San Japan Volunteer Information
Volunteer Sign-Up and Revised FAQ will be up STARTING ON DECEMBER 15th, 2013 at 9:30PM.
Starting in 2014, we will have a volunteer mail-in payment deadline (June 1st, 2014) & and an on-line payment deadline (June 15th, 2014).
Volunteer Registration FAQ
There will still be an application fee to apply to be a volunteer form. Price TBD. If you have any additional questions, please go to the San Japan forum.
If you volunteer and do not show up, you will be declined from helping further San Japan conventions. You must be at least 18 years at the time when San Japan begins. You do not have to be 18 at the time of sign-up.
If you lie about your age in order to receive a volunteer badge, your volunteer badge will be immediately revoked, you will be removed from crash space and we will ask you to leave the convention unless you purchase a regular attendee badge (yes, this has happened).
- People come to a convention to have fun, so we expect everyone to be on their best behaviors and treat attending members with the same courtesy the volunteer would expect for themselves. Kindness begets kindness and rudeness begets rudeness.
- Please take the time to research the convention and learn the general information of the convention layout, convention times & posted schedule. Expect to be asked a lot of questions by attendees no matter where you’re assigned.
- When you are scheduled for a shift, San Japan expects you to be there and sign in.
- If you cannot make your shift, or cannot avoid being late, e-mail, call or send a text message to let the department manager know so that we can work around the problem so that everyone is treated fairly.
- If you are working a shift and the next person does not show up, please let the department manager know while we find a replacement.
- All volunteer staff must abide by the Convention rules. You are not above the law nor will we allow ‘ego-tripping’. We will take complaints by attendees very seriously if they report on being mistreated. If we are told by attendees that you were ‘rude’ or ‘lazy’, we reserve the right to take pro-active steps to ensure people are treated fairly at the convention. If we receive complaints then you will not be accepted for future conventions.
- San Japan and its staff are not responsible for misplaced, lost or stolen personal items.
CONTACT FORM PENDING