All general attendee access badges are accepted at General Autograph Sessions. A valid convention badge will be required.
ALL Gold and Premiere Pass holders do not have front of the line access for autographs. Gold and Premiere Pass holders will need to wait in the same lines as general attendees for Friday/Saturday/Sunday general autograph sessions. A special VIP autograph session will be held on Sunday of the convention after the VIP Brunch for Gold Pass Holders Only.
PLEASE READ THE UPDATES BELOW ON 2019 CHANGES MADE TO OUR AUTOGRAPH POLICY. THIS INCLUDES THE NUMBER ALLOWED AND POTENTIALLY CHARGED FOR AUTOGRAPHS IF YOU’RE SEEKING MORE THAN ONE.
In an effort to predict wait times for autograph lines and to allow our attendees and guests to have as much fun as possible at San Japan, the following guidelines should be observed.
- All attendees must be wearing their attendee badge (of any type) to show that they are valid convention badge holder to obtain an autograph.
- The first one hundred attendees in line for a given autograph session will receive tickets just prior to the start of the session.
- Anyone past the one hundred mark will not receive a ticket. Individuals without tickets are not guaranteed an autograph. Whether or not they receive an autograph depends on how quickly the line moves during the allotted time.
- San Japan reserves the right to end the line to keep events (and guests) on schedule.
- Attendees are not allowed to line up for an autograph session more than 60 minutes before the scheduled start time. Attendees gathering in the vicinity of the autograph section before that time will be asked to disperse.
- To keep the line moving, we request that attendees bring absolutely no more than one item will be signed. Items should also be prepared for signing. For example, DVD inserts should be removed from the case and posters should be unrolled.
- Attendees are welcome to take photographs of the guests, if the guest allows it, but we ask that they please refrain from asking the guests to come around the table for a posed shot.
- Attendees participating in disruptive or rude behavior may be asked to leave the autograph area.
- In 2019 and beyond all San Japan VIP guests may decide on their autograph policy. Some will charge for all autographs, some will charge after the first autograph, while some might make all autographs free. San Japan will inform attendees what this guest has decided on. Pricing will be determined by the guest. San Japan will not know how much the guest will charge for autographs or photos.
- For Japanese Music Guests, the guest will be allowed to require a purchase of a merchandise item at the convention in order to obtain an autograph and/or photo.
- Guests may end the session at any time to adhere to their convention schedule.
- We will update a guest page at any time announced guests are requiring San Japan to charge for autographs or charging after the first autograph.
If these simple rules are followed, you can help as many of our friends enjoy San Japan as possible. The faster the line moves, the better chance the person behind you will get the opportunity to meet their favorite guests!