Thread: What might you guys think about a panel focused on live action cosplay?

The Men Who Stare at Suits theSock.Monkey.Renegade's Avatar

What might you guys think about a panel focused on live action cosplay?

As you can probably tell from the costumes listed in my signature, it's pretty much all I really do. And I've found that it's actually quite particular. Unlike with anime and video game cosplay, there is an actual item that exists which you are trying to replicate, with a particular fabric, particular closures, and particular seams placed in particular places.

I'd cover things like ID-ing items, where the best places to find reference images are, finding suitable replacements, drafting patterns for items you can't buy or thrift to have the same construction as the original item, identifying a fabric based on it's texture and sheen, so on and so forth.

It might focus a little more on Doctor Who and Supernatural, because that's what I know the best, but I'll try to cover pretty much everything if I can, like Sherlock, Harry Potter, the Hunger Games, Star Trek, Star Wars, Firefly...

So any interest before I decide to submit the panel?

CoRunner of the San Japan Live Action Cosplay Contest and 50% of the Men Who Stare At Suits
    Cosplay SJ7
    Han Solo- Star Wars: A New Hope|Visas Marr- Star Wars KOTOR: II|Tsukimi- Princess Jellyfish|Phoenix Wright- Ace Attorney

The Men Who Stare at Suits theSock.Monkey.Renegade's Avatar
    Disregard this.
    Forum glitched. This was meant to be a reply in a different thread.
    How the heck did it get here?

CoRunner of the San Japan Live Action Cosplay Contest and 50% of the Men Who Stare At Suits
    Cosplay SJ7
    Han Solo- Star Wars: A New Hope|Visas Marr- Star Wars KOTOR: II|Tsukimi- Princess Jellyfish|Phoenix Wright- Ace Attorney

Sounds like an interesting panel
    crazy things have happened and were still here....
    SJ 7:Cana (Fairytail)= 100%
    Daphne (scooby-doo)= 100%
    Penny(Big Bang Theory)=100%
    Arrietty(Secret Life of Arrietty)=85%
    Katara (Avatar the Last Airbender)= 100%