Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cosplay Show Rules for 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Amouranth View Post
    I didn't see this anywhere (forgive me if I'm blind) but could a person enter both the walk on contest and video game contest with either the same or different costumes?
    We are separate events, so I don't see why not. I'm assuming there's nothing in their rules about it.

Iv sent an email to the coplay runers but didnt get a reply, so i was wondering if it would be ok if i could propose to my girlfriend before the cosplay contest fully starts? if that would be ok with everyone that is running the cosplay conteast?

Quote Originally Posted by Hazama View Post
    Iv sent an email to the coplay runers but didnt get a reply, so i was wondering if it would be ok if i could propose to my girlfriend before the cosplay contest fully starts? if that would be ok with everyone that is running the cosplay conteast?
    We never got said email, so it may have been sent elsewhere, but either way we're fine with it so long as it doesn't break any existing rules. We've had them before.

no it wont :3 i wont be in the cosplay contest thats why i wish to do it in the beginning. but of course wont take up any time for the contest. Is there anyone i need to talk to when i get there friday?

no it wont :3 i wont be in the cosplay contest thats why i wish to do it in the beginning. but of course wont take up any time for the contest. Is there anyone i need to talk to when i get there friday?
    If you're not in the actual contest, we can't allow it. It would take what little time we have offered away from those who are there to actually compete. Time is a precious commodity for us.

oh ok its all good :3 thank you!

oh ok its all good :3 thank you!
    That being said, there ARE other events that take place in the same room you could do this at. The AMV Contest, Opening Ceremonies, etc. I recommend getting in touch with them.

Ok! thank you very much!

who would i contact for opening ceremonies?

who would i contact for opening ceremonies?
    That would be me but opening ceremonies is meant to welcome the con and introduce the guests. Nothing further.
    In Charge Of The Chaos

Darn xD lolz guess ill just randomly do it when we are walking around the con :3

Cosplay contest

How do we proove that we did 75% of the work? Im clueless.

I was planning to work on a cosplay outfit that shows a bit more skin. The website is a little vague on the rules for this. The skin show will be about the same amount as a bikini, is that okay or should I work on a more covered outfit?

Can you PM us with a reference image?

His Little White Kitten DezzyDiamond's Avatar
    Ok i have a few questions:

~would i be classified under the journyman category since I won a minor award and have been cosplaying four 4 years?
    ~Do wigs counnt on craftsmanship? For my cosplay I am doing a double or triple wig and sewing the ears in.
    ~I plan on cosplaying as Felicia for the show, and her costume is very revealing so I need to alter the design so it covers more skin. Would that count against me?
    I will be selling at Mizuumi-con and Guesting

1. Yes, you'd be classified as a journeyman, as you have more experience than a novice.
    2. Yes, wigs definitely count, especially with something like that.
    3. No. Modifications for modesty are never counted against someone.

His Little White Kitten DezzyDiamond's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thegearproject View Post
    1. Yes, you'd be classified as a journeyman, as you have more experience than a novice.
    2. Yes, wigs definitely count, especially with something like that.
    3. No. Modifications for modesty are never counted against someone.
    Perfect thank you.
    I will be selling at Mizuumi-con and Guesting

I have been looking all over the forum and I think this is a good spot for my question. I want to know specifically for girls what would be allowed as a costume or what is too revealing. Can we wear something similar to a small shirt and bikini bottoms?

Quote Originally Posted by RenEWok View Post
    I have been looking all over the forum and I think this is a good spot for my question. I want to know specifically for girls what would be allowed as a costume or what is too revealing. Can we wear something similar to a small shirt and bikini bottoms?
    As far as I know (and someone can correct me if I'm wrong), you need to have all of your naughty no-no areas covered including your entire butt (not just wearing a thong). So long as nothing is hanging out of your bottoms, you're good. The hotel does reserve the right to tell you to put on more clothing, though, so be prepared to change if you're asked.

So where do I go to sign up for the stage cosplay? I have something special in mind that should be done in time, and I think would be worth showing off in a contest.