Thread: MTG In the House

Thumbs up MTG In the House

I want to know what types and how many turnys there will be at SJ5. What do you wish to have at SJ5 also.

FMN - got to have that the first night
    Legacy-
    Modern-yes
    Standard- yes
    Block Constructed-Yes
    Sealed Deck-yes
    Booster Draft-yes
    Two-Headed Giant-
    Commander-yes
    Archenemy-
    Planechase-

Those are my pick. Soundoff and Give me you picks.

I would love to see a turny for Legacy but would you also consider doing one for Vintage and hell to the yes on Commander!!!

Past 10 Posts
    new to magic but bf plays a lot, where are we doing these?! if you dont mind a noob playing I'll join, if not i like to watch. creep status level 100

As far as me and my friends go we don't mind helping someone new to the game and I think this will be wherever SJ gives us the tables to play at so probably wherever they set up all the other table top games at. Hope to see you and your bf there for some throw downs.

My boyfriend and I are pretty new too! I don't understand all of this "Legacy" and "Modern" and "Standard" stuff, but if we could join in and totally lose a couple of rounds...

Wait, I shouldn't be saying that! *rolls up sleeves* We will be there to annihilate all of you with our awesome MTG SKILLZ. Are there any specific times or dates to be aware of, or are the games basically just "whenever everyone ends up in the gaming room ready to play"?

Its great to hear many of you all wanting the play MTG at San Japan. New players are always welcome!
    I have been talking to Ooples the gaming and anime store that is incharge of the tabletop at San Japan. They are working hard to get everything ready to go. They said that there will be many turnies to paly in, and also just friendly games. I will see what else I can find out and get back to you all. Hope to paly you all at the con!

Just started playing and kinda getting the hang of it, friend help me make two decks already working on two more xD Anyways as iv been told in tournaments your only allowed to use the recent cards not the old ones, is that the same situation for here?

Quote Originally Posted by Hazama View Post
    Just started playing and kinda getting the hang of it, friend help me make two decks already working on two more xD Anyways as iv been told in tournaments your only allowed to use the recent cards not the old ones, is that the same situation for here?
    Hi. When playing in Friday Night Magic you have to play with the recent sets of cards. For the Magic Legacy turny you can use almost any card new and old except for a few banned cards and sets. Now for when your just playing for fun its up to you and who your are playing against to see if you can use older cans.

Here is a link to all the different formats or styles of games you can play and the rules for each.

Casual Formats:
    http://www.wizards.com/Magic/TCG/Res...formats-casual

Sanctioned Formats:
    http://www.wizards.com/Magic/TCG/Res...ats-sanctioned

I have played a few of the casual, but mostly stick to the sanctioned stuff.

Hope to play you at the con.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankol75 View Post
    I want to know what types and how many turnys there will be at SJ5.
    For Magic the Gathering there will be several tournaments scheduled through the weekend. It begins with Friday Night Magic at 7PM Friday Night. Saturday a Legacy Tournament has been planned at 4PM followed by a draft at 8PM. Friday Night Magic and the Legacy Tournament will be free to enter with prize support provided. The Draft however will have a $15 Entry fee. If you are looking for other Magic events to be held we can discuss the logistics on that. Although not planned a Commander Tournament could be easily worked into the schedule.

For a listing of all the current tournaments scheduled check here:
    http://www.san-japan.org/events/tabletop-schedule

Contact me if you wish to try and setup and non scheduled card tournaments.

Joshua,
    Ooples Apparel