show the anime. Welcome aboard

I'm going to check out the Hyatt. Not this weekend but the following. I'll post details this weekend. Feel free to pm me your phone number, if you haven't done so yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankol75 View Post
    Hell-o EveryBody!!

Sorry I am so late to this AWESOME IDEA!! I was just looking thur the SJ5 Beta Schedule and had to know what the Supernatural Slumber Party was all about! I was really hopeing it was about one of the best shows ever made!
    Reading thur all your post I see that you all have been hard at work getting this event put together. I would like to express may deepest gratitude to all of you. Thank you!

Having said that, what can I do to help. I remember reading that you didn't have the anime to the show. I have it and it is awesome! I think it would be cool to show, compare, and discuss the show vs the anime. There are a few episode of the show that were made into anime but with twist to them.

I like all of the games and ideas you all have come up with and look forward to more great things.

Thanks again.

500px-Supernatural_the_Animation.jpg
    I never seen or heard of the animation. Can't wait to see it ^^

Its really great!!

I've never seen the animation, it'd be awesome to watch it at the slumber party

The animation is really awesome. I love that they use the actual actors to voice their characters.
    Cosplay List:
    Gabriel- Supernatural
    Castiel- Supernatural
    USSR- Hetalia
    Hunter- Left 4 Dead

The way that it's animated makes me giggle a bit at times, but I really love it as well.

Cosplay SJ7

So I looked at the BETA schedule, and the Supernatural Slumber Party is from midnight to 3:30 am, Friday night/Saturday morning. Though it can change since this is only the BETA.
    So late at night...Gabriel....candy and soda...his blade. Oh, this is going to be fun! Right Dean-o? Sammy? Cassy? Right?
    Cosplay List:
    Gabriel- Supernatural
    Castiel- Supernatural
    USSR- Hetalia
    Hunter- Left 4 Dead

*grumbles*
    Oh boy, watch yourself Sammy, Gabriel's getting frisky again.
    Last edited by theSock.Monkey.Renegade; 07-12-2012 at 07:25 PM.

Cosplay SJ7

Oh I'll watch out Dean. You got the weapons to control him though.

Can't help getting frisky when I'm near you two. I just get these little tingles when I see you. Oh wait, they're just tingles of pity that never was.

*This is really going to be an interesting panel. At least us characters are getting along, right?*
    Cosplay List:
    Gabriel- Supernatural
    Castiel- Supernatural
    USSR- Hetalia
    Hunter- Left 4 Dead

Here's the updated roster:

me: Castiel/Misha Collins
    theSock.Monkey.Renegade: Dean/Jensen Ackles
    lattin12: Sam/Jared Padalecki
    SexyNeoWolfBoy: ?
    soraKHdemyx: Gabriel/Richard Speight Jr.
    Tankol75: ?

It occurs to me that if SexyNeoWolfBoy and Tankol75 don't cosplay, the rest of us make up Team Free Love

Here's what I was thinking we'd do-- we'll show our fave eps first, then at 3am (the witching hour) we'd have our Scary Story contest. Not sure how long that would last, half an hour maybe? If so we could play Truth or Dare/Spin the bottle after that. It'll probably be more fun if we play it loose and don't try to schedule too tightly.

I'm having a hard time deciding which episode to show. Has anyone chosen theirs yet?

I'm going to the HBG convention center next Sunday to check out the venue. I can't say exactly when I'll get there since I'm going by bus, but I should be there at about 1pm. I'm going to have a look at our room, panel room 1 (Crockett A/B, on the 4th floor). Hope to see you guys there; if you can't make it, I'll see you at the convention.

I'll go with TV Land. And about the scary story... are there any restrictions? Something you'd rather not be in the story/mentioned? Will the spin the bottle/truth or dare involve just us 4? And then maybe people from the audience choose/make suggestions on what they want the characters to dare/truth each other.

Also, any rules? Might run smoother if we had some rules to follow so something bad doesn't ruin the panel.

I won't be able to arrive in San Antonio until Thursday evening. So see you then!
    Cosplay List:
    Gabriel- Supernatural
    Castiel- Supernatural
    USSR- Hetalia
    Hunter- Left 4 Dead