“The Other Side of the TV” by Sephirothskr
“Destiny” by DAPSEpako
“Bonnyworld” by Unlucky Artist
Bloom” by SliceofLife
“Warrior’s Song” by CJEJTHEDJ
“STARUTO: Naruto In Space” by OXR Studio
1. AMV stands for “Animated Music Video.” Animation from any source – Japanese, American, Video Game, 3D, 2D, etc. – will be accepted. Videos that are primarily live action will not be accepted.
2. Video resolution should be no less than standard definition. Audio should be CD quality or better.
3. We strongly prefer MP4 format. If you submit a video in any other format, we will convert it to MP4. If we cannot convert it to MP4, it will be disqualified.
4. You do not have to be present at an AMV League Event to win.
5. AMV League events consist of three local-level categories – Action, Drama, and Fun/Upbeat.
6. You may submit a maximum of one video per category per AMV League Event.
7. If the judges feel your video would be better suited for a different category, it may be reassigned.
8. If there are fewer than four submissions to any of the three local-level categories OR fewer than twelve qualifying submissions overall, all local-level entries will be placed into a single “Best Overall” category and judged appropriately. If there are fewer than six qualifying submissions overall, we will have an “AMV Showcase” consisting of all qualifying submissions as well as some of our favorite AMVs of all time from around the internet in lieu of a contest. In this case, all qualifying submissions will again be eligible for judging in future AMV League events.
9. AMVs will be judged on the following criteria. Each category will be scored on a scale of 1 to 20, for a maximum of 140 points.
10. The highest-scoring video in each category shall win a “Best” award in that category. The highest-scoring video that does not win a “Best” award shall be named “Honorable Mention.” All videos that win a “Best” or “Honorable Mention” award at the individual event level will be entered into the AMV League National Championships.
11. ANY SINGLE VIDEO SHOWN AT AN AMV LEAGUE EVENT MAY NOT AGAIN BE SUBMITTED TO ANY OTHER AMV LEAGUE EVENT. Videos previously submitted to non-League AMV contests ARE eligible, as are videos that are submitted to a League Event and not shown at that Event.
12. Videos submitted to AMV League Events may not have been created earlier than two years prior to the deadline of the AMV League Event to which they are submitted. (e.g. If an AMV League Event’s deadline is March 30, 2017, videos created earlier than March 30, 2015 are ineligible for that particular AMV League Event.)
13. All videos must be uploaded to a hosting site such as Google Drive or Dropbox. NO YOUTUBE OR OTHER STREAMING LINKS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
14. The following will result in immediate disqualification:
15. By submitting a video, you give Vitamin H Productions permission to link to your video from the contest results or, if unable to find your video on a streaming site, to upload and host your video themselves on this website. You also give Vitamin H Productions permission to showcase your video, fully credited as created by you, at any convention appearance as part of an AMV League Event or within the VHTV project.
2019 Submissions have not opened at this time.