STARTING IN 2013, Gold Pass holders will NO LONGER have front of the line access for autographs. A special VIP autograph session will be held on Sunday of the convention.
In an effort to predict wait times for autograph lines and to allow our attendees and guests to have as much fun as possible at San Japan, the following guidelines should be observed.
- The first one hundred attendees in line for a given autograph session will receive tickets just prior to start of the session. This ticket guarantees an autograph in either the current session or, if need be, an overflow session later in the convention. Overflow autograph session times will be available on the schedule.
- Anyone past the one hundred mark will not receive a ticket. Individuals without tickets are not guaranteed an autograph. Whether or not they receive an autograph depends on how quickly the line moves during the allotted time. Individuals without tickets may not attend scheduled overflow sessions.
- San Japan reserves the right to end the line to keep events (and guests) on schedule.
- Attendees are not allowed to line up for an autograph session more than 30 minutes before the scheduled start time. Attendees gathering in the vicinity of the autograph room before that time will be asked to disperse.
- To keep the line moving, we request that attendees bring absolutely no more than two items to be signed. Items should also be prepared for signing. For example, DVD inserts should be removed from the case and posters should be unrolled.
- Attendees are welcome to take photographs of the guests, but we ask that they please refrain from asking the guests to come around the table for a posed shot.
- Attendees participating in disruptive or rude behavior may be asked to leave the autograph area.
If these simple rules are followed, you can help as many of our friends enjoy San Japan as possible. The faster the line moves, the better chance the person behind you will get the opportunity to meet their favorite guests!
Credit: Anime Boston for original source.