Thread: Melon Bread at the Snack Table?

Question Melon Bread at the Snack Table?

I'm not even sure if this belongs here... but it has a little to do with the convention, so I'll go ahead and post it. @.@

I'm doing a Shakugan no Shana cosplay this year (my first cosplay evurrrrr), and I have everything crafted/ordered/whatever. However, I was considering doing a lot of posing incorperating Shana's iconic melon bread obsession. My issue is that I don't know where to get melon bread. A friend of mine told me that a snack table somewhere definitely sold melon bread last year, and will probably have the same merchandise this year. However, I never got a good look at the snack table because I was working on a strict schedule, so I never saw this fabled melon bread.

If there will be melon bread for sale somewhere, I am considering buying it at San Japan to save myself shipping costs, as I don't know where to buy it otherwise. So, if anyone knows about this, could you please give me a price estimate or at least confirm that my friend was right?

Otherwise, does anyone know of any Asian food shops around here that sell it? I do in fact live in San Antonio.

And lastly, if melon bread is not sold at the convention, and there is no shop conveniently nearby, I know where to buy it online to stock up before the con. So, thank you very much~!

8th Evil Ex-Boyfriend illusion007's Avatar
    i know for sure Ooples and the Japanese store next to it sells them, and it's really good with some ramune
    PHGirl x 007 = PH7 (God help us)

Melon bread will not be for sale at San Japan. We are strictly forbidden by contract with the hotel and convention center to allow any outside companies to bring in food for sale. It is not even known at this point if they'll have Pocky & Ramune for sale.
    In Charge Of The Chaos

The Sweet Apple Acre Princess Puritysan's Avatar
    That rule is gonna suck for that one vendor that always is selling pocky, ramune, melon bread and other snacks.

I just wish I could remebmer the name,. Kyoto Kitchen? Maaannnn...

Eyyyyyyy Sexy Cosplay~
    Tumblr Fandom Style~
    O-O-O-O-T-P~

Quote Originally Posted by Puritysan View Post
    That rule is gonna suck for that one vendor that always is selling pocky, ramune, melon bread and other snacks.

I just wish I could remebmer the name,. Kyoto Kitchen? Maaannnn...
    It was Half Full Studios who sold them the last 2 years. They're aware. Kyoto Kitchen has never sold at SJ. They've inquired on space but I've told them about the issue on selling food.
    In Charge Of The Chaos

The Sweet Apple Acre Princess Puritysan's Avatar
    Saddening. Really really saddening. Ah well.

Eyyyyyyy Sexy Cosplay~
    Tumblr Fandom Style~
    O-O-O-O-T-P~

Awwwww. Well thank you anyway! That's good to know. I'll have to tell my friends to not expect to be able to rely on their snack table this year.