Search the San Japan Website
Attendees will be allowed up to ONE item signed per guest. Attendees who wish to have more than ONE item signed will need to go back in line during general autograph sessions if time allows.
ALL Gold Pass holders do not have front of the line access for autographs. Gold Pass holders will need to wait in the same lines as general attendees for Friday/Saturday autograph sessions. A special VIP autograph session will be held on Sunday of the convention.
In an effort to predict wait times for autograph lines and to allow our attendees and guests to have as much fun as possible at San Japan, the following guidelines should be observed.
- All attendees must be wearing their attendee badge (of any type) to show that they are valid convention badge holder to obtain an autograph.
- The first one hundred attendees in line for a given autograph session will receive tickets just prior to start of the session.
- Anyone past the one hundred mark will not receive a ticket. Individuals without tickets are not guaranteed an autograph. Whether or not they receive an autograph depends on how quickly the line moves during the allotted time.
- San Japan reserves the right to end the line to keep events (and guests) on schedule.
- Attendees are not allowed to line up for an autograph session more than 30 minutes before the scheduled start time. Attendees gathering in the vicinity of the autograph room before that time will be asked to disperse.
- To keep the line moving, we request that attendees bring absolutely no more than one item will be signed. Items should also be prepared for signing. For example, DVD inserts should be removed from the case and posters should be unrolled.
- Attendees are welcome to take photographs of the guests but we ask that they please refrain from asking the guests to come around the table for a posed shot.
- Attendees participating in disruptive or rude behavior may be asked to leave the autograph area.
- San Japan Guests, if allowed by permission from San Japan, may charge or require attendees to purchase merchandise in order to obtain a signature.
- Guests may end the session at any time to adhere to their convention schedule.
- San Japan strives to ensure that most of the convention guests do not charge attendees for an autograph. If a guest informs that they will not sign attendee autographs unless allowed to charge a fee then San Japan will inform attendees on this ahead of time. For 2016, no announced guests at this time are requiring San Japan to charge for autographs.
If these simple rules are followed, you can help as many of our friends enjoy San Japan as possible. The faster the line moves, the better chance the person behind you will get the opportunity to meet their favorite guests!
Credit: Anime Boston for original source.