Thread: Getting Colored Contacts

Dominating Since the 90's Elmrada's Avatar

Getting Colored Contacts

Hey guys!
    So, I'm cosplaying as Zidane Tribal, a blond hair'd, blue eyes pale guy. So, I have red hair (I'll get a wig), green eyes, and I'm pale too. I was thinking about getting blue color contacts for Zidane. I've never worn contacts (though I do wear glasses because I'm nearsighted) and I was wondering if someone had previous expirence with colored contacts. My eyes aren't bad enough to need glasses 24/7, though the glasses improve my far sight quite a bit. I'm sure getting colored contacts with prescription can get pricy, so if I just bought blue contacts would that be a good idea? Anyone have any suggestions or previous expirences?
    Cosplays I've Done:
    Female Ranma (Ranma 1/2)
    Zidane Tribal (Dissidia)
    Claire Redfield (Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles)
    Ellie (The Last of Us)

Le bump.
    Cosplays I've Done:
    Female Ranma (Ranma 1/2)
    Zidane Tribal (Dissidia)
    Ellie (The Last of Us)

If you're willing to pay at least over $20 for the contacts with prescription, then circle lenses would be the best way to go! I have had experience with ordering from sites such as koreabigeyes and honeycolor; they have great customer service. I wear prescription lenses and they don't come with extra charge, though it depends on the site you are on and what lenses you want to buy. Also, most lenses last a whole year. Make sure to read reviews of the lenses and be prepared to do some research on them as well; there are lots of youtube videos doing reviews on circle lenses, so it really helps. Also, each website varies in price for each contact lens so to get the cheapest price you can browse around; however, make sure that the lenses are authentic and the site looks promising, if they aren't they could really damage your eyes. Hope this helped somewhat!
    http://www.honeycolor.com/special-ef...play-lens.html here's a link to honeycolor's special effect cosplay lens if you want a vibrant color. There's other lenses too throughout the site, though. It's really helpful because you can shop by color! (and dont worry, thought it looks like a girly site, guys do purchase from it haha)
    Last edited by luvu4never; 11-07-2011 at 09:19 PM.

SJ5 cosplay:
    Friday- Hirasawa(K-ON!)- 99%
    Saturday- Yuno Gasai(Future Diary)- 99%

Quote Originally Posted by luvu4never View Post
    and dont worry, thought it looks like a girly site, guys do purchase from it haha
    Hey, just 'cause I'm a tomboy-ish girl doesn't mean I'm turned away by the girly websites that help ;D
    Thanks for your insight! It was really good to hear that! I think I'll be buying some for my Cosplay ^_^
    Cosplays I've Done:
    Female Ranma (Ranma 1/2)
    Zidane Tribal (Dissidia)
    Ellie (The Last of Us)

Quote Originally Posted by Elmrada View Post
    Hey, just 'cause I'm a tomboy-ish girl doesn't mean I'm turned away by the girly websites that help ;D
    Thanks for your insight! It was really good to hear that! I think I'll be buying some for my Cosplay ^_^
    Ah, my fault, i misread and thought you were a boy, @_@ haha sorry! Glad to help though!

SJ5 cosplay:
    Friday- Hirasawa(K-ON!)- 99%
    Saturday- Yuno Gasai(Future Diary)- 99%

Quote Originally Posted by luvu4never View Post
    Ah, my fault, i misread and thought you were a boy, @_@ haha sorry!
    Nah, I had a feeling ^_^ It's easy to get mislead on forums since I don't have a picture of myself and I'm cross-playing. Thank you for helping! I'm actually ordering now!
    http://www.honeycolor.com/super-pinky-blue.html
    Thank you!
    Cosplays I've Done:
    Female Ranma (Ranma 1/2)
    Zidane Tribal (Dissidia)
    Ellie (The Last of Us)

To save money, I usually buy my cosplay contacts at my local mall. They sell them for about 20 bucks and have wild designs too (Sharingan anyone?)
    The store is called Freestyle and located in Ingram Park Mall.
    I've bought 3 sets of contacts from there and they're good and have no problems!
    SAN JAPAN MACH5 COSPLAY
    John Egbert and Jake English

GEO has circle contact lenses with a prescription that don't cost too much (about $21). You can get them at either candylens.com ($21), yesstyle.com (well-known site, but here they cost $15 each, you'll have to buy two for each eye), or asianfoodgrocer.com ($17.95) ^^ I hope that helps you