Thread: Multicultural Steampunk panel feedback

Multicultural Steampunk panel feedback

The last time we filled the panel room was at the last Ikkicon, and I think San Japan blew that number away. Wow. We are really happy to see that much interest in incorporating steampunk outside of the typical Victorian England setting.

We are always looking for feedback on our panels, especially this one. First off, just to make sure some clarity comes through, this is a 101 style panel. You should know something about steampunk, at least a Steampunk 101 experience. However, you don't need to know (and we don't expect people to know) anything regarding the multicultural aspect. That's why we do this panel.

Now then, since I blab a lot in this panel, please take some time to blab our way and let us know what you think about the panel. Any changes? Any additions? We are looking to update the content as we have done this panel at several cons now and would like to keep it from being "the same old thing" in the future.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrassApple View Post
    The last time we filled the panel room was at the last Ikkicon, and I think San Japan blew that number away. Wow. We are really happy to see that much interest in incorporating steampunk outside of the typical Victorian England setting.

We are always looking for feedback on our panels, especially this one. First off, just to make sure some clarity comes through, this is a 101 style panel. You should know something about steampunk, at least a Steampunk 101 experience. However, you don't need to know (and we don't expect people to know) anything regarding the multicultural aspect. That's why we do this panel.

Now then, since I blab a lot in this panel, please take some time to blab our way and let us know what you think about the panel. Any changes? Any additions? We are looking to update the content as we have done this panel at several cons now and would like to keep it from being "the same old thing" in the future.

Thanks.
    Really enjoyed the panel, one suggestion, lose the bell during your talk, there was this constant ringing of it as you moved around the stage that was very distracting.

Yeah, we got mention of that from some folks, and you can hear it really well in the video (the pitch carried very well). I didn't hear it much over the background noise from the next room.