Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IkkiCon 2012

His Little White Kitten DezzyDiamond's Avatar

IkkiCon 2012

This will pretty much be my last year here if it doesn't shape up so I want to know if anyone feels the same about it?
    I will be selling at Mizuumi-con and Guesting

The Men Who Stare at Suits theSock.Monkey.Renegade's Avatar
    Where's the venue this year?
    I had fun last year, I honestly did. I also didn't go to a single even or panel, or even spend much time inside for that matter. XD
    I am going, mainly because now that I spend most of the year in Nashville away from my cosplay friends here, it's nice to be able to see them during my winter break and be able to catch up. I stopped going for the con itself about three years ago anyways...

CoRunner of the San Japan Live Action Cosplay Contest and 50% of the Men Who Stare At Suits
    Cosplay SJ7
    Han Solo- Star Wars: A New Hope|Visas Marr- Star Wars KOTOR: II|Tsukimi- Princess Jellyfish|Phoenix Wright- Ace Attorney

Its back at the hilton but panel wise its awful i even thought of applying for staff to try and improve the con XD

The Men Who Stare at Suits theSock.Monkey.Renegade's Avatar
    Huh. Yeah, I'd submit some panels (because honestly, the only way programming is going to get better is if people submit), but I have designated Ikki as my "I am relaxing" con merely because I'm wiped from first semester during it.

And the Hilton. Mixed feelings, but still, better to be back there than at the AT&T center. However, expecting my calves to be screaming at me after three days of steep escalator climbing once again...

CoRunner of the San Japan Live Action Cosplay Contest and 50% of the Men Who Stare At Suits
    Cosplay SJ7
    Han Solo- Star Wars: A New Hope|Visas Marr- Star Wars KOTOR: II|Tsukimi- Princess Jellyfish|Phoenix Wright- Ace Attorney

oh the escalators.... my feet were sore for a week... but i just want to do stuff to make the con better since it really started going down hill. First year i went I loved it but it is getting worse and worse o.o

I'm going....and i agree, last year was bad, but the year before was HORRID x.x i had to wait in line for about 4 hours,just to find out that they'd put me in the wrong line ewe;; I do like the con, but the past two years i've been, they've been a bit of a pain.....and i sincerely hope they'll get their act together for once....not to be rude of course.
    Current Cosplays (for SJ7)

Dead Master (BRS) - 100% (Finished)
    Ruby Rose (RWBY) - 65%
    White/Touko/Hilda - Pokemon B/W - 75%

Author/Blogger/Podcaster randomizer9's Avatar
    Yeah, I've been to Ikkicon once as an attendee and it struck me as 'okay' but not worth the drive up from SA, IMO. They have the luxury of being 'the only game in town.' People complain, but they also KEEP GOING.
    Eduardo "randomizer9" Soliz, Short Story Author
    randomizer9.com

Quote Originally Posted by merus322 View Post
    I'm going....and i agree, last year was bad, but the year before was HORRID x.x i had to wait in line for about 4 hours,just to find out that they'd put me in the wrong line ewe;; I do like the con, but the past two years i've been, they've been a bit of a pain.....and i sincerely hope they'll get their act together for once....not to be rude of course.
    I agree with you on that. But if they dont fix up their game plan they may find themeselves a retired convention.

Retired by what? Anime Overload? LOL

Isn't Anime Overload just the pre-ikkicon Con. Ikki part one.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrHolm View Post
    Retired by what? Anime Overload? LOL

Isn't Anime Overload just the pre-ikkicon Con. Ikki part one.
    Well you get what i mean. XD The con will die out one day

Yeah. . .Hopefully they'll at least get better with their setup,that way they might be able to survive a little longer?

Ruby Rose (RWBY) - 65%

Yeah. . .Hopefully they'll at least get better with their setup,that way they might be able to survive a little longer?
    IF they're as bad as I hear they are, then maybe surviving isn't the best option. A bad con hurts others as it might lead people to believe every con is like that or wherever they had a bad experience.

The Sweet Apple Acre Princess Puritysan's Avatar
    And Anime Overload is somehow better, it being a child of Ikki. HOW THE HECK.

Personally, I think it's just because of the date they ended up with. New Years? I'm still wondering about that one.

Last year was horrible. And I'm glad they're back in a hotel and NOT using a tent on uneven gravel for main events. That was STUPID.

I heavily doubt they'll have my attendance this year.

Eyyyyyyy Sexy Cosplay~
    Tumblr Fandom Style~
    O-O-O-O-T-P~

Quote Originally Posted by Puritysan View Post
    And Anime Overload is somehow better, it being a child of Ikki. HOW THE HECK.
    I know the answer to this question!

---THIS ACCOUNT IS RETIRED--- Blitzkrieg's Avatar
    I'll go if other friends go and I can crash at someone's house. Otherwise, nope.

SAN JAPAN MACH 5 COSPLAYS:
    Toki Wartooth - Metalocalypse
    Scarecrow/Dr. Crane (Batman Begins version) - Batman
    Female Mayor Buckman - 2001 Maniacs: Field of Screams

San Antonio's Male Stripper ThePlayboyBunny's Avatar
    By year before I assume you mean January 2011 (Dec 2010)? If so, I'm glad I'm not alone in my pain. I came with a group of 7, and we all left rather sadfaced :/

All in all, I don't think Ikki will ever die out. It's at a strategic location and it's an anime con in Texas lol.

But, yeah, hopefully this year's will be better. Not sure if I'm going if only because hotels are so brutally expensive, and the last time I slept in a room with over 10 people, an "awful night's sleep" is being delicate @_@
    I'm an advice-giver, listener, and psychiatrist by day
    and a wild, party-starting, life-of-the-party male entertainer by night
    I exist to explain dreams
    And then I aim to fulfill them
    I am here to keep it classy
    And then I am here to party

Oh lord OAO;; i don't usually go to cons in big groups,but i probably will for Ikki-con (My friends can't afford a hotel room for SanJapan,or get a ride up) and i just now considered the fact that it'll probably add more problems on my part. . . Oh god. X.X

Ruby Rose (RWBY) - 65%

I always go to cons in big groups, but we always splinter-off anyways. That, and my friends are fxxking awful at answering their phones, so instead of being disappointed I tend to just not really bother meeting back up lol.

I'm not sure I get what you mean. Bringing people to cons ups the experience exponentially. It makes getting a hotel much easier, fo sho. You just have to be really cool with everybody you're rooming with, because the moment your friends want to invite their friends...can be problematic. Plus, if I were you, I'd be the one buying the hotel so you can adjudicate who gets the room keys >_>. AAAALLLSOOOOO...definitely determine bed order, because while I love my overweight Silent Bobs of friends, sleeping inbetween two of them is just not something I'm prepared to do twice in my life.

.../rant

Seriously though go to cons with friends, and get hotels with them. Albeit your location says Austin so I assume you wouldn't need one? dot dot dot

I wouldn't.and that's the problem. all of my friends are TOTAL slackers,so it'd be like last time,where i waited for two hours for them to tell me that they decided not to come >.< I always have bad luck when it comes to that stuff.

Ruby Rose (RWBY) - 65%

Bad luck as in they decided not to go to Ikkicon? Dude, if you have floor space to spare I know I can convince my gang of con-goers to make the trek up there and have you tag along with us. Otherwise, we might just buy one-day passes, maybe :/...