Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cosplay Commisioner and Wig Stylist for hire.

His Little White Kitten DezzyDiamond's Avatar

Cosplay Commisioner and Wig Stylist for hire.

I am a cosplay commissioner and wig stylist here in San Antonio. I have about 5 years for cosplay experience but have been sewing since I was 10. I am available for a few commissions and the sooner you let me know the better since it gives me more time to focus on detail and perfect it.

I require a down payment in order to start the order. A lot of people have been taking advantage of me lately so that will be a huge deterant from people who are stealing from me or abusing my payments on the down payment.

I buy the base wigs from Arda Wigs, The Five Wits, or Cosplay DNA
    Fabric is purchased either at Hobby Lobby, JoAnns, or Hancock Fabrics

Here are some of my works
    Kagome: $20 in supplies made the day before the con (friend gave me money really late)
    Orhime: $25 in supplies, most fabric was recycled from sheets. One month of labor hand sewn
    Pikachu: $0 in supplies, most materials included the foam board for the tail was already in fabric storage. A few hours of labor.
    Kimono: $0 in supplies, fabric was given to me by my exs mother. 3 weeks of labor, handsewn pieces and machine.
    Lust: $50 for fabric $45 for wig. Wig was bought locally at a wig shop and hand styled by me. 4 hours of hand curling and 3 days of setting to ensure it wouldn't uncurl. Dress was 1 week of labor and the gloves were 2-3 days. The gloves were hand sewn and the dress was done on the machine. Dress had lining and boning in it.
    Greed: $80 in supplies (lycra is expensive) 1 month of labor handsewn for the most part.

I ask that money for supplies be paid first and ask for a labor fee (based on how hard it is ex Kagome-$10 and Greed-$35) after work is done. I offer payments if its needed.

~Dezzy
    Last edited by DezzyDiamond; 09-19-2012 at 10:21 AM. Reason: update
    I will be selling at Mizuumi-con and Guesting

Ok you can pick from three color swatches

the coral color is $24 and the brighter oranges are $34. Heat resistant fibers and soft and silky. Supplies would be like $5-7 (two scrunchies and a small can of hair spray like the travel size, preferiably the jonh frieda cuz it works awsomely!) and thats if i dont have it on me.

Labor would be like maybe $20 for labor and it has a year warranty on it ^_^.

email the stuff to me at dez.goth14@yahoo.comColor73and1271-121x150.jpgColorT2313andT2312-108x150.jpgColorOW039-127x150.jpg

Well you pay the money order to the five wits. I can text you the address (number is on my facebook)
    And tell me what wig color you want so i can give you the name of it and the exact price.
    You pay me at san japan for the labor and i will give it to you then. ^_^
    It should be like $25 for labor

hey i was wondering if you consider making these for me. It is not a sure thing....my boyfriend would have a cow if he knew i was paying some one to makes these. But i am already busy making my kids cosplays to wear and i feel like this is just easier on me

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/w...3/4a9fdb72.jpg

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...-stylo-art.jpg

I couldnt find better pics but i will try!
    Last edited by zenb; 02-01-2011 at 01:39 AM. Reason: miss spelled word

Quote Originally Posted by Tampopo View Post
    I'd rather have the wig before San Japan so I can try it on and make sure it fits, and my hairline isn't showing. Would it be possible to mail it to me or something?
    sure and if needed we can meet up when i get the wig so that way i can get the style perfected ^.^

@tampopo. what color do you want so that way i can give you the right price for the wig and the name so it can be ordered

Professional Zombie Killer SweetlyDemented's Avatar
    Well, I've been toying with the idea of pulling off an Edward Elric for SJ4 possibly... If I did that though, I'd have to get an automail arm from somewhere XD But out of curiosity, how much would Edward's jacket be? Not the red one, but the black white-lined one he wears underneath http://edwardelric.info/img/edward8.gif [on the right]
    C O S P L A Y _ L I S T _ C O M I N G _ E V E N T U A L L Y

Honestly, I'm kinda looking to buy a kimono for the Masquerade ball, But I want it to be reaaalllly formal and elaborate. And the one I found on google that I reaaaalllly like is like 0.0!!!! But I have no idea how much it would cost you to make it

Here's the link!!!!

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...w=1280&bih=588

And I would want something colorful for the outer Kimono if that's not too much to ask for, here's a link to what I like: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...w=1280&bih=588

It's a pretty big undertaking if you ask me, and I would eternally grateful if you can do something like this at a reasonable price (like at $150 or less) Just give me a guesstimation if you can do it and what price you would charge :P

KEEP IN MIND!!!!!

I live in Houston!!!!
    Last edited by INVEESABLE; 02-07-2011 at 12:25 AM.
    Cosplays

Friday: Rainbow Dash in a kimono (no wings)
    Saturday: Goth Rainbow Dash
    Sunday: Rave Rainbow Dash

8th Evil Ex-Boyfriend illusion007's Avatar
    i actually ran into Dezzy this Saturday during the Asian Festival and paid her what i got to do Kaito,i know she'll do a good job ^^
    PHGirl x 007 = PH7 (God help us)

Quote Originally Posted by SweetlyDemented View Post
    Well, I've been toying with the idea of pulling off an Edward Elric for SJ4 possibly... If I did that though, I'd have to get an automail arm from somewhere XD But out of curiosity, how much would Edward's jacket be? Not the red one, but the black white-lined one he wears underneath http://edwardelric.info/img/edward8.gif [on the right]
    I have a friend who does metal work, and could make an actual metal arm out of aluminum or tin (both light and soft metals)
    The jacket maybe at most $20 for supplies and maybe $20 for labor. Im actually working on one right now from my onii-chan!

Quote Originally Posted by INVEESABLE View Post
    Honestly, I'm kinda looking to buy a kimono for the Masquerade ball, But I want it to be reaaalllly formal and elaborate. And the one I found on google that I reaaaalllly like is like 0.0!!!! But I have no idea how much it would cost you to make it

Here's the link!!!!

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...w=1280&bih=588

And I would want something colorful for the outer Kimono if that's not too much to ask for, here's a link to what I like: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...w=1280&bih=588

It's a pretty big undertaking if you ask me, and I would eternally grateful if you can do something like this at a reasonable price (like at $150 or less) Just give me a guesstimation if you can do it and what price you would charge :P

KEEP IN MIND!!!!!

I live in Houston!!!!
    I know i can make the outer kimono easy, only issue being fabric cost (i bet that would cost more than what i charge for labor). For the actual kimono i would require a better image, its a bit hard for me to see all the details. The fabric style would vary since i doubt they will have the exact same fabric on the kimono.

Also I can give you the kimono at the con or ship it ^.^ if it needs to be fitted in if i ship it then you can send it back and i will fit it in.

Quote Originally Posted by illusion007 View Post
    i actually ran into Dezzy this Saturday during the Asian Festival and paid her what i got to do Kaito,i know she'll do a good job ^^
    and josh im shopping for your fabric tomarrow!

Quote Originally Posted by DezzyDiamond View Post
    I have a friend who does metal work, and could make an actual metal arm out of aluminum or tin (both light and soft metals)
    The jacket maybe at most $20 for supplies and maybe $20 for labor. Im actually working on one right now from my onii-chan!
    Ooooh, is that so? Not bad =D About how much would the metallic arm cost? And would you be posting pictures of the finished jacket? (As creepy as this will sound, I'm Anilec on your facebook).

Ooooh, is that so? Not bad =D About how much would the metallic arm cost? And would you be posting pictures of the finished jacket? (As creepy as this will sound, I'm Anilec on your facebook).
    I will ask him. and sure why not =]
    And as creepy as it sounds, i know lol. Feel free to check out my work on my page

I will ask him. and sure why not =]
    And as creepy as it sounds, i know lol. Feel free to check out my work on my page
    I have actually; I specially love how your Lust cosplay turned out. Simply beautiful!

I have actually; I specially love how your Lust cosplay turned out. Simply beautiful!
    it was rushed! i didn't get the last of the material until maybe 5 days before the con ^.^''

it was rushed! i didn't get the last of the material until maybe 5 days before the con ^.^''
    Whoa really? O.o; Well that's an impressive job right there! Oh, and would your friend be familiar with Edward's automail design, or FMA?

Whoa really? O.o; Well that's an impressive job right there! Oh, and would your friend be familiar with Edward's automail design, or FMA?
    yeah but i worked on it for 4 hours a day if not more lol
    and he is, he made one already ^_^

yeah but i worked on it for 4 hours a day if not more lol
    and he is, he made one already ^_^
    Oooooh snap; Sorry to bother you, but would you happen to have any pictures of it?

I know i can make the outer kimono easy, only issue being fabric cost (i bet that would cost more than what i charge for labor). For the actual kimono i would require a better image, its a bit hard for me to see all the details. The fabric style would vary since i doubt they will have the exact same fabric on the kimono.

Also I can give you the kimono at the con or ship it ^.^ if it needs to be fitted in if i ship it then you can send it back and i will fit it in.

....I just found the coolest looking Kimono is the world!!! I'll PM you a picture of it, cause if you can do a kimono like this then I want it to be a surprise!!!!
    Cosplays

Friday: Rainbow Dash in a kimono (no wings)
    Saturday: Goth Rainbow Dash
    Sunday: Rave Rainbow Dash